AuthorTopic: Last Chance for next version...  (Read 27901 times)

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
Re: Last Chance for next version...
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2005, 09:39:40 pm »
what is the meaning of GRAFT
Cut a branch from one tree (apple) and make a cut into another tree (pear) put the apple tree branch into the cut in the pear tree, and the pear tree now grows apples on that branch... this is what "graft the apple tree branch into the pear tree" means.

Giving the Necro a Paladin skill is grafting the skill.  Cut skin from one person/creature to repair burn injury on another person is a skin graft.

@webwalker nice ideas
some seem not to be possible, some seem to be need more trial and error or me..maybe next version

I'll believe that!  (I tried to keep the ideas fairly clear, but that doesn't mean that implementation is simple!)

necro: reduce curse curse..why..pala has an aura doing the same...i think it is also on a merc

You guys sleep the hours I play, I work the hours you play, so I'm almost always alone.  Party play is almost impossible for me.  And, I play much slower that most of you guys (you guys generally make Kamikazi Banzai Crazies seem a bit timid).

bonespear is 33% phys. dmg...
This must be new as of the next patch, because it wasn't there last time I tried to kill a Lava Maw with a Bone Spear.  Bone Spirit also?  (Bone Spirit needs a random laughter sound track while it is in flight...)

ama: why dim vision?
So ama doesn't get rushed by mobs of monsters and can strafe/multi from a distance until the area is clear.  It's my idea of what skill does the Amazon most need (another possibility is Enchant... add magic damage from points in Penetrate and this is covered).

sorc: never saw a stone spell working in d2(long freeze lenght should be possible...but this wont work on cold immunes, what is multiple images??)
From ancient AD&D (Advanced Dungeons and Dragons) not d2 at all... stoneskin meaning physical damage reduction until the spell wears off (like assa Fade)...  Multiple Images means there are 2, 3, 4, ... of you for the enemy to attack, only 1 is *really* you. Hitting an image wears it out.  It's a mages' version of Dodge/Evade/Avoid/Decoy.

assa: if you wear a throwing weapon it should work with bladespells, i assume
It does, you are right, but since they're NOT claw-class weapons you have a big AR hurdle to overcome, and Baba Masteries overcome AR problems.  Thus my suggestion that throwing mastery would be a great help to blade fury assassin.

pala: like nec...there is the spell..play party :P

If I could, and could understand the chatter...

baba..really playing babas with daggers??? this man like a bear with such little knifes :P

Yup!  Whirlwind with a pair of Gull or other high-MF daggers and watch the stuff hit the ground!  Much faster than a pair of Ali Baba blades (which are sslloowwwwww).  Baba needs an Oil of IAS. (And to be able to dual-wield spear/polearm/GreatAxe/anything smaller than a real bear)

I love this mod!  It keeps me out of SO much trouble!

Offline seishin

• my Votes: +2/-2
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.foomy.de
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2005, 11:08:06 pm »
[...]
ich scheine zu dumm zu sein..aber ich seh keinen grund weshalb die assa kicks imemr feuer dmg machen..die einzige missile die ausgelöst wird, hab ich umgebaut..dennoch bleibt das ding auf feuerschaden...
ich wollte eigentlich ne giftwolke beim kick erreichen..neuer skill KäseFuss..tja war nix

was aber dabei aufgefallen ist, der einzig direkt getroffene gegner kann auch eine andere schadensart als feuer abkriegen..zb mag, pois, cold..das blau sieht man im gegensatz zum gift..aber was aucvh geht..stun...
nur ist das fuer mich alles noch kein brueller der einen neuen skill erzeugt..aber ich koennte den vorhandenen kick so umbauen das man beim direkt getroffenen gegner cold oder ich find besser stun ausloest..cold macht scheinbar schaden..aber langwierig..das mit dem stun würde dem alles etwas martialisches geben.
was haltet ihr von der änderugnsidee..oder macht das ne kickse zu overpowered..wie gesagt nur einer wird stunned..dafuer wuerde der ele dmg des einen char auch verloren gehen...
[...]

Von welchen Skill sprichst du da, Chaos? Drachenschwanz oder Drachenkralle?

Offline Ganymed

• my Votes: +104/-36
  • Silvio de B.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2005, 11:14:52 pm »
der eine kick ist doch mit feuerschaden inner beschreibung oder?

Offline Shinlos

• my Votes: +104/-46
  • :D
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2005, 11:19:24 pm »
Ich nehme an Drachenschwanz
It all returns to nothing...

Der Spruch passt besser denn je...

Offline Sportfreund

• my Votes: +72/-29
  • Acc: *Sportfreund
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2005, 12:36:30 am »
wenn der nec zu einem akzeptablen melee (nicht überragend, aber witzig :) ) werden soll wäre es eventuell hilfreich die bonearmor anzuheben. eventuell durch syns auf giftdolch. das würde dann für eine erhöhte lebensdauer sorgen ;)

Offline bdpf

• Old Gummy. i'm slower now. Stories can be told.
  • my Votes: +6/-0
  • Donated. Did you? (:^:) Need more coin, thou :(
    • Poke This Member
  • CE-Net Account: bdpf
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2005, 12:51:39 am »
Is it possible to have ore than one NPC (rouge, etc.) to follow you through out game. Like add one for everyother act ???
It would be nice in SP if cause big problem on CE-Net;)

Expanded Crafted Item list. I not a coder so I dont know hard this would be.

Make it possible to use rune words with elite & unquictes.  (typos & errors of spelling, are free) Letting them use
the lower values of rune words to keep the game balanced.

I like to play SP, so anyway to enhance SP would be nice..

I have noticed the monsters in NM are harder to wack them most in hell. Game Balance???

Make NPC use left & right hand, rouges to pick up arrows or bolts, as requiered, etc for others.
To pick up better sword or shield, when dropped by monster.;)

As I said I DONOT Write Code.  You asked for a wish list. :icon_santa:

Never tried to write a mod either.

My hat is of to all you guys who can, Thanks for a great mod. Thanks to Blizzard for a good gmae if
they dont mess it up, too.

bdpf

ps dols & teddy still a mystery to me, collected many dolls,, mainly for suiside dolls.......to unsocket items, need to change back or add LOD way.;)
.\\||||||//.
:) +  + ;)   Don't Bite now, Lost my teeth
      /\         So now I tell rambling stories!
  / === \      Grumpy, I is
 ! /|||||\ !      Older than dirt, Piped God
 /||||||||\  aboard this here Sky boat called Earth.
          Roll my own cigarettes, strong tobacco
        Drink anything that don't kill me.
   Cleaned my musket, sharpened the blades
Long Bow is strong,  arrows heads sharp, start running
Wannabe wordsmith, stories fabricated.
Don't call me late for lunch

Offline ChaosEmpireTopic starter

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2005, 01:33:19 am »
You guys sleep the hours I play, I work the hours you play, so I'm almost always alone.  Party play is almost impossible for me.  And, I play much slower that most of you guys (you guys generally make Kamikazi Banzai Crazies seem a bit timid).

WebWalker its on you to make some announcements in american forum to get mor player sfrom your timezone...
but not to load..wont wake blizzard...

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

• 1st CE Player
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2005, 01:36:09 am »
btw i deleted the druid ww skill...dancing bear ...charmin bear...gone...but activated ww items for shape shifted...

i need more skills, which need to be possible in shape shifted form(non druiid skills)
Make a list!!! or live with as is..

and...new skills will come..7 really easy things..making some new builds possible..fun sector..proably after nightmare playable..but mainly until end of nightmare...

Offline DrowElf

• my Votes: +75/-14
    • Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
  • CE-Net Account: drow-elf (HC-only)
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2005, 03:05:34 am »
Not a need but it can be fine to use venom and/or enchant (which come from items/teddy oder ubers) in shapeshifting.

Venom for fireclaw bear
Enchant for wolf

Not tested by myself at this time but what about auren from items as skill and not on equip do they work? As example Sanctuary Aura from the set ring Narrow Path between Light and Dark.

Offline evilspork

• my Votes: +1/-1
  • USWest
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2005, 03:11:18 am »
i'd like to see teleport being more useable.

maybe tweak skills so some of the less used spells are used.. kinda like how psychic hammer is good not(but not overpowered!)

maybe some interesting new uniques... + skills that are not native to a character, but make it so a viable character can be made from them. like the javalin sorc is now, but a few more options. that would be fun to try.

think about making the new "hellfire key" "quest" availible in NM. the quest will be so very hard in hell mode. maybe a lesser version can come from NM and the one found on bnet from hell? maybe the new uber bosses can drop uber-uniques too!(in nm and hell)

Offline evilspork

• my Votes: +1/-1
  • USWest
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2005, 03:13:26 am »
Not a need but it can be fine to use venom and/or enchant (which come from items/teddy oder ubers) in shapeshifting.

Venom for fireclaw bear
Enchant for wolf

Not tested by myself at this time but what about auren from items as skill and not on equip do they work? As example Sanctuary Aura from the set ring Narrow Path between Light and Dark.
on this note.. more items with an aura while equiped. then we can use them with an items that gives another characters skill, and we can effectivly use it with a many-aura character.

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2005, 04:57:55 am »
[while] shapeshifting:
Venom
Enchant
Add: All elemental spells (the prohibition on elemental spells while shape-shifted was bogus from the beginning...)
Outside skills: Fade, Burst of Speed, Vengeance, (each of these mututally exclusive: choose one at a time)
Enhancement: 1% Crushing Blow/point in Werebear

Offline bdpf

• Old Gummy. i'm slower now. Stories can be told.
  • my Votes: +6/-0
  • Donated. Did you? (:^:) Need more coin, thou :(
    • Poke This Member
  • CE-Net Account: bdpf
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2005, 06:23:28 am »
Hey!!!  What happened to my post????

bdpf
.\\||||||//.
:) +  + ;)   Don't Bite now, Lost my teeth
      /\         So now I tell rambling stories!
  / === \      Grumpy, I is
 ! /|||||\ !      Older than dirt, Piped God
 /||||||||\  aboard this here Sky boat called Earth.
          Roll my own cigarettes, strong tobacco
        Drink anything that don't kill me.
   Cleaned my musket, sharpened the blades
Long Bow is strong,  arrows heads sharp, start running
Wannabe wordsmith, stories fabricated.
Don't call me late for lunch

• 1st CE Player
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2005, 08:11:54 am »
enchant is already working for both...probably it is better to restrioct it to wolf..so fire bear is not overpowered..nice idea

Offline Killerhand

• my Votes: +16/-8
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2005, 09:00:04 am »
Hi,

mich würd es freuen, wenn der bär bzw. wolf nicht mehr ganz soo lahm rennen würde (was zum teil auch für andere chars gilt)

Ich würd auch dazu tendieren, "nur" Armagedon und hurrican freizuschalten (was schon ziemlich imba ist) Sollten alle elementar skills freigeschaltet für wandelform sein, wer spielt dann noch nen "normalen" elementardruiden?

Schön wär es wenn, die bo-skills, ladungen, fremdskills wie(verblassen, enchant, venom) in wandelform funktionieren würden. (Das zurückverwandeln nervt einfach nur)

Man könnte auch ES+ die 3 Zitterrüssen bei der sorc in wandelform freischalten,.. (aber auf keinen falll andere skills)

Dann wäre es auch mal Zeit,. die zum teil ganzen "sinnfreien" items aus dem game zu nehmen und evt. auch wieder die Set´s "stark" reduzieren. 90-95% der items werden von keinem getragen. (Ich weiß, dass das hier nicht ganz hingehört, aber wollte es nur kurz am rande erwähnt haben)

So dat wars,.

Viele Grüße
Killerhand
Von allen meinen bisherigen Freunden bist du der Erste.