AuthorTopic: How did I die?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline SorkyTopic starter

• my Votes: +2/-1
    • Poke This Member
How did I die?
« on: September 13, 2005, 12:14:03 am »
Hello, I do not know the technical explination for how this death occured.  Could someone please tell me exactly how this happens?  Please no " you died because of lag".

This is HC.

I took my level 77 assassain to Arreal summit in the new lets Rock level..  I set my traps and started the fight.  When I cast the traps they responded normally, no delay on the cast.

I had a good act 5 barb who didnt die.  I recast my shadow once.  I was hit once and ate a full rejuve.  One by one all 3 statues died.  My merc had full health, shadow was alive, I had full health.  The statues were again on their base.  I started to go to the woldstone door and wham, Medwac had killed me.  I had approx 5000 health at the time.  Time lapse between the time the statues were killed and I was killed, about 3 seconds.  My ping was normal for me, 202, from USA.

Is there any way to avoid this situation?  I don't mind a death if I caused it, but I don't see how I could have done anything different to change the outcome of this death.

Thanks, Sorky
Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.   :partytime:

Roy_Marquise

Re: How did I die?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 12:31:50 am »
Hiho Sorky,

I think Medwac was Fire enchanted. If a Monster is Fire enchanted he died with a Corpse Explosion and if the Monster has many Life you get  huge Dmg! So be carefull with this kind of Monsters!

MFG

€: But your English is much better Aleksa :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 12:35:00 am by Roy_Marquise »

Offline Aleksa

• my Votes: +3/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 12:32:48 am »
Once my Sorc died the same way with 4000Life.

Easy explanation; your Medwac was fire-enchanted and this corpse-explosion caused your death, here there could have been 3 seconds lag.

Take care of fire-enchanted Ancients and Clones, they can kill you easily, when they die and explode :(

EDIT: You are faster Roy ^_^

Offline SorkyTopic starter

• my Votes: +2/-1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 12:56:08 am »
Thanks for the quick response.

I did not notice if he was fire enchanted, but that would certainly explain what happened.

I will be extra carefull with fire enchanted monsters now.  I did not know that this happend when they died, this could explain a couple of my deaths.

thanks again :smile:
Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.   :partytime:

Offline godemperor

• my Votes: +6/-1
  • Realm: CCC
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 02:15:53 pm »
Yea! I've falling victim to that myself in HC and wondered.  Thanks for asking it.
GodEmperor
Seek the Rhino, Know the Rhino, Be the RHINO
Praise the Horn!!!

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 04:26:23 pm »
Not sure the "FE Bug" explains this death, Sorky.  The "FE Bug" is that an FE monster, *upon* *death*, (in effect) casts Corpse Explosion on itself.  If this were an "FE Bug" death, you'd have died the moment the FE monster did.  It's blast death would have killed you.  Your description suggests that there were a few seconds between his death and yours.

This "Delayed Action FE Bug" has been seen... with Pindleskin, who's an Undead that self-reanimates.  Pindleskin is always FE, so his death always has the FE blast.  If/When he 'tries to reanimate' he will always fail, but his death blast happens a second time.  This has killed a number of characters.  I have *never* heard of any of the Ancients acting like Pindleskin in this respect.

An FE blast is 1/2 fire and 1/2 physical.  Your resists and absorb apply to the fire protion, weapon block and shield block apply to the physical part.  What were your resists/block chance?

So: What killed you, I don't know.  "FE Bug"? That and Lag are handy explainations for almost anything.

(repeat mantra: CE/IM should be 83%/95% nerfed when applied against players like they were PvP)

Offline Shek

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 05:01:02 am »
its was the FE thing trust me :)