Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: More Noob Questions  (Read 6155 times)

Offline LotusTopic starter

• my Votes: +5/-0
  • Realm: CCC Europe SC
    • Poke This Member
Re: More Noob Questions
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 02:06:38 am »
Having yet another problem guys, a little help? another Exception and the game crashes, this time its not (c0000005) it is as follows :

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (c000001d)

This error occured when i was in my stash hovering over a charm, i was on my way to hover over my ebotd cb
(which i made using 37 gems, 34 oils, and 3 jawbones)

(it was rare and i crafted it with the jawbones, upgraded it with a mod doll, used a ghost doll on it, used perm oil on it, socketed it, made the word and then used a few more oils on it)

anyway, it has so many mods, the name, damage, and req dex isnt even shown on the screen.

im wondering if the item has something to do with it crashing, or if it was just something else. please enlighten me if you can! thx
<3 Andria

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 02:10:34 am »
that sometimes happens if there are too many stats on an item and you move your mouse cursor over it

i would suggest switching to english game language, but i assume you already use english version :P

the only known solution is not to move the cursor onto the item... if you want to put it on just take another item and switch them by just putting it over the cb in your inventar then put the cb in the weapon slot

it's a bit annoying doing that everytime but there's no other known solution as far as i know

• Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 02:15:05 am »
another quick note about my ebotd cb (ethreal breath of the dying colosus blade) My friend also has an ebotd cb, and his has less enhanced damage, (541% or so) and mine is 645%, but his sword does more damage, at least with wirlwind and concentrate, mine does more damage with normal attack.

what is wrong with my sword?

it has more enhanced damage, why does it do less damage with concentration and wirlwind?
it should do more shouldnt it?

took me alot of stuff to make, and it is rather upseting that it does less damage then another one with less enhanced damage on the same char.

is it possible that the mods are so many that the item is bugged out or messed up?
><

if anyone can offer any enlightenment on the subject, please let me know.

(and as for that last reply, i havent had problems with it crashing when i hover over the sword before, so i dont know if thats it or not, but i do know it does as much damage as it says it does for normal attacks, but not for some other skills, maybe it has something to do with the bonuses from the skills? im not sure, anyway, thx for the tip about item swapping, i hadnt thought about that before, it may come in handy, thank you.)
<3 Andria

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 02:27:10 am »
about the damage: the only thing i can think about now is that he has just a higher skill-level with whirlwind and concentrate^^

i never heard of an item that was bugged with the damage because of too much stats so i don't think that's the problem

and about your answer to my post: what do you mean by "before"?? before you put the runeword in?

• Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 02:33:08 am »
before as in, i have hovered over the item, as it is right now, with the runeword, after the oils, how it was and is now when it crashed, i have hovered over it "before" many many times, and it didnt crash, thats what i ment.

and as for having higher skill in WW and conc, i dont know what you mean but

he tryed my ebotd on, and he tryed his ebotd on and he does less damage with mine then his (with ww and conc but more damage with mine if its just a normal attack) , even though mine has more enhanced damage.

so it was the same barb using both the items, both were with 2 hands, so i know it wasnt that mine was in one hand and his was in two

because they were both in two.

so i dont know why mine does less damage, it has more enhanced damage % by over 100, and my char (a sorc) and his do more damage with it if its just a normal attack, but when he uses a skill, it goes down.

any idea whats wrong?
<3 Andria

countdracula

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2005, 11:14:37 am »
maybe other bonuses on the sword, like str bonus, skills usw ?

• Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2005, 01:28:09 pm »
word adds 30 str i think, sword already had +15, 45 total in any event, could +to str effect it ?

Normal Attack Damage seems to be fine, its just when skills are applied that the damage "reads" lower then with another sword of the same type without the extra 15 str and enhanced damage %.
<3 Andria

countdracula

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2005, 12:26:41 pm »
every point in strength means about 1% extra ed or so i think. So str could make a difference. Maybe (I'm not sure) the damage bonus you get from +str is amplified by the skill

• Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 02:39:45 am »
I have heard that str adds 1% ed per point for barbs, im not sure if this is universal and applies to all char classes or if its even true.

In any event i have a much more serious problem.

(here we go again)

I was in Hell with my level 92 nova sorc, helping some people do act 3 / 4. we beat Diablo and got to act 5, where upon my friend (a level 90s ww barb) decides hes going to try "the Seven" so he goes in, and declares that he is not dying, i take that as, it is safe, and head in, whereupon i die.

I die a few more times, and so does the assassin thats with us, they leave the game several times and try to thin there numbers, or get them to move away from my bodies so i can savage them for any lost exp, the assassin goes away from the keyboard for a moment and the barb leaves and doesnt come back, he says it wont let him join the game, and then black walls appeared, i couldnt teleport or talk to any NPCs, the game had frozen.

So i left, and upon leaving i get kicked off, it searches for the server, reconnects, i sign in again, click on my sorc, and i get kicked off again right away.

Tryed it again with the same effect, finally i got in, but when i tryed to make or join a game it always failed, i got on another char, and it worked just fine.

The odd thing is, i still had 3 corpses on my sorc and she had been naked, but on the char select screen she appears to be wearing items, even more odd, she is wearing differant items then the ones i had on when i had died.

My friend says just to wait and i should be able to get on my sorc again, but it has been quite a bit of time, and it is still kicking me off whenever i try to use her.

Anyone know what the problem is? or how to fix it, or if i should just wait it out?

thx bunches =)
<3 Andria

Offline ZenPdH

• my Votes: +55/-18
    • Poke This Member
    • http://chaosempire.info/forum/index.php/topic,4142.0.html
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 07:30:32 am »
Ur sorc is stuck in the game until the server (that imho crashes) restarts.
If u know the game and server number u where on as it happend, u can make a post in this thread:
http://chaosempire.info/forum/index.php/topic,1572.0.html

An admin (or whoever will/can make it) will restart the server and ur char should just work fine after the restart. So u can't do so much, except of letting the admin know and... wait :(
(But it is a little bit strange, that u could join in a game already and have had 3 corpses Oo Thats new to me ^^)

Hope u'll understand my horrible english -.-
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 07:45:46 am by Zen[PdH] »
It's just one of those days
Where you don't wanna wake up
Everything is f****d, everybody sucks.
You don't really know why
But you wanna justify rippin' someone's head off
No human contact
And if you interact your life is on contract
Your best bet is to stay away mo****f****r!
It's just one of those days!

Offline arcadians

• my Votes: +4/-4
  • Chaos core community
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2005, 08:21:22 am »
well deltas is seems u have a lot of problems..and in my time playing this mod and being on this forum ive seen lots of problems ...many my own :) i just w8 for the server to restart and lvl up another character of a spot of gambling...
but the problem with the 3 corpes..still wearing items ..and different items on you  beats them all...i wish i could help but cant if i see anything at all about it il let u know   but what i do know here is the reason u may have died in seven
More players in game- monsters harder    :) obviously
Barbarian -  built like a tank high defense  hight health  packs a punch
Sorc       -  twiggy...low defense usually  and not as high health as barb      any monsters such as the seven will have no problem sending their claws right throught the sorceres armour and skin coming right out the other end :) best bet to live in there is  8 player game with gd players  anyway what does mfg ( i think its that) mean>?
In all my travels i have seen neither a vision or heard a secret that will damn my soul and at over 400 years i believe my self to be the oldest living vampire        -interview with a vampire-

Somewhere south of nowwhere south of nothing
-location-

thanks for all the fish
-hitchikers guide to the galaxy-

even the smallest man can change the course of the future     -Lord of the Rings-

Offline ZenPdH

• Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2005, 08:25:51 am »
mfg (mit freundlichen grüßen) = wkr (with kind regards)
No human contact

• Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2005, 09:06:50 am »
ok, this is a post in which i am going to try to clear up some confusing about the "3 corpses" seeing how is people seem to be confused.

In the Seven (and yes i knew it was dangerous and i told the barb not to go but he did anyway, and i, under the impression it was safe, at least reletivly save, followed him in.) i died 3 times, this made 3 corpses, one of the corpses had  my items on it, a Troll nest, and a HOTO flail were visable at the time, my plus resistance items.

When the game froze and i left, and got kicked off, and signed back in, my sorc, (on the char select screen) looked as though she was wearing items, and not the items i had on when i had died, but other items i have, that i use in normal. 

I did not, and have no entered a new game with my sorc since then.

i hope that this clears up some confusion. and as for doing something else while waiting for the server to restart, well, i leveled my zon a bit, but i cant really gambling, having no other higher level chars, no other chars in nightmare even.

thank you everyone for your input tho.

=)
<3 Andria

Offline ZenPdH

• Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2005, 09:22:58 am »
The image in the charselectionscreen is from the last saved image of ur char.
So if u weared an orb and storm for example, left and saved the game, ur char will look like that in the charscreen.
If u entered the game that crashed, ur last status won't be saved untill server restarts.
Because of that u'll just see ur "old" items. But all ur items should still be at ur corpse, if u didn't put on ur 'second' gear which could be valued more gold, then u'll only get the higher value gear on ur corpse.
No human contact

• Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2005, 10:01:02 am »
thats very odd, i didnt know that you would only get the higher value gear back if more then one corpse had gear, very strange, but i only had one corpse with gear on it, the others were naked.

and as for the images, well, i can beleive that. when i loged on my char at the begining of the  day, she looked as she does now, though i had changed the items in the game before it froze up on me. It is understandable that the game did not save the differant image, if my char is indeed still in the game....
<3 Andria