AuthorTopic: Help Needed to stop cheating.  (Read 3058 times)

__NARAYAN_

Help Needed to stop cheating.
« on: June 02, 2005, 06:42:42 pm »
Thx for those who will help me.

I am in a place where high speed internet is not available(except me).I am a administrator of a group who wants to play multiplayer games.Cheating is completely banned here.But from few days I observed that people who are playing CE are getting much powerful status which is almost impossible.Yesterday I found one with having 20 LVL char having more than 8000 health.I spoted him and asked him to explain it.He said that he had created backup copies of status bottles and get this.I deleted all of his chars and banned him playing CE in our lan.

Is there anyway to stop this because I don't think it will stop here.What I believe is anticheat system will stop players from doing this,but ..... 

Just tell me the way to stop this kind of problem.I am unable to stop making backup copies ,since they are telling that what they will do if char will be corrupted.I am not a nice player of diablo ,so please help me.

Offline Shinlos

• my Votes: +104/-46
  • :D
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help Needed to stop cheating.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 06:48:02 pm »
The Anti Cheat System Only works for cheats like Maphack, which work on realm.
You can't prevent someone from making Backups of his saves.
It all returns to nothing...

Der Spruch passt besser denn je...

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 06:58:20 pm »
Also you make local lan games via tcp/ip fnction of the game and not via the clsoed realm gateways...

so you have to live with a fact, every d1 player also knows...char backup/restore...

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

__NARAYAN_

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 08:34:31 pm »
This is because everybody is not getting the same status/skill bottles as quest reward.So it is very hard to stop this.But if this will be continue after few days nobody will want to playit.

I mean if they can make a copy of item and wear it,they will not be able to fight since they don't know how to fight.If they will get soo.. many of status/skill bottles ,they never want to learn the game.They will always want only bottles to fight.Is there a way to check the purity of a character.

countdracula

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 08:53:49 pm »
u can count the number of status points the char has. Then u know whether he used bottles (like odgens usw.) or not.

u can not control whether he used only the bottles he found or whether he duped them with backups. u may only guess if he exaggerates it and takes hundrets of bottles.

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 08:56:34 pm »
If you runa a server like Chaos Energy does, so all characters are stored on a hard drive YOU CONTROL, making a miniature battle.net as is done here, then you can put a hard crimp in the cheating level.

countdracula

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 08:57:49 pm »
but this is not that easy - is it ?

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 09:01:02 pm »
the server software is easy...but you dont have the server version of ce :P

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

__NARAYAN_

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 09:09:21 pm »
Can you give me a solution to disable these bottles.I can force everyone to make a new char here.
I am using 3 servers ,so one can be used for CE also if I know the way to do it.

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 05:41:40 pm »
You'll need to disable 6 bottles.  There is 1 giving +1 skill, 1 giving +8 stat points, and a +1 stat point bottle for each of str, dex, vit, and energy.

There may be anti-dupe guards built in so that you must find 25 oils before making a moderator doll, but if those 25 oils are on a floppy backup disk, then when the moderator doll is made, the backup can bring in those 25 oils again, and *poof* we have an infinite supply of moderator dolls.  Ditto with the Ghost and Suicide Minion dolls. Ditto with the PGems and Rare Jewels to make Unique and Set items.

Once a disk with 3 of each body part used for tempering is made, any and all items that can be tempered are now 'as good as tempered'.

There is an infinite supply of runes as soon as one heart is found.

Fundamentally, if the cheaters have the controlling data in hand, the cheating has happened. Think about the
-act5 switch...  Think about Open BNet (kids at home playing with their characters and editing their characters at home then bringing them back to your "realm".

mariomario1984

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2005, 08:17:28 am »
ok well i know this is kinda aginst the topiv but..i only play offline right now..the computer with ce saved on is not internet backed up...but as i read through this i kinda like the idea for playing around with char builds...so two dupe all u do is pretty much copy and paste a file and it dupes it...but if u wanted to stop cheating...couldnt u put a block on char stat numbers...like on diablo 1 the warrior had a lower magic cap then the sorc did...so isnt it possible on the next version of ce to mabye put a stat cap on each char...that would possibly help stop the cheating alittle bit....