Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: Martial Arts Assassin  (Read 2698 times)

Offline TheMuppetTopic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
    • Poke This Member
Martial Arts Assassin
« on: August 01, 2005, 09:43:43 pm »
I've just completed nightmare on SP with my level 86 assassin. Only problem is i've already maxxed out all the skills i use, and Hell difficulty is proving much harder. Anyone got any ideas as to how i can make my character better? what equipment should i be looking for?
cheers

Offline Shinlos

• my Votes: +104/-46
  • :D
    • Poke This Member
Re: Martial Arts Assassin
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 09:53:42 pm »
Maybe u should post ur equip so we can improve it.
It all returns to nothing...

Der Spruch passt besser denn je...

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 11:39:01 pm »
ok, here goes...

Helm - Delirium rune word in rare Grand Crown
Armour - Firecam Gilded Plate (ornate plate)+ ort, thul, ral and um runes
Gloves - Paw of Vendetta (sharkskin gloves - complete set)
Belt - Constriction Girdle (sharkskin belt - complete set)
Boots - Cranium Basher (sharkskin boots - complete set)
Amulet - Baal's Cryptic Amulet
Rings - Elven Heartband unique ring and Seraphim ring + zod rune
claws - Martial Law (scissors katar) + 1 zod, and Bartuc's Cut Throat (greater talons) + 3 zods.

hope this is of some use

Offline Shinlos

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 11:55:14 pm »
Ok my suggestions for good equip on ur Level which is easy to reach:

Helm: Use Blood RW for good dam or rain for more Mana and Stats in good rare +Assaskills circlet (gamble)
Armor: Use RW Humility in nice Assa Robe (must be robe or better. Cube any Robe with Mana or healing potions for good stats).
Gloves: If u need IAS get nice rares and temper them for up to 80 IAS, else use some unique/Set stuff u find
Belt: If u use lot of Lightning Dam use Imperial Girdle for lots of Lightning Dam (may take long to gamble so maybe cube it). Otherwise use RW Blood in nice rare.
Boots: Use maybe Travincal Boots or some other Set/Unique Stuff
Amulet and Rings: I suggest full Diva Set. Gamble for it.
Claws: Gamble a good rare claw (much ED), make eth and use oil of permanence, then temper and socket with a RW. Maybe u should look in the List which RW is best 4 u.

Link for RWs:
http://chaosempire.info/cms/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=6&topic=26.msg66150#msg66150

U don't have to change ur whole equip at once, but if u want to be successfull in Hell u should change some parts time after time.

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 03:54:24 pm »
One optional note for the Robe or Mantle (cloak can't get 4 sockets): I'd suggest farming Normal Cows for rare charms, use those to cube the Robe or Mantle until you get good mods on a Rare Robe/Mantle so that after you put in the Humility or Chains of Honor rune word you can then temper the armor (cube with 3 hearts) for 15%-20% life leach.

Cubing with potions gets you a Magic not a Rare, and Magic can't be tempered.  On the other hand, potions are more readily available than rare charms.  So I'd do as Shilos suggests until you can do as I've suggested.

Amulet: socket whichever you have with a Zod to boost resists 14%, magic resist 7%, and increase maximum resists 7%.
I agree with the Diva set recommendation, be aware that the items have variable bonus (+1-2 all skills), so keep gambling until you have +7 all skills from the whole set.

Cube everything you have that has a "defense" rating with a Ghost doll, then with an oil of permanence.

What merc to you have, and what is his/her equipment?  I'd recommend an actIII cold sorc so the cold slows most opponents, and equip with things like Shadowtrick and Baals Claw for conviction and holy freeze auras.  Many opponents will lose the "Immune to Physical" attribute when this merc hits with an Ice Blast.  Equip this merc with a Diva set also, and you'll then be able to progress in Hell.

Note: the dungeon under Nihlathak(sp?) has 5 "Nasty Place" areas, in these areas you can find Vile Witch monsters that can drop soul stones.  These are very desireable for resists and +allskills.  Also, the "Red Portal" areas in act 5 (the portals are blue in CE Mod) are home to clones of Diablo, farm him for an Annihlus(sp) charm, the have a +2-+5 allskills bonus plus resists.

You may find it wise to farm NM Cows for grand charms to re-roll for +skills.

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 04:38:16 pm »
thanks for your help :)

have made the robe - it's amazing!

one question. is there any item that gives the amplify damage curse? that would be very cool!

Offline Shinlos

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 04:39:48 pm »
The Puppenkiste gives it.
At about 120 Dolls i think.
Make some Cows to get the Dolls.
Maybe on normal so u can Kill faster. Drop of Eggs should be the Same. And always use Find POtion for Souls, which can also be turned into Eggs.