Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: Which barb best for hell  (Read 4436 times)

Offline russianTopic starter

• my Votes: +1/-2
    • Poke This Member
Which barb best for hell
« on: May 26, 2005, 02:54:43 am »
which barb is best and easyist to play in hell is the 1% in magic damge on melee skills worth it from berserk also were is the anceint diablo located and what does he drop
what skill layout will my barb need

Thank you

Offline LordFrost

• my Votes: +3/-5
  • CCC
    • Poke This Member
    • Info
Re: Which barb best for hell
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 03:16:40 am »
Imo a Whirlwind Barb.
Hard to kill, deals good damage, has a lot of replay value when you like action-like gameplay.
Berserk should absolutely be at at least 1 point, so you can deal with Physical Immunes quickly. Wether or not it's worth it to put more points into it is subject to controversity, tho.
Personally I raised it to 10. If I really do fight Magic-Immunes, I only lose 10% of my damage. But in most cases my Berserk skill is high enough to finish a physical immune in two hits.
Ancient Diablo is in the lowest level of the dungeon which has it's entrance next to Nihlatak. At level 15 or 16 there's a door to "A nasty place" which, unlike the "Nasty Places" before, is actually getting you forward. To Ancient Diablo and other tough enemies.

As for the skill layout, there are many different opinions on what you should and should not do.
I skilled mine like this:

30 Whirlwind (Duh.)
30 Leap Attack (Synergy to Whirlwind.)
10 Berserk
30 Sword Mastery
30 Battle Orders
30 Shout
1 Point each in Battle Command, Ironskin/Natural Resistance, Stamina/Speed, and of course the skills required to reach the skills I have actually maxed out.

I'm not entirely done yet, unfortunately I'm not entirely sure about the future either.
Maxing Battle Command might work, although I consider that shout highly overrated. Another idea would be maxing Berserk to kill single mobs even faster.
Or, and that is what I'll most likely do, maxing Spear Mastery and putting an elite pike with a gargantuan damage in the second weapon slot. Both for range and for the situations when the mobs don't even hurt you, and you just want to kill QUICKLY.

Hope that was of any help,
Frosty
und ja CE verstellt mutwillig bios, spannt dir die freundin aus, bringt deinen pc dazu aus dem fenster zu springen und pöbelt deinen chef an so dass er dich feuert...

dieser post könnte eventuell ironie enthalten...

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 10:04:31 am »
Thank you should i use 2 weopons or 1 wep and one sword and also im playing single player and i have about 60 analisis small charms so should i only put points in vit becuase my strength and dex will be over 500 each.
should i only put 1 lvl in ww then let plus skills do the rest becuase ethere way il have 100 to all skills

Offline arcadians

• my Votes: +4/-4
  • Chaos core community
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 10:15:53 am »
annilus do u mean            how can u get +100 skills is that possible if so build ur barb and post me a screenschot of the skill tree on ur barb plz
In all my travels i have seen neither a vision or heard a secret that will damn my soul and at over 400 years i believe my self to be the oldest living vampire        -interview with a vampire-

Somewhere south of nowwhere south of nothing
-location-

thanks for all the fish
-hitchikers guide to the galaxy-

even the smallest man can change the course of the future     -Lord of the Rings-

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 11:26:22 am »
it will take a while to build my barb ( a week or so) but i can post a screen shot of my nercos skill true he also has 100 to all skills. can you explain to me how i can put the screen shot on the web. thx
Also i usally leave diablo 2 on for the night so the next morning daiblo wakes the earth is always present then i just go to the den of evil and find him.

Offline Tophead

• my Votes: +68/-78
    • Poke This Member
    • http://chaosempire.info/forum/index.php/topic,3888.0.html
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 11:33:26 am »
www.imageshack.de       <----there u can upload pictures.

the best hell barb is imo a barb with wihrwind, and 2 rare eth tempered botd cbs. (im playing such an barb, he is now 81 and can do the nightmarwe dungeon easyly)

Offline arcadians

• Chaos core community
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 12:42:32 pm »
can u carry more than one annilius?
In all my travels i have seen neither a vision or heard a secret that will damn my soul and at over 400 years i believe my self to be the oldest living vampire        -interview with a vampire-

-location-

thanks for all the fish

even the smallest man can change the course of the future     -Lord of the Rings-

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 12:52:36 pm »
yes u can carry up to 99 of em and uber d drops up to 6 of them at one time also he can also drop books of wisdom and does so ALOT

Offline arcadians

• Chaos core community
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 12:53:53 pm »
russian what character do u use to kill him? and  did u post ur screenie of ur necro with +100 skills?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 01:12:32 pm by arcadians »

-location-

thanks for all the fish

Offline Tophead

• my Votes: +68/-78
    • Poke This Member
    • http://chaosempire.info/forum/index.php/topic,3888.0.html
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 02:29:22 pm »
yes u can carry up to 99 of em and uber d drops up to 6 of them at one time also he can also drop books of wisdom and does so ALOT

thats wrong. u can only carry one anhillius on the realm. there was a bug in vers 7.55 for SP only that u can carry more than one anhillius, it was fixed in the first 24 hours.

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 02:55:41 pm »
il post a screen shot when i get home(when i figureout how to that is)

• Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 11:17:50 pm »
I use my nercro takes about 30 second after i have about 27 mages and skellys my skellys surrond him then i cast bone prison until his death