Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: More Noob Questions  (Read 6154 times)

Offline LotusTopic starter

• my Votes: +5/-0
  • Realm: CCC Europe SC
    • Poke This Member
More Noob Questions
« on: July 03, 2005, 05:37:20 am »
Hey! im new to this whole CE thing, my friend said it was sweet and i should check it out, but im having lots of problem just getting going, he said something about maybe needed to update it before i started.

(so i dont know whats going on, i downloaded 755.exe installed it, works fine if its not activated but when i turn on the mod it says Warning: D2Launch.dll is corrupt and Warning : One or More Files have Been Modified Please Correct Changes or Reinstall CE Mod).

Im even having problems editing my CCC profile. (i click the edit button cant change any of my info ect. ect.)

If anyone can help me please feel free to post a reply or Email me at DeltaBlackLotus@aol.com

AIM: DeltaBlackLotus
YIM: LastBlackLotus
MSN: DeltaBlackLotus@aol.com
<3 Andria

Offline DrowElf

• my Votes: +75/-14
    • Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
  • CE-Net Account: drow-elf (HC-only)
Re: More Noob Questions
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 11:25:06 am »
ChaosEmpire will only work if your d2 and LoD installation is originally. The only change after installing from cd is to use the patch 1.10. You can use a image of your LoD cd to play.

I do not say that you have some other 3rd party programm (like a loader etc), but the errormessage sounds like this to me.

If you do not use something like that i will excuse me for my suspicion.

For a installationsdescription follow the link in my signatur called installationsissues. ;)

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 08:53:09 am »
I hadn't been using any 3rd party program like that.... but then again more then one person does use this computer =) i just got someone to send me a copy of there D2Launch.dll file (which was the same size as mine, and should be the same as mine, so it felt kind of silly) update from v755  and it worked just fine. Another annoying thing is having to dig out my D2 LoD disk =) i usually use an image file because my drive tends to make alot of noise/lag ect, that and so i dont scratch up my disk =)
<3 Andria

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 09:59:34 am »
image files do work... so if you have an original diablo 2 then you can create an image and use that... but loader and so on don't work

countdracula

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 04:53:00 pm »
maybe the image you have did/does only work with loader or crack.

Try making an image from your original lod disc (If u not already have)

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 03:12:39 am »
It is an image of my original lod disc...anyway, ive been using the disk and not having many problems with the drive, so thats not my major concern anymore.

My new major concern is ive been getting an error message a lot.

it is as follows.

Diablo II Exception : UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)

I'll get this message as often as every 5 mins, or maybe only once an hour or two, sometimes not at all, but recently, D2 will crash and ill get this error message, very annoying, i lose my enchant or items i had on the ground ect.

It seems to crash when i try to buy/sell potions ect or move my items around, or even try to look at the gear i have on, once i even left the room for a moment and came back, and it had frozen out of no where.  Ii have sometimes gotten this error before on LoD when i tryed switching my weapons really fast (for example i will use Call to arms and switch back to Heart of the Oak on my paladin).

Anyone know exactly what this error message is, and a way, if any, to prevent it from occuring? I've already lost quite a bit to this Error and it is preventing me from playing, it is Really Really Annoying.

Thx =)
<3 Andria

Offline XiaN

• my Votes: +12/-5
  • *hust*
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 03:50:50 am »
The c00000005 error seems to be the result of a conflict between your sound and/or graficcard driver. Try to update all your drivers to the newest versions and install the newest directx. Nobody directly knows what causes this error ... seems to be a curse of Diablo in the real world :P
mfg XiaN

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 05:00:20 am »
Thanks for your reply XiaN, Its most likely my graphics card (Pro-Savage DDR) its pretty old, and its not worth a thing if you ask me, on the otherhand i do have the latest driver for it, aswell as the newest directx, so i guess im stuck with it =\ I dont seem to have problems with this error in actual game play, its just when i try to go to a merchant to switch items around too quickly, i guess ill have to learn how to take my time or something.

If anyone else has anything to add on the subject of this c0000005 Error, if there is indeed anything to add, then please feel free as it is still an ongoing problem for me.
<3 Andria

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 08:14:19 am »
well the c00000005 error is the standard diablo II error message so it could be anything

if i had to guess i would say your installation isn't complete...

it is much work but if you reinstall your complete diablo II and lod and 1.10. and 7.55 and 7.59 this problem should be solved

if not i don't have any other ideas right now... perhaps it's the driver thing xian wrote about

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 01:19:35 am »
Alright, well thx Olfmo, Right now tho i cant find my install disk or my cinamatics disk lol found the old 1.0 play disk and the LoD disk tho, and both the Cases, still looking for the others, wish i didnt have so many CD's lol. It would be a pain to have to reinstall, but if it would fix this problem it would be well worth it.
<3 Andria

Offline hulivili

• my Votes: +4/-3
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 02:23:46 am »
for me worked it to upgrade installation, so that my cinematic thing was installed too... after that havent i get the problem

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 05:55:12 am »
http://chaosempire.info/cms/download.php?dir=Stuff/&name=empty_mpq.zip
there you will find empty mpqs so you can replace originals to save disk space if needed..but you surely loose the function...
on my laptop i use the fake video, cause i dont need the videos, but i know about d2 issues without videos from lod in window mode

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

• Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 05:19:00 am »
i already have the full install, so the movies are already on the harddrive... so odviously thats not my problem, thx anyway, and cool idea, those empty mpqs, didnt know those existed ^^
<3 Andria

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 07:30:28 am »
some user on indiablo.de have maked 2 of the package, the bigger zip is from me(i forgot to reduce the file limit, that the reason why they are bigger..)

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012