Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: TPs do not work the way they should  (Read 1937 times)

Offline jbtilleyTopic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
    • Poke This Member
TPs do not work the way they should
« on: September 09, 2005, 08:08:45 pm »
I have probably done this topic some time ago.

I am having problems with TPs.  When in a party I find that more often than not I cannot go through a TP created by the other person.  This even happens when we are the same cLvl and when we both TPed from the exact same area on the map.

We will often split up in the same area.  If one person finds the WP they will cast a TP.  If the other finds the way to the next area they will cast a TP.  The idea is to have one palyer easily touch the WP and both players to go through the TP to advance to the next area.

90% of the time it won't let me through.  What was the justification behind this?  No rushing?  The restrictions seem to be too high (same cLvl/same area/etc.)

What are the hard fast rules so I won't have to keep running into this problem?!? :BangHead:

Offline SVK_Gauron

• my Votes: +81/-121
    • Poke This Member
Re: TPs do not work the way they should
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 08:36:24 pm »
this is,when the party member does a quest without you or,in a2 you have not complete the quest (ask with cain et...).you should loog at the quest screen,if the quest is possible not done......
Poster des 4701. posts in Butcher´s corner

Poster des 88888. posts im CCC- Forum

Offline Sportfreund

• my Votes: +72/-29
  • Acc: *Sportfreund
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 08:38:41 pm »
as far as i know you have to finish the quest of the area bevor you can use tps in it... (except its your own ;) )

if you stick together you wouldnt have those problems i think :)

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 08:46:36 pm »
2 player LAN we are always working on the same quest.  So when one of us does a quest we both get credit for it.

So what you are saying is that the other party member could come through if I just went ahead and finished the quest of that area while they were waiting in town (since they get credit form completed quests no matter where they are) then they could come through the TP.

Offline Mineralsoff

• rebmeM elbaulaV
  • my Votes: +70/-16
  • CCC - HC
    • Poke This Member
    • http://chaosempire.info/web/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,56/topic,3900
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 11:47:45 am »
An example:

You are in a4 and one of you (char a) completed quest2 and the other (char b) doesnt complete it. If char a then opens a tp in cs char b wont get through this tp because he hasnt got finished quest2. If char b opens a tp there in cs char a and b can get through it because a has already q2 and you can everytime use your own tp ^^ To solve this "problem", which is part of the anti-rush feature, either char b completes quest2 or char a opens a tp in river of flame.
For a2 somtimes you need to talk to cain or in a3 you must talk to asheara to complete quest2 which is needed for "lower kurast" tps. So be sure that you have all quests done. Then there shouldnt be any "problems" anymore ;) Or walk together so that you neednt open a tp for the other one :D
Gruß an alle CE-Spieler

Das bin ich
Mein Rächer Guide

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 02:01:48 pm »
Ok this happened again - this time more annoying than in times past.  We were traveling together - got the the 5th level of that dungeon that has the countess.  THe person I was going with got killed.  I created a TP - they can't get through it to get to their body.  Rather than walk all the way down to lvl 5 of that dungeon again they just ended up saving/exiting/reconnecting to the server to get their body back.  You shouldn't have to run-run-run-run-run-run-run to get to somewhere that a party members TP could have easily gotten you to.  What is the point of having the party?

I really view this as a rediculous problem.  I don't see how the strict rules intended to prevent rushes should extend to these situations .