Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: A few questions here form a veteran player  (Read 1844 times)

Offline BitchinTopic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
A few questions here form a veteran player
« on: September 23, 2005, 09:18:35 pm »
This is an oustanding Mod. I've played others and this one has gotten me sucked back in...thanks. Anyway, what are the grounding potions used for? How come the new rune words don't work? Yep, I wasted a Suicide doll. The item was located in normal mode, the runes were found in normal mode, and I did the recipe in normal mode...nothing. So, I suicided the item, went to nightmare mode and the same thing happened. There's alot of new and cool rune-worded items I would like to try out, but I'm not interested in smoking up my rare runes. I have a LAN set up mainly for gaming. We can play single mode with no problems. But when I try to host a game it says "failed to join game". My computer runs Windows 2000 and has a faster processor. The other computer can host games and runs Windows 98 with a slower processor. We have the latest version installed except we dont have the latest patch put on them...we dont want to lose our dolls in the doll stashes! I also tried to install Chaos Empire multiple times on another computer running Windows 98...idenical to the one mentioned earlier. After I use the activator, it comes up with the error of corrupt file and wont play. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
Re: A few questions here form a veteran player
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 11:10:35 pm »
Grounding Potions: increase lightning resistance for a time.  Take multiple potions to increase the length of time.

New rune words (1.11) aren't here, all others are (if you've downloaded the 7.60g patch, if you're playing a different release level then different rune words are not there).

Your other questions relate to at-home play of different versions and I'll have to pass the questions to others.  I only play online.

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 08:42:13 pm »
I cant seem to get rune words to work. I currently have version 7.50 installed. Here's a link to the rune word page. http://chaosempire.info/items/navi.php. I can get the rune words from 1.10 LOD to work but not the others from this page.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 08:09:59 pm by Bitchin »

Offline Hai_ii

• my Votes: +31/-4
  • Are you dead yet?
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 08:59:07 pm »
Hm first you should get 7.55 then upgrade to 7.60 g. 7.50 is an old Version. To play on Realm u always need the newest patch.

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 08:00:30 pm »
Ok, cool. Yeah, that will make a difference. Here's a couple of other questions for you. Should I do a clean install for version 7.55 or can I just overwrite the existing files? Can I back up my characters fron 7.50 and integrate them into 7.55? Thanks again and I appreciate the information.

countdracula

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 09:23:38 pm »
I think it should work to integrate your chars, but you have to try. For the install I would recommend uninstalling at least the ce mod before installing version 7.55 and then copying the 7.60g files. If there are any errors you might have to reinstall your diablo, but uninstalling the ce mod only should do normally.