Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: [Guide] two-handed melee amazon  (Read 8795 times)

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
Re: [Guide] two-handed melee amazon
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 08:43:53 am »
Thanks for the guide, Aleksa.

One point to recommend: the Venom skill available as a teddy skill (and possibly other means unknown to me) to cover the multitude of PI/LI monsters.  Perhaps this is not as vital as the Spear Mastery puppet skill you mention.

Question 1: Does the (new with 7.60) "Amazon Spear Mastery" fill the need that the teddy skill meets?

Question 2: You indicate Lightning Fury is unusable: is this only because of the 2-handed specialty of this build/guide, or does it arise from code-level problems like Fend has?

Question 3: Since Humility is a level 95 rune-word (at least the one I saw was) what is the best/preferred rw for armor before this level? CoH or Lionheart or ?

Question 4: With her "sharpened flag-pole" on one side, what weapon/shield combination goes on the other?  What skills are used there?  I'm wondering if this other weapon set should be where CtA is put, and also what to use against PI/LI monsters (cold/fire/poison/magic damage).

countdracula

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2005, 10:51:42 am »
Humility is lvl 86. The one you saw was probably socketed in an armor upped with a mod doll. Before humility: just take what seems most necessary. I think coh should do.

Offline Aleksa

• my Votes: +3/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2005, 11:16:20 am »
Question 1: Does the (new with 7.60) "Amazon Spear Mastery" fill the need that the teddy skill meets? You can also use the Broodwar-Client for +5Spearmastery which is different from your own amazon spear mastery but also work with character-specific amazon spears (both do NOT work with any kind of javelins!) Is this the answer to your question? Describe it more detailed when i am wrong with my answer. :)

Question 2: You indicate Lightning Fury is unusable: is this only because of the 2-handed specialty of this build/guide, or does it arise from code-level problems like Fend has? Simple answer: LF does only work with javelins and means 60 more Skill-Points which we do not have. We also need cta for the second slot anyway. This i have to add to the guide :)

Question 3: Since Humility is a level 95 rune-word (at least the one I saw was) what is the best/preferred rw for armor before this level? CoH or Lionheart or ? Humility is level 78 and wrong written in the list. Before you use it, everything with Resi and Skills is useable.

Question 4: With her "sharpened flag-pole" on one side, what weapon/shield combination goes on the other?  What skills are used there?  I'm wondering if this other weapon set should be where CtA is put, and also what to use against PI/LI monsters (cold/fire/poison/magic damage). Here you list up a problem which is hard to handle with this kind of amazon. 1. Use "nightshade"(grand unique charm which is dropped very often!) for piercing light-immunities and physical immunities. 2. Use Venom from your Teddy if you got a deadhc-doll. 3. Pierce immunities with your imperial belt (max. -100%enemy lightresi) + Conv-Aura from Merc + Rainbow-Facets + Lower Resistance from dollstash + any idea for -%enemy light-resi. 4. Use your party, you will need a party anyway ^_^

I hop i was able to help out and thanks for feedback for my "to do"-list.

Tschö mit Ö,
Aleksa

[EDIT]: Updated Equipment
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 12:05:13 pm by Aleksa »

Offline Shinlos

• my Votes: +104/-46
  • :D
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2005, 03:37:57 pm »
Edited the Humility runeword in the Wiki.

edit: Damn i missunderstood something ; )
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 02:40:18 pm by Shinlos »
It all returns to nothing...

Der Spruch passt besser denn je...

Offline Aleksa

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 05:26:18 pm »
No. LF/Lighting Fury does only work with javelins and not with two-handed spears.

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2005, 02:37:57 pm »
@aleksa: I made your first post (edited as of today) into a Wiki entry under Guides.  Minor tweaks only, nothing more needed.

Agarwaen

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2005, 03:41:27 pm »
Kommt ein Fanatismus-Wuestensohn mit Infinity oder so eigentlich gar nicht in Frage.. ? Ansonsten waer ein a5 Merc mit Fana und Concentration nich schlecht, oder ?

Offline Aleksa

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2005, 10:06:06 pm »
Ja, ich muss die Merc-Sektion noch reinschreiben, ich muss mir endlich mal zeit nehmen.

Danke für den Rat nochmals :)