Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: Where are the best places to find things?  (Read 1998 times)

Offline TurkeyDogTopic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
Where are the best places to find things?
« on: May 04, 2006, 02:39:12 pm »
I started playing Chaos Empire with the ladder reset (7.66), after mostly taking off for a month or two...  Don't think I played much at all on 7.65, and I built up my last character mostly on 7.64.   

When I built my last character up, I was aware of a few places that were good for finding some particular things....   For example, killing the Diablo Clone under the Arreat Plateau or Frigid Highlands was often good for finding one or two 'drinks', either +1 to stat drinks or sometimes Farnham's or Ogden's potions.   In the last few days I've done about 10-20 Diablo Clone 'runs', and I haven't found a single potion, so I guess that has changed....  But I have found two 'ubers', a +2 Stone of Energy and a +5 Diadem.   In what was probably hundreds of Diablo Clone runs on 7.64, I found lots of drinks, but never found a single 'Uber'.   Have the odds for find 'ubers' with DClone gone up, or have I just hit a streak of particularly good luck?

Also, I know that the 'Nasty Places' under the Dungeon levels 9-12 used to be great places for finding Soulstones and the Uber rings/amulets.   I heard that this was toned down a bit, but are these levels still good places to find these items?  It takes so long to get down to these levels that I hate to spend hours getting there if the odds of finding the Soulstones are the same there as anywhere else. 

And lastly, are there any other places that are particularly good for finding stuff?   Has the 'drink' drop moved from the Diablo Clone to somewhere else, or has it been eliminated completely?

I suppose this topic has been discussed in the forums, but my only experience with the German language is one semester of 'self-paced' German back when I was in college, and that was around 20 years ago.  I have a hard time pulling anything more than a word or two out of most posts.

All advice will be appreciated.

Offline Fenris

• Inactive Member
  • my Votes: +83/-46
  • Unlimited Pool of Wisdom
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.trojahn.de
  • BattleTag: CashfCookies#2501
  • CE-Net Account: fenris
Re: Where are the best places to find things?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 03:09:47 pm »
the only thing i know is that there're more drink drops from chests(like the one in town, or the chests in catacombs lvl4)

i hope that will help you a bit
by chio:
Die Maßeinheit für spammen=1Fenris

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
Re: Where are the best places to find things?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 04:01:56 am »
The best things I find are either egg-cracking for special potions, and
gifts from others.
After that it's from gammbling.