AuthorTopic: Suggestions?  (Read 7510 times)

Offline MrBad151Topic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
    • Poke This Member
Suggestions?
« on: November 23, 2005, 02:55:21 am »
I've just completed the Bloodraven's Legacy set and put 5 sockets into the bow.  One of the sockets I put the rune for "ignore targets defense".  Does anyone have any suggestions for other runes I should put into the bow?  I was thinking maybe a "blinds target".  Otherwise I think I'm going to stick rare jewels into the sockets.  What about a Zod for poison damage???
"As the radius of knowledge increases, so does the circumference of my ignorance"

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
Re: Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 07:58:35 am »
it depends on how your skills are distributed

if you go for ele dmg you may consider zod runes, but there's an old d2 bug who crashes the game if you put the cursor over an item with too much stats (which may happen with zods^^)

perhaps ber runes for cb although it doesn't work as well with bows...

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 01:53:18 pm »
Thought: focus on physical damage only.  In your bow, put Ohm runes, 5 of them, this adds 250%ED total.  Whether you use strafe or multi-shot, this will clear the screen leaving only the PIs.

When you deal with the left-overs, which are all PI, switch to cold arrow or fire arrow, which, at your level, should convert 50% of your 24K damage to cold/fire damage respectively.  Magic Arrow, at your level, should convert 30% of your 24K damage to magic damage. Optimize your merc for Lightning/Poison damage for the once-in-a-blue-moon PI/FI/CI/MI. If your merc has an Infinity pole-arm, the Conviction both enhances the elemental damage for the PIs, and drops target defense (taking the place of the Jah rune).

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 04:43:29 pm »
I use straff, I found it has better flexibility than multi arrow.  Straff is nasty vs a single creature where as multi arrow is just a waste.  I've never been killed by straff lock (although almost many times), although I do have to be careful.  Bloodravens legacy give +2000 fire damage so straight PI's really aren't a problem.. 2000 X 25 arrows=dead critter!  Immolation arrow is lvl 70, magic arrow is mid 60's.

Could I get better ED from rare jewels than Ohm runes?
Is Crushing blow still 1/10 current hps for bows?
What about open wounds?  I read some place that its no longer dependant on Character lvl..  so what kinda damage does it do now?

Oh!  I think the crash bug has been fixed when an item shows too many abilities.  Now It just doesn't show anything.  I've already run into that problem.

For Chaos:

Suggestion for Bloodravens Legeacy...  Change lvl 50 meteor when you die to..  lvl 50 Fists of heaven. It makes far more sence since its fists of heaven that goes off then you kill bloodraven  ;D
Also it would have much more bloodraven feel if you changed +40 fire golem to.. revive slain as zombie 10% or something along that line
"As the radius of knowledge increases, so does the circumference of my ignorance"

Offline webwalker

• Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 07:01:34 pm »
I use strafe, I found it has better flexibility than multi arrow. Strafe is nasty vs a single creature. I've never been killed by strafe lock (although almost many times), although I do have to be careful. Bloodravens legacy give +2000 fire damage so straight PI's really aren't a problem.. 2000 X 25 arrows=dead critter!

Note: there is a delay, when you hit anything with strafe, that until 4 frames pass that critter won't be hit with strafe again. "NextDelay".  If your frame-rate is 2 (and it should be) it takes 2 seconds to unleash all 25 arrows, and 8 of them (max) can hit the same target (every third arrow).  So you have 2000x8=16000 fire damage, which is still reason to reach for the burn ointment.

Immolation arrow is lvl 70, magic arrow is mid 60's.

Could I get better ED from rare jewels than Ohm runes?

Jewels top out at 40%ED, Ohm is 50%, so "which is better" depends on the second mod on the jewel, which could be +15 to minimum damage.  This jewel would be superior to straight Ohm.
Remember also your rings can be socketed to hold a gem, jewel, or rune, the effect is the same as in a weapon, so 2 more Ohm can go there, or Um, Nef, Cham, etc.

Is Crushing blow still 1/10 current hps for bows?
What about open wounds? I read some place that its no longer dependant on Character lvl.. so what kinda damage does it do now?
I believe Ranged Weapons and mercs do 1/16 damage by C.B., only player melee does 1/8 damage, but 1/16 of life 8 times in 2 seconds is 31.29% of original life remaining.  Getting 100%CB is not easy, but do-able.  DIVA set with Ber in the rings is about 70%-80%CB right there.

Suggestion for Bloodravens Legeacy... Change lvl 50 meteor when you die to.. lvl 50 Fists of heaven. It makes far more sense since its fists of heaven that goes off then you kill bloodraven ;D
Also it would have much more bloodraven feel if you changed +40 fire golem to.. revive slain as zombie 10% or something along that line

Since I play HC, the % chance on death is, well... pointless.  Especially since Merc death doesn't trigger it.
%chance to cast on attack or hit would be better... Static field would be perfect.  Fire Golems are wonderrful... give one to BloodRaven, and a dozen to Diablo.

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 08:01:03 pm »
Next hit delay.

I looked into files and found the following ranged attackss with a next hit delay
- nova
- chainlightning
- teeth
- poison nova
- frostnova-
- diablo lightning
- diablo fire
- cold unique (all missiles btw)
- nova1 and 2
- multiple shotarrow/bolt
- strafearrow/bolt (same delay as ms)
- battle cry
- lightningstrike
fistofheavensbolt
- warcry (6 frames, mostly the others 4 or less)
- battlecommand
- battle orders
- grimwardscare
- chainlightning2
- shock field on ground (25 frames!!!)
- blade creeper (25)
- eruption crack1+2
- twister(25)
- tornado (25)
- volcano (10)
volcano small fire
dragonbreeath missile
death mauler
shockwave
wake of destruction
lighning charge up nova
chainlightningcharge up
baal taunt lightning (trail)
baal inferno
baal nova
clawsof thunder bolt/nova
royalstrikechainlightning/chaosice
baal cold maker/trail
lightningtowernova
vipe firecloud
trap nova
mephfrostnova

thats the names from the file..but as you can see, there are some missiles, i can decrease, to make it harder, or easier...
probably i should remove the delay from dia lightning...

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

Offline webwalker

• Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 09:23:41 pm »
These fall into 4 categories:
1: Main Monster attacks (drop NHD, the act bosses are too weak anymore)
2: Weak player attacks (NHD could go away)
3: Attacks I don't recognize (can anybody explain please?)
4: Monster attacks that need attention.
Others deleted are "ok as is" to me.
I looked into files and found the following ranged attackss with a next hit delay
2: - nova
2: - teeth
2: - frostnova
1: - diablo lightning
1: - diablo fire
3: - cold unique (all missiles btw) (Frozen Horror breath? if so 1:)
3: - nova1 and 2
3: - lightningstrike (if this is the assassin MA skill, I plead ignorance)
3: - chainlightning2 (ditto)
2: - shock field on ground (25 frames!!!)
3: - blade creeper (25)
3: - eruption crack1+2
2: - twister(25)
2: - volcano (10)
3: - volcano small fire
3: - dragonbreath missile
4: death mauler DANGER This is a multi-frame physical attack, equivalent to monster strafe on 1 target.  DANGEROUS if monster is Enchanted in any way without NHD.
1: baal taunt lightning (trail)  PLEASE increase the casting delay.  The damage is not a problem, but not being able to tie your shoes or arrange inventory without getting smacked *is*.  Ditto poison tanuts.
1: baal inferno
1: baal nova
3: baal cold maker/trail
1: lightningtowernova
4: viper firecloud  DANGER Same problem as Death Mauler, if you *stand* in the cloud you take 1 damage, if you *move through it* you take damage/frame, this is both elemental (poison) *and* physical (report taken from b.net players for 1.10/1.11) and is as deadly as I.M.
1: trap nova (should go off twice in NM, multiple times in Hell).
3: mephfrostnova (Meph has a Bowling Ball of Frozen Death, but not a Nova.  Izual does, which is category 1.  Meph should use Frozen Orb.)

probably i should remove the delay from diablo lightning...
Agreed.  Diablo Itself used to fill me with fear, now it fears me.  The Main Boss Atatcks should loose NHD unless that means the Iron Wolves could use them in full-auto-fire (which wonders if NHD is part of Casting Delay for AI entities).

Offline Fayli

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 12:31:00 am »
Cham is always good.. freezes target.. nef, for knockback is a good bowzon add.. ohm is always good, for more damage.. the zod in this version rocks in weapons. but this is just one man's humble opinion :)
Beware the dragon.. for thou art crunchy, and taste good with steak sauce.

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 12:52:32 am »
"I believe Ranged Weapons and mercs do 1/16 damage by C.B., only player melee does 1/8 damage, but 1/16 of life 8 times in 2 seconds is 31.29% of original life remaining.  Getting 100%CB is not easy, but do-able.  DIVA set with Ber in the rings is about 70%-80%CB right there."

Actually getting 100% on CB isn't that hard at all, up till I completed the bloodravens set I was using a shattering Breastplate, which gives Deadly strike/crushing blow percent equal to the character lvl.  So for my 92 bowazon it was 92% DS/CB!  With a nice GMB tempered etc.. it was a pretty decent combo.

I was a bit confused by your fire golem comment..  I'm guessing it was sarcasim  ;D  If you play HC than I would think you would like the idea of revive dead as zombie..  one it gets rid of corpses and two it give critters something else to attack besides you!  At the moment I can't even cast fire golem because it costs about 100 more mana than I have.  A lvl 50 fire golem is expensive to cast for an Amazon.  There is a "on hit" attack on the bow.. 5/10% chance to cast lvl 30 fists of fire.  Again this is rather lame, as its neither visually impressive or impressive damage wise.  I can't even tell if it ever goes off.  Now if it was a lvl 3 fist of fire it would acceptable, since you could see it go off and would leave fire behind to do damage.. but as is, it could use tweeking.

I'm not after making the bloodraven set any more uber than it is.. I prefer items to have some.." flavor".. that's why I usually prefer uniques.. that seem to have more "flavor" than more uber rares..

Offline webwalker

• Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 01:43:02 am »
Fire Golems are neat!  I like them!  For monsters (like Blood Raven) to have one (a suggestion to Chaos to consider) would make Blood Raven herself nastier by far, so I suggested giving her one.  Giving Diablo 10 of them would help balance the sad fact that The Big Lizard is a bit of a push-over anymore.

Not got enough Mana?  Charms that increase Mana are not hard to find, and Zods in your armor will help this (10% more life, 5% more mana)

I've used weapons that give Revived from Kills and they're pitiful.  Not equal to skeletal mages, and *they're* pitiful. So I'd rather have a high-level Fire Golem, esp if I can have +1 to Golem Mastery and +1 to summon resists.  Even more, I'd like a high-level clay golem.  Giving Diablo a 4/8/12 level 20/40/60 clay golems in norm/nm/hell would *suck*!  *Big Time*!  (hit slows target which is *me*, and they're a damage sponge!)

Getting rid of corpses by some (small) percentage turning into Returned or Zombies is lame... the larger percentage is still available for Corpse Explosion or the Shamen, and the combat value is nil.  Yes, they're distractions, and I've benefitted from that, but it's a minor thing IMHO.

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 03:43:11 pm »
I finially got enough mana to cast Fire Golem with the bloodraven set, a lvl 52 fire golem no less.. and he lasted a whole 30 seconds!!!  So I cast him again and he lasted 2 seconds..

A lvl 53 fire golem with no synergies, no golem mastery, and no resist all just don't stand a chance in "hell" lvl.

Its the same thing with Tribute to chaos set and the lvl 40 Iron Golem.  If I'm lucky the golem will last a minute or two, most of the time he lasts about 30 seconds.  I've tried summoning an Iron golem from all kinds of things, items with life leech, armor with damage reduction, armor with resists.

While the golems look good on paper, in practice they are far too weak to use.  It would be better to change these to something else, or even just remove them so they don't over load the item window causing it to blank out.

If I may, I'd suggest changing the bloodraven set to revive slain as returned (zombie), and the tribute to Chaos set to 10% chance to "convert" (as pally skill) upon striking.

It could be I'm doing something wrong with these golems, if anyone has actually used one of these sets and does NOT have a hard time keeping their golem alive, please, let me know.

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 03:55:06 pm »
good sugestion

could you please add a list to the item thread with current item with senseless (golem...) and enter the suggestion with revive slain...

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

Offline bdpf

• Old Gummy. i'm slower now. Stories can be told.
  • my Votes: +6/-0
  • Donated. Did you? (:^:) Need more coin, thou :(
    • Poke This Member
  • CE-Net Account: bdpf
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 04:51:32 pm »
@CE

I have noticed of late thet the drop rate of jewls - blue a few

RARE NONE   :s513:

In the the last ten or so SP games I have run. Both in normal and Let's Rock.

A quick question; Do you put +8 or x8  after the start command to start a SP game with the exprenc of eight players???

thks

bdpf
.\\||||||//.
:) +  + ;)   Don't Bite now, Lost my teeth
      /\         So now I tell rambling stories!
  / === \      Grumpy, I is
 ! /|||||\ !      Older than dirt, Piped God
 /||||||||\  aboard this here Sky boat called Earth.
          Roll my own cigarettes, strong tobacco
        Drink anything that don't kill me.
   Cleaned my musket, sharpened the blades
Long Bow is strong,  arrows heads sharp, start running
Wannabe wordsmith, stories fabricated.
Don't call me late for lunch

• Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 05:09:56 pm »
Item thread?  Would this be the thread you are refering to? "     Re: Wuensche und Ideen Thread Keine Items"

The drop rate on Jewels isn't too bad, but rare jewels is very low.  I doubt I get one rare jewel per hour of play.  I'd say the drop rate of rare jewels is about the same as rare charms, pretty low, but considering how useful they are, it seems about right.

Act III is usually a good spot for jewels and charms.. you kill so many monsters something decent is going to drop sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 05:14:30 pm by MrBad151 »

Offline webwalker

• Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 05:37:48 pm »
No, that thread title "Wuensche und Ideen Thread Keine Items" translates to
Wishes and Ideas Not Items.
An Item thread... I gotta go look for it.

In answer to Chaos: +1 Golem Mastery +1 Summon Resists would help Mr. Fire Golem some, so would reducing his mana cost.  MrBad151 has it right: no single skill has a chance in hell (cgs) without its synergies.  Many killer skills were weakened because overwhelming strength was easy for players.  E.g. corpse explosion and raise skelly.  To balance killer skills, monsters are tough enough that the level 20 poison nova of Breath Of The Dying (50% chance on killing enemy) is rather weak.  For the BloodRaven set, I believe Blood Golem boosts the life of other golems, so +5 to blood golem would help the fire golem significantly.  BloodRaven could have BloodGolem instead of Fire, it would fit her name better; it's job would be to act as a life leach for the zon with the BloodRaven set. 

Whatever items gives a chance to revive as (whatever) should give +1 skeletal mastery to boost the life of the revive, and ghosts would be better than zombies because we have to be quick-footed  (zombies fall behind and 'evaporate' very quickly).

To MrBad151: the rare jewel drop rate is about equal to the rare charm drop rate: Each rare charm (unless it's *really* good) turns a blue jewel into a yellow jewel.
Farming for rare charms does not require a high level area, re-running act III normal is a decent way to hunt up rare charms.  Also, inner cloister.  Cubing a high-level blue jewel by a high-level char will overcome the low level of the rare charm if you're looking for rare jewels for their affixes (and rare jewels I use mostly to create set items).

@bdpf to get the game to /players 8 is impossible.  The game starts at /players 13 (12 + you) and can get tougher to /players 20 (12 + 8 people including you).  Easy to do from inside the game before you leave camp/town.