AuthorTopic: bow barb  (Read 5843 times)

Offline bungle02Topic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • CCC Europe sc
    • Poke This Member
bow barb
« on: August 06, 2005, 07:51:03 pm »
why does the barb have a bow mastery if he can't use any of his skills with a bow. I could be wrong because I have only tried this single player butnone of the skills worked with a bow for me.

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
Re: bow barb
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 07:52:45 pm »
try attack skill, this will work, also strafe from a set and so on

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

• CCC Europe sc
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 08:02:14 pm »
hmm ok i guess but why would you use it if you can't take advantage of the barb skills like concentrate or berserk with a bow. I made a bowzon last ladder  got to lvl 94 I think had a couple ubers and really good gear and with strafe maxed and other skills and hell difficulty was still not too easy. I would bet with strafe as a granted skill at lvl 5 even it would be terribly weak and to be able to hit anything with it you would have to build you char dex based which would make the barb weak with other weapons. Just my opinion I think a bow barb would be cool but only if he could take advantage of his skills with  a bow. Also off the subject but is the assasin the same way with a crossbow. I have always thought a bow assasin would be fun but only if he could use tiger strike, cobra strike and phoenix strike with it.

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 08:06:36 pm »
believe me, a sorc with 2hand maystery will be much harder..

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

• CCC Europe sc
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 08:12:19 pm »
I agree but the way it is right now in my opinion the only new mastery worth using is the sceptor mastery for the pali. Again this is just my opion and don't get me wrong I love this mod and new content is always good. I just wanted to give my opinion from a players point of view.

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 08:32:31 pm »
In My Opinoin:

if the Barb has run out of arrows, and has hostile targets in sight, he should be able to Bash or Berserk with the bow...

...that's just the way Barb's are...

I suppose the bow will lose durability rapidly, but that's the Bow's problem.

How much damage a bow does without arrows is another question.

Likewise, arrows in the hands of a Barbarian without a bow get inserted manually.  ROOOOOH!

• CCC Europe sc
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 08:37:27 pm »
you could simply make the bow indestructable like you would od with any other weapon. Shapeshifters canuse bows  with their skills in this same manner so why not barbs and assasins. I don't even think that this is hardcoded so would be fairly easy to allow skills to be used with a bow.

Offline Shinlos

• my Votes: +104/-46
  • :D
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 08:43:08 pm »
He can take advantage of Skill granted by Items, like Strafe.
The damage and AR is pushed by the Mastery.
Maybe u can do a Cry Hybrid or something.
I think there will be a playable solution for sure.

Btw: webwalker Ur comments made me lol hard ; )
It all returns to nothing...

Der Spruch passt besser denn je...

Offline arcadians

• my Votes: +4/-4
  • Chaos core community
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 10:15:33 pm »
@bungle02         the amazon has spear mastery which is gd if u put points into dogde   critical strike etc
and the necro :)  dagger mastery     makes the dagger  with poison dagger usefull    just my opion but the pala is not the only char with a  usefull     mastery
In all my travels i have seen neither a vision or heard a secret that will damn my soul and at over 400 years i believe my self to be the oldest living vampire        -interview with a vampire-

Somewhere south of nowwhere south of nothing
-location-

thanks for all the fish
-hitchikers guide to the galaxy-

even the smallest man can change the course of the future     -Lord of the Rings-

• CCC Europe sc
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 12:26:56 am »
Yeah after I made that post I thought  about it more and agree spear could be ok but attack is so slow with a spear. but it might be usefull to some. As for the dagger for a necro lol can you actually see a melee necro running around with a dagger as his main weapon, I can't. dagger mastery won't improve poison dagger except for the ar boost phys damage won't make a difference. So why waste points into it when your poison dagger damage will be unchanged and you surely don't want to go marching into battle with any dagger on a necro and expect to slay them all. I think necros could have used poison mastery and that would have made psn necros viable in hell.

Offline Aleksa

• my Votes: +3/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2005, 10:25:17 am »
First @ topic: I dont think it´s not all about the playability (does this word extist?) of a bow-barb... just think about the style... i will create a bow-barb after my crossbow-assa, hurrican-arma-fury-wolf, polearm-necro (gnahahaaa walking death ^_^ ) and the second version of my melee-amazon, just for seeing this kinda fat (Yes the barb is fat!) guy with his little bow shooting onto monsters next to a bu-sorc and psi-assassin and i will win... the style-contest! It is right that you can not use the other barb-spells very effective but in 7.60 there are many possibilities to strengthen those new playable chars, e.g. the new "sting" onto you 2.slot for enchant, dead-hc-doll for poison or cadaver-explosion at 2.slot with this unique polearm (dunno its name) or just put a huuuuge weapon at the 2.slot and run amok. Nvm you won´t be as good as a mainstream-character but you will be good at all and that is what it is all about... a playable fun-character :)

The new barb-mastery in fact is the weakest of the new skills. Paladin will be very good with his Mastery, the sorc will become tri-elemental very easily with a good archon-staff with enchant + cl + fo, the melee-amazon will be have great damage!! on both physical and lightning (i calculated ~0,2mill. max light-dmg if all cb´s will hit + a huge load of phy-dmg with the new spear-runeword which has +3ama/425%ed, +20%light/-20%light, 10%DL, 20%DS and tons of other stuff), druide is like paladin and with the ability to cast hurrican and cyclone armor while shape-form he will be very very good and the necro-mastery will be very very very useful in the early game because now you can finaly LEECH with a dagger cuz of the mass-damage and AR (and cs ^_^ ) and the fact that you can cast psn-dagger onto a polearm made my prayers become true! Just find the polearm-mastery-doll + psn-dagger and you will be the walking death! I can not await to start off with this brand-new-character ^_^

Last but not least, the cross-bow-mastery of the assassin! The best of the new masteries ^_^ !!!
Look at this crossbow:
Doubleshot Machine
Pellet Bow
Required Level: 55
1 - 3 to Multiple Shot
100% to pierce (missiles only)
150% - 250% Enhanced Damage
Socked (2 - 3)
40 - 80 to Minimum & Maximum Damage

And think about the mastery + venom and you still have enough skill-points to max out shadow-master and all the light traps. You will do Phy/Psn/Light/Fire-Damage and very much of all of them and think about Multi-Shot and a shot-frequency of 11fps (2.2 attacks per minute) with BoS level10 and 24% ias... that´s less than nothing! So you also have enough item-room for using +skills, resi and defense-things. (Dont forget CoS so you can hit everything)

Phew, that´s it. :P

Have a nice day  ^_^

Offline nukedood

• my Votes: +1/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
    • info
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 10:44:26 am »
" (i calculated ~0,2mill. max light-dmg if all cb´s will hit + a huge load of phy-dmg with the new spear-runeword which has +3ama/425%ed, +20%light/-20%light, 10%DL, 20%DS and tons of other stuff), "

What is cb's and what is the new spear-runeword? I don't see it on the official list.
Oh, and can you elaborate on this melee amazon? It sounds quite interesting :D

Offline ZenPdH

• my Votes: +55/-18
    • Poke This Member
    • http://chaosempire.info/forum/index.php/topic,4142.0.html
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2005, 11:26:24 am »
cb will be 'combo Blitze' (charged bolts) in this case, which came from the skill charged strike.

But in most other 'guides' cb will be crushing blow.
It's just one of those days
Where you don't wanna wake up
Everything is f****d, everybody sucks.
You don't really know why
But you wanna justify rippin' someone's head off
No human contact
And if you interact your life is on contract
Your best bet is to stay away mo****f****r!
It's just one of those days!

Offline Aleksa

• my Votes: +3/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2005, 11:46:06 am »
Here is the amazing runeword:
Tradition
Runes: Sur + Lo + Ohm + Gul + Ist
3 to Amazon Skills
325% - 400% Enhanced Damage (375% - 450%)
10% life stolen
10% mana stolen
50% Faster Attack Speed
Reduces monsters lightning resistance by 25%
Adds 25% to Lightning-Damage
Chance to Blind Target
20% to deadly strike
50% Enhanced Damage
20% to Attack Rating
30% Chance to find magic items

And still it is not clear whether you can you use 2 Masteries for melee amaspears cuz there is the new ama-mastery and also spear-mastery as an barbarian-oskill with a broodwar-client-doll. If those 2 work in addition the physical damage will be very very high. Last ladder i build an warpike which got 800-2600base-damage but it was an other runeword. I think ~3000max-base-damage is possible and dont forget that the ama-spear also can have +2ama +3java +3ChS and the runeword gives +25%lightdamage/-25%lightresi of enemy... i get very cruel ideas ^_^

There is just the problem of life/resi/defense but with a good use of decoy and wally there won´t be a problem with that. (and do not use dodge/avoid/evade it will make the melee-ama too slow for killing anything, believe me!)

Bye bye,
Aleksa

Offline arcadians

• my Votes: +4/-4
  • Chaos core community
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2005, 03:04:48 pm »
Well im making a spear amazon just now as it happens :)   gonna use fend as my main attack to hit multiple targets  and max dogde avoid ect to work as my shield  plus my valkeria willl benifit from synergies :)   whats the lvl for tradition?
In all my travels i have seen neither a vision or heard a secret that will damn my soul and at over 400 years i believe my self to be the oldest living vampire        -interview with a vampire-

Somewhere south of nowwhere south of nothing
-location-

thanks for all the fish
-hitchikers guide to the galaxy-

even the smallest man can change the course of the future     -Lord of the Rings-