AuthorTopic: Help with up Realm/Online Gameplay  (Read 2133 times)

Offline xlthearbiterlxTopic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
Help with up Realm/Online Gameplay
« on: July 15, 2005, 01:00:32 am »
Ok. Whats up...
I like many other people I am New to CE, I've been playing for 5 hours and havent had any problems yet. I created an account on the CCC server using the B.net signup like used in regular LOD.( you make an account and pass then enter your email) i Logged on and looked at the commands with /help. typed in /games and like 50 game sprang up in the chat screen.

Now comes the confusing part. I didnt see a single game on the game list. I need to know if there are special steps needed to play online with other people. I have 7.58/59 Upgrade, everything works fine. But although i do have friends that now play this mod also, i can't have a week long Lan party just to have people to play the mod with. I NEED to play online but thats hard to do when theres no way of joining a game. I can create them but i doubt anyone will join mine since im only level 24.

Offline blueman

• my Votes: +24/-8
  • Realm: none Acc: none (atm)
    • Poke This Member
    • Einwohnerpost
Re: Help with up Realm/Online Gameplay
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 01:04:59 am »
hi,

at first you need to create a inhabitant post here in the forum.
about the games, it might be possible that there are only nightmare and hell games open and you dont see them with your level 24 char or you have selected the asia realm, to check this logon your account and look at the top right corner. if CE Asia is displayed your on the wrong realm, so change it to europe and should see more games.

kind regards blueman
Quote from: pierrot
"Normal" as defined by the "special" breed of game designers in Korea. Everyone else calls that "severely broken".

Crimson Moon

Ein Klick auf den Link bringt mir "Ruhm" in einem Browserspiel wenn ihr euch dort auch anmeldet. Wäre klasse wenn das der eine oder andere tät ;)

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 01:10:00 am »
Well, I'm gonna guess you're a yankee like me, so it helps to know that we're the oddballs here.

Most of the players are on the East side of the Pond, meaning when it's 6PM here on the East Coast of the USA, it's Midnight in Berlin, likewise we're working during their playing hours.  This explains the small set of games we see.

When I see games, half of them are in Hell difficulty and if you're just starting you're making Normal games.  So you're seeing about half of almost zip.

So make your Normal games, and the Hell-players will drop in asking if they can mule in your game.  That means you're going to stay in that game for the next bunch of minutes, so the game stays in the join screen.  (Heck you were busy stomping through the Jungles of Glorius Kurast anyway, so say OK).  Holding a game while other folks mule is a common courtesy here, even if they're muling a *drool* annihilus charm or a Stone of Jordan or five... If there's something you're in need of, ask those muling (it's probably just taking up space in their stash, and you can have it free).

Offline blueman

• my Votes: +24/-8
  • Realm: none Acc: none (atm)
    • Poke This Member
    • Einwohnerpost
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 01:18:12 am »
webwalker, just are just right, plain and simple explanation :D
i looked up the word oddball, well i wouldn't say you are some, i'd say you are more a minority or just people from a different time zone :)
i guess there will be more games at the weekends

kind regards
Quote from: pierrot
"Normal" as defined by the "special" breed of game designers in Korea. Everyone else calls that "severely broken".

Crimson Moon

Ein Klick auf den Link bringt mir "Ruhm" in einem Browserspiel wenn ihr euch dort auch anmeldet. Wäre klasse wenn das der eine oder andere tät ;)

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 01:20:26 am »
perhaps you didn't open the ports for CE

it is the port 7550

i don't think there aren't any games open...

also you need an inhabitant post to play, please tell your friends that too if they don't have one already cause i'm closing accounts without a post every day because people are just not reading the rules...

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 09:06:11 am »
one big question is...
which realm has been choosen

europe or asia...this can make a huge different...

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012