AuthorTopic: [Guide] Bow Amazon (7.59) english  (Read 19553 times)

countdracula

[Guide] Bow Amazon (7.59) english
« on: June 18, 2005, 12:17:22 am »
Note that you find the updatet version of the guide here:

WIki (version 7.60d)

This version is for 7.59, but you still might find a lot of useful things here.

1. Stats

Str: reqs, every point set in str is a point less in dex or vita ergo less damage/life. Maybe you get enough points with the equip. Otherwise I would suggest a few points at the beginning, maybe 60 to be able to use plated belts (4 rows).
Dex/Vita: every point in dex means more damage. But especially in hc I think stating life is the better way. According to nemesis Dex:Vita should be about 5:3 in sc and maybe 3:5 in hc.
Ene: A bowie should leech enough mana. So nothing/very few points here.

2. Skills

passive skills:

Inner Sight: 1 point

Critical Strike: 30 points. The Skill reaches its maximum at slvl 84 with 82%. I think u should get a high enough chance with +skills. As bowie u have enough skillpoints. But wait until later to max the skill

Dodge: 0/1 point *

Slow Missiles: 1 point. useful, but 1 point is enough, a higher lvl only increases the length.

Avoid: 0/1 point *

Penetrate: 30 points. Higher chance to hit means more average damage. We should have enough points, and 95% chance to hit should be possible

Decoy: 1 point. With +skills the decoy should live long enough.

Evade: 0/1 point *

valkyrie: 0/1 point *

Pierce: 1-x points. To get 100% pierce u can use items.

*Some people do not like the evade skills, because the amazon performs a x frames evade animation and u can not do anything in this time. it might be better to get hit and have the chance to run away with enough fhr. If u do not skill the evade skills u can not skill valkyrie - if u need it.

bow skills

Magic Arrow: 30 points. Effective against physical/eledam immunes.

Fire Arrow: 0 points. I use the cold tree, because immolation arrow causes too much lag.

Cold Arrow: 30 points. Synergy to Ice and Freezing arrow

Multiple Shot: 1 point. We should get slvl 23 (24 arrows) with +skills. A higher slvl means only more mana needed per attack but not more arrows.

Exploding Arrow: 0 points. analog to fire arrow

Ice Arrow: 1 point. More points only increase the cold length of the Freezing Arrow. Maybe set some points here if u have the points left.

Guided Arrow: 1-x points. For Bosskilling. Maybe max later( very late if nothing else is left :-) )

Strafe: 1 point. Ok - maybe good for scouting. You see whether there are monsters around. I do not recommend using this skill for killing.

Immolation arrow: 0 points

Freezing Arrow: 30 points. higher slvl = more damage.

3. Equip

I need help here. But ok something i already know.

Rings + Amu: Diva Set

Armor: Tempered eth Dusk Shroud or Wire Fleece with nice @s. Maybe ressis, fhr, life. I would say some def can't be wrong. Rw Fortitude or coh in it. Fortitude means more damage, but coh has more ressis. Alternative is the new rw humility. A lot of life and def with the shouts + cbf

Bow: Physical tempered Geand Matronl Bow with rw Faith in it. The bow should have ed, ias and +ama/+bow skills on it. I think the ed on the equip or the aura is counted after the maxdam on the bow. So physical tempered should mean more damage - but you can help me there maybe.

Lowlvl: The Starter bow is quite bad (maybe if you socket it with some maxdam jewels or Pgs its ok). With lvl 24 you can were ragnarok sliver, or the runeword sting in a tempered rare bow. Anyway a tempered bow is the best thing for lowlvl

Belt: Tempered Belt (type does not really matter, take something with not too much str req and 4 rows) with rw blood in it. The Belt should have some ressis/fhr/life on it.
        Bul Kathos Belt (2 skills, leech, ressi)
        razortail (33% pierce) - razor is the only item where pierce does add, so 100% pierce easy possible with razor.

Helm: Circlet with +2 ama skills, ressis, leech etc. with rw blood in it.

Gloves: Tempered gloves for ias, travi gloves for leech, uber gloves for pierce (if u have them). Psycho gloves for more damage. By the way the whole psyhos set is quite good for lowlvl

Boots: Travi Boots, especially in combination with gloves effective.

Arrows:
 Rare Arrows with ed/ar other nice stats.
The new golden arrows (barbed arrows/piercing arrows/arrows of slaying are not too bad, and it is not very difficult to find them. But I was told, that the chance to pierce does not add, so the pierce of the arrows is not that effective.

Inventory:

ar/maxdam charms
bow skillers with good @s. like life/ressis usw.
Ogre King's Bowl: unique sc with dualleech.
ressi charms.

4. Mercenary

Might Mercenary for more (physical) damage should do the best. Maybe fana merc if u use something else than faith

Equip suggestion:
Gloves: travi
Boots: Travi/River Stalker
Rings/Amu: Diva
Weapon: Pride
Armor: Coh
Helm: Prowess in Battle/Bartucs Helm
Belt: Bul Kathos Belt/Blood.

Quite Short by now, but it should help players who want to start a bowazon. I'm looking forward to constructive criticism.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 04:21:51 pm by countdracula »

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
Re: [Guide] Bow Amazon (7.59) english
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 10:47:41 am »
In my limited experience running a Bowazon, I found Rare arrows to be better than Unique.
This is because the Rare arrows I have found included "hit causes monster to flee 100%", leach, and enhanced damage.

I would recommend 1 point in Strafe.  With plusses to skills this adds up to quite a bit, and strafe has one important use: it is a scout skill.  When you don't know whether there are monsters about, strafe; if you fire just one arrow you know you're alone, but if you fire a volley you have company and you know the directions to that company.  Then you know where to direct multi-shot vollies until you stop leaching (blue & red swirls stop).  One more strafe to verify you're alone, and continue.

I agree on the advice: only 1 point in Ice Arrow.  Each cold charm increases the chill/freeze time 1 second, and we have room for many small cold damage charms.  Even including the freeze-length-reduction in Nightmare and Hell, the bad guys stop moving for a good while.  Also I discovered that the chill time of sapphires adds to the freeze time of Freezing Arrow... try a bow with 6 Perfect Sapphires and freezing arrow, and open an Ice Sculpture Museum.  Frozen monsters are immune to knockback by the way.

In addition to the armor recommendations, I'd suggest considering Humility armor for the BO and resists.

1 hard point in Critical Strike suffices me: the plusses we have by character level 50 bring the CS chance over 50%, and one more point makes a small increase.  Also, Crushing Blow seems like a good substitute for CS/DS and suggests we build elemental-damage bows rather than physical damage bows, but I'm the one asking advice here...

I have never figured out whether I'm getting equipment with Pierce on it before building the character, so Pierce points are a Big Mystery... any answer is probably wrong...

All together, this advice (Thanks Count Dracula!) leaves enough points to make a viable hybrid bow/jav zon.

Offline Nemesis183

• my Votes: +75/-20
    • Poke This Member
    • That's me!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 11:05:32 am »
verbesserungsvorschläge kann ich ja auch deutsch posten, nä?

Ist ja schonmal n ganz netter guide, der sicherlich noch ein bisschen erweitert werden kann :)

Ich quote einfach mal:

1. Stats

Str: reqs, every point set in str is a point less in dex or vita ergo less damage/life. Since we get a lot stat points in ce about 100 points should be ok. Man brauch keine punkte in str, da man auf dem equipment mehr als genug zusammen bekommt!
Dex: every point in dex means more damage. But especially in hc I think stating life is the better way. Maybe about 300 points - a few more in softcore maybe for more damage.
Vita: The Rest --->Vit und dex sind beide wichtig! in SC würde ich etwa 5:3 skillen, in HC genau andersrum! 300 dex sind definitiv zu wenig!
Ene: About 70 points should be enough. with bo it is enough mana, and we leech what we spend. wieso? manamangel bei ner bowie? nicht wirklich... keine punkte in ene!

2. Skills

passive skills:

Inner Sight: 1 point

Critical Strike: 1-x points. The Skill reaches its maximum at slvl 84 with 82%. I think u should get a high enough chance with +skills. Maybe invest left points later here Ist ok, trotzdem würde ich bei diesem skill jeden prozentpunkt mitnehmen! also am ende gerne maxen!

Dodge: 0/1 point *

Slow Missiles: 1 point. useful, but 1 point is enough, a higher lvl only increases the length.

Avoid: 0/1 point *

Penetrate: 1-x points. Higher chance to hit means more average damage. We should have enough points, and 95% chance to hit could be possible in hell MAXEN! CtH ist sehr wichtig, unter 95% ist schon fast nicht annehmbar als bowie :)

Decoy: 1 point. With +skills the decoy should live long enough.

Evade: 0/1 point *

valkyrie: 0/1 point *

Pierce: 1-x points. To get 100% pierce u can use items.

*Some people do not like the evade skills, because the amazon performs a x frames evade animation and u can not do anything in this time. it might be better to get hit and have the chance to run away with enough fhr. If u do not skill the evade skills u can not skill valkyrie - if u need it. Richtig! ich rate von d/a/e ab, wally bekommt man auch über stash oder diva amu!

bow skills

Magic Arrow: 30 points. Effective against physical/eledam immunes.

Fire Arrow: 0 points. I use the cold tree, because immolation arrow causes too much lag.

Cold Arrow: 30 points. Synergy to Ice and Freezing arrow

Multiple Shot: 1 point. We should get slvl 23 (24 arrows) with +skills. A higher slvl means only more mana needed per attack but not more arrows.

Exploding Arrow: 0 points. analog to fire arrow

Ice Arrow: 1 point. More points only increase the cold length of the Freezing Arrow. Maybe set some points here if u have the points left.

Guided Arrow: 1-x points. For Bosskilling

Strafe: 0 points. Good for style, but because of next hit delay, and because u can not move while shooting I recommend multiple shot.

Immolation arrow: 0 points

Freezing Arrow: 30 points. higher slvl = more damage.

Ok now there are a lot of points left. I would recommend setting them in penetrate and guiding arrow first, and later in critical strike maybe.

Soweit alles in ordnung! Penetrade schon vorher maxen, danach dann CS, am ende evtl GA (braucht man eher selten)

3. Equip

I need help here. But ok something i already know.

Rings + Amu: Diva Set

Armor: Tempered eth Dusk Shroud or Wire Fleece with 100+ ed. Rw Fortitude or coh in it. Fortitude means more damage, but coh has more ressis. Ed ist wayne, keine Ama bekommt sinnvoll genug def zusammen, lohnt sich einfach nicht.

Bow: Physical tempered Matriarchal Bow with rw Faith in it. The bow should have ed, ias and +ama/+bow skills on it. Kein Matri! GMb ist um welten besser, gerade mit faith!

Belt: Tempered Belt (type does not really matter, take something with not too much str req and 4 rows) with rw blood in it. The Belt should have some ressis/fhr/life on it.
 Bul Kathos Belt (2 skills, leech, ressi)

Helm: Circlet with +2 ama skills, ressis, leech etc. with rw blood in it.

Gloves: Tempered gloves for ias, travi gloves for leech, uber gloves for pierce (if u have them)

Boots: Travi Boots, especially in combination with gloves effective.

Arrows:
1. Rare Arrows with ed/ar other nice stats.
2. The new golden arrows. There are 3 levels of arrows. Barbed arrows for lowlvl. Arrows of Piercing for midlvl. Arrows ?? (dunno the name, but i know they are there).
 The Arrows of Piercing, and the higher arrows both have a piercing attack. I suppose it is at least 10%. Then u should get 100% pierce without razortail or ubergloves. Das ist falsch! nur bei razor wird (dank bug) das pierce addiert. Bei allen anderen items wirkt das pierce alternativ und nicht additiv. Außerdem finde ich rare deutlich besser als die uniques :)
 Furthermore the new unique arrows increase damage, have some ias and the elite version has 1 to bow skills.

Inventory:

bow skillers with good @s. like life/ressis usw.
Ogre King's Bowl: unique sc with dualleech.
ressi charms.
Bowskiller nur, wenn sie wirklich gute stats haben (also rares mit life/maxdmg/resis/etc), ansonsten lieber (rare) Maxdmg charms! die bringen ganz schön viel :)

4. Mercenary

Might Mercenary for more (physical) damage.
a5 defiance merc for more def.
a5 conviction merc for more colddamage and better chance to hit.

I would recommend conviction merc. Nahhh... Ne Bowie ist vor allem ein physischer Char, FA meistens nur zum immunitäten piercen bis der phyische schaden wirkt! Also bitte might merc und dem dann Pride geben!
Defiance merc ist absolut nutzlos, der bringt ner ama wirklich nichts :)

Equip:
Gloves/Boots: Travi
Rings/Amu: Diva
Weapon: Pride/Last Wish
Armor: Coh
Helm: Prowess in Battle/Bartucs Helm
Belt: Bul Kathos Belt/Blood.

Gibt sehr viele möglichkeiten den sölli auszurüsten. Als Waffe sollte pride rein um die ~280%ed mitzunehmen! Den rest dann halt um den sölder überlebensfähig zu machen und viele +skill um die macht aura zu stärken

Quite Short by now, but it should help players who want to start a bowazon. I'm looking forward to constructive criticism.

Sooo, kannst das ja mal überarbeiten und meine vorschläge bedenken :)

Netter Guide soweit! :)

Neme

Chaos Empire ist super: Viele nette Leute, mit denen ich ganze Nächte durchgezoggt habe; eine einmalige Community um eine geniale Mod!

Am Ende des ersten Tages der neuen Ladder 7.65

Meine geliebte Bowie aus 7.65!

Perfect eth. rare phy-tempered Great Matron Bow
RW "Broken Promise", death-oiled:
283 - 2156 Dmg!

countdracula

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 03:10:05 pm »
thanks for the suggestions. I try to use them.

Offline Shinlos

• my Votes: +104/-46
  • :D
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 05:48:56 pm »
Die Evade animation ist 8 Frames lang.

Als Bow Alternative könntest du Broken Promise mit reinnehmen.

Die letzten Unique Pfeile heißen Arrows of Slaying

@Neme: Hast du ne Quelle für die Sache mit dem Razor?
Mir ist nämlich bei meiner Java nicht aufgefallen, dass sie kein Maxpierce hat.
It all returns to nothing...

Der Spruch passt besser denn je...

Offline Nemesis183

• Poke This Member
    • That's me!
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 05:51:55 pm »
jo, so liest er sich schon echt gut :)

Zu dem thema Razor-pierce: In Lod war es halt so, dass es nur bei Razor addiert wurde und bei anderen items alternativ wirkte.
Ich geh mal davon aus, dass es hier genauso ist.
Pierce über items ist natürlich nie verkehrt und recht einfach und sinnvoll zu bekommen, daher ist 1 pkt in pierce mit den ganzen +skill doch meist ausreichend :)

Eventuell könnte man noch die item sektion ein bisschen ausführlicher gestalten, mit lowcost und highend euqipment, bzw einem groben leitfaden, was die ama braucht :)

Knut

edit: auch die animationen von dodge und avoid dauern 8 frames :)
und zur quelle: Ich bin halt schon seit 4 jahren im india forum und dort speziell im ama-camp... laufen dort genug gurus rum, die Amazonen und alles drumherum schon  durchgetestet haben :)
Das mit razor war ne recht lange diskussion und wurde nachher aber von unabhängigen quellen bestätigt. zum beispiel bei Koku wurde das pierce nicht addiert :)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 05:54:41 pm by Nemesis183 »
Chaos Empire ist super: Viele nette Leute, mit denen ich ganze Nächte durchgezoggt habe; eine einmalige Community um eine geniale Mod!

283 - 2156 Dmg!

Offline Shinlos

• my Votes: +104/-46
  • :D
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 05:58:30 pm »
Ich häng da auch schon oft genug rum aber das hab ich trotzdem noch nie gehört. Komischerweise. Sicher, dass das nicht nur früher so war?
Wieso wird sonst gesagt, dass man mit Buri nur einen Punkt Pierce braucht.
It all returns to nothing...

Der Spruch passt besser denn je...

Offline Nemesis183

• Poke This Member
    • That's me!
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 06:02:16 pm »
*gg* weil buri 100% pierce hat und da egal ist, obs alternativ oder additiv ist :p der eine punkt ist, weil man ja im zweiten slot meistens nen javelin trägt :)

koku hat 50, razor 33%... bei razor reichen 9 punkte in pierce um 100% zu bekommen, mit koku geht das nicht.

kannst ja mal in nem javathread fragen, warum razor besser sein soll als tgv, dafür wirste fast geköpft :)

Knut

283 - 2156 Dmg!

Offline Jaws

• my Votes: +43/-10
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 11:06:19 am »
frage betr pierce: woher will das ama camp wissen wie es mit den items von CE steht ?:)
na so schlimm können die dann ja nicht sein, wenn ihr die zeit habt die noch zu zählen

Am besten ununterbrochen 850 (bzw 855,bin grade nich sicher, wieviel xp max is) bücher der weisheit 'lesen' und dann ein fallen im blutmoor poc killen -> lvl 100

Besser gehts nicht (auf dem realm)!!! Sollte in unter 15min machbar sein, wenn

Offline Nemesis183

• Poke This Member
    • That's me!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 11:51:58 am »
das ama camp hat recht wenig mit CE zu tun, bis auf das einige der (ex-)stammuser dort jetzt CE spielen... hab das auch nie behauptet.

Normal ist es halt so, dass es IMMER alternativ berechnet wird (genauso wie CS und DS btw). Irgend einem schlauen menschen ist dann aufgefallen, dass seine kleine java bei lvl 35 (pierce durch +skill gerade auf 9) und razor wirklich immer gepierct hat, obwohl es eigentlich "nur" knapp 80% hätten sein dürfen!
Ein paar noch schlauere Leute haben das dann verifiziert und festgestellt, dass es weder bei anderen pierce-items noch bei selbst hergestellten gemoddeten items im SP der fall ist.

Bei CE-Items sollte es also genauso sein, dass das pierce normal funktioniert... woran genau es bei razor liegt wurde aber afair nicht herausgefunden...

LG,

Knut

283 - 2156 Dmg!

Offline Fenris

• Inactive Member
  • my Votes: +83/-46
  • Unlimited Pool of Wisdom
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.trojahn.de
  • BattleTag: CashfCookies#2501
  • CE-Net Account: fenris
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005, 12:53:47 pm »
um sicher zu gehen das ich das jetzt verstehe

bei razor wird pierce von durhcshclagen und pierce von razor zusammengerechnet

bei anderen items entweder pierce durhc durhcschlagen oder durhc item genutz

so hoffentlcih hab ich's wirklcih geschnickt^^
by chio:
Die Maßeinheit für spammen=1Fenris

Offline Phoenix

• my Votes: +51/-14
  • Der allwissende Wanderer
    • Poke This Member
    • Mein Einwohnerpost
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2005, 01:26:51 pm »
bei anderen items entweder pierce durhc durhcschlagen oder durhc item genutz
Fast richtig. Es wirkt wie bei CS und DS auch alternativ. Das bedeutet die Abfragen kommen nacheinander.
Beispiel: 66% Pierce vom Skill und 50% Pierce über Equip
Chance auf Durchschlagen = 66% + (100% - 66%)/100% * 50% = 66% + 16,5% = 82,5%
Wenn man die beiden Werte vertauscht kommt das gleiche raus.

Zum Guide:
War das Cap von Multi nicht bei 34 Pfeilen? Müsste also Skilllevel 33 statt 23 sein.

MfG Phoenix

Offline Nemesis183

• Poke This Member
    • That's me!
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2005, 01:28:53 pm »
jo, genauso ist es, nur dass der skill durchbohren heißt :) durchschlagen ist der Ar-Skill (Penetrade).
Es wird zuerst der skill getestet und nur wenn der nicht greift, wird logischerweise das pierce auf items getestet.

Kleines Rechenbeispiel:

Pierce lvl 9 = 68%

Mit Razor (33%): Wird addiert, also 0,68+0,33 = 1,01. Pierct zu 100%!

Mit einem anderen item mit 33%: Wirkt alternativ, also 0,68+(1-0,68)*0.33 = 0.79. Chance zu piercen ist nur 79%.

283 - 2156 Dmg!