AuthorTopic: What's this about cheating?  (Read 1950 times)

Offline seibzahnTopic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
    • Poke This Member
    • http://ce.grimms.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4103
What's this about cheating?
« on: March 08, 2005, 05:00:40 pm »
After playing for awhile today, I got a connection lost...rejoined the game I was
just in, and then saw a green text announcement that *my character name*@*my account name* was suspected of using an as of yet unknown cheat! What is this about? I honestly have no idea how anything I've done could be called cheating. (I don't use maphack, don't have any other 3rd party cheat programs and have never tried to alter the game in any way, shape or form).
I want to know what this announcement means.

Offline ThePaPsT

• my Votes: +20/-13
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 05:11:59 pm »
this occurs when the game a lit bit laggy and you try to dropp an items or insert an item in to your closed cube. So dont worry about this message. u are not the only one who gets this message even u are not cheating at all.

Offline DrowElf

• my Votes: +75/-14
    • Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
  • CE-Net Account: drow-elf (HC-only)
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 05:12:35 pm »
It is possible that this announcement will come when you have a lag and try to set points to your stats or skills or set the points very fast. Although it could happen when you sell during a lag.

The server can´t verify these process sometimes fast enough and "think" that you try to cheat.

If you are sure that you don´t do something forbidden and it not comes every time you play you can ignore this message. If it comes sometimes check your ping (/fps command in game) and look if this is the problem.

Bad pings can occur sometimes. It is possible that this problem comes from your internet connection or from the server internet connection, too. If you ask some other people in the game and they have a bad ping, too. Then it is a shorttime serverproblem, i think.

€: to slow  
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 05:13:05 pm by drow-elf »

Offline seibzahnTopic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
    • Poke This Member
    • http://ce.grimms.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4103
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 05:15:58 pm »
Okay. I did recieve that disconnect while attempting to cube a doll.
It's a relief to know it's just a minor server thing, I thought something serious might have happened.