Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: Chain Light Sorc after update.  (Read 2431 times)

Offline OronzoTopic starter

• my Votes: +1/-2
    • Poke This Member
    • http://ce.grimms.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=5626
Chain Light Sorc after update.
« on: May 24, 2005, 09:05:19 pm »
Ok...this morning before update i had a 10.5k max damage for a Chain-lightning ... now with new update i noticed i hardly reach 8.5k damage. This 2 k difference is a bit too high in my opinion even for a reduction of 33% of the masteries...so i noticed this... both CL and telecinesis now have 20% sinergy for level while i'm pretty sure it was 25% and 20% each level before the update. Am i wrong ? If it's so...was it wanted or is it a bug ? cause dam...li lost a LOT of firepower with this update...and it's still sooo hard to play with the sorc due to the mad resistance settings...

Offline SVK_Gauron

• my Votes: +81/-121
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chain Light Sorc after update.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 09:14:21 pm »
this isr a reduction of skills and synergies in the new version to reduce the powerfull chars in CE.u can read the exact reductions in the readme contains in the 7.59 zip file
and of course :its a lot of lost of firepower...and its no bug
Poster des 4701. posts in Butcher´s corner

Poster des 88888. posts im CCC- Forum

Offline OronzoTopic starter

• my Votes: +1/-2
    • Poke This Member
    • http://ce.grimms.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=5626
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 09:42:21 pm »
Mmm...then it's pretty wrong to reduce them so much. As far as i know my amazon is way more powerful than this sorc. Maybe Fire sorcs were able to deal huge damage...but lightning ones were pretty hard already... Bah...
Plus as far as i know Hammerdin updates don't work. My friend that has a lvl 88 one says nothing has changed...bah...

Offline arcadians

• my Votes: +4/-4
  • Chaos core community
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 10:07:53 pm »
hammerdins damage hasent really changes they just slow targets down  and    knockback monsters

lighting sorc should be good in really high  lvl     but i see a lot of frozen orb   sorc  mayby they would be worth a try?
In all my travels i have seen neither a vision or heard a secret that will damn my soul and at over 400 years i believe my self to be the oldest living vampire        -interview with a vampire-

Somewhere south of nowwhere south of nothing
-location-

thanks for all the fish
-hitchikers guide to the galaxy-

even the smallest man can change the course of the future     -Lord of the Rings-

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 12:00:46 am »
lightning skills still have enough dmg... the reduction is totally ok in my eyes... of course in low lvl it's all not so good but later you should have not much problems with a cold/light sorc for example

Offline LordFrost

• my Votes: +3/-5
  • CCC
    • Poke This Member
    • Info
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 01:04:43 am »
Come on.
2K less damage mean no more than one extra Chain Lightning you have to cast.
And Telekinesis still kills, just slower.

It's like Olfmo said, you still do have enough damage. You've been balanced, yes. But don't you think 50k TK damage with moderate equipment was a little tough? Seeing how it still knocks back, the lightning sorc is still very playable.

I was first shocked myself, because my lightning/frost Sorc has suffered from the balancing as well. But to be honest I made a bigger deal out of it than it was. She still beats every mob I encounter over the head with it's own legs. She just requires 1 to 3 casts more to do so.

und ja CE verstellt mutwillig bios, spannt dir die freundin aus, bringt deinen pc dazu aus dem fenster zu springen und pöbelt deinen chef an so dass er dich feuert...

dieser post könnte eventuell ironie enthalten...

Offline arcadians

• my Votes: +4/-4
  • Chaos core community
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 03:01:37 pm »
Thats very good saying shocked will  where on a bout lighting sorcs     and still on the sorc  subjest  what would be the best set ?       bartucs?
GRRR NO ONE ANSWERD MY POST ABOUT    WHAT THE RAIN RW HAS BEEN CHANGED TO!!!  <------HINT HINT
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 03:03:17 pm by arcadians »
In all my travels i have seen neither a vision or heard a secret that will damn my soul and at over 400 years i believe my self to be the oldest living vampire        -interview with a vampire-

Somewhere south of nowwhere south of nothing
-location-

thanks for all the fish
-hitchikers guide to the galaxy-

even the smallest man can change the course of the future     -Lord of the Rings-

Offline godemperor

• my Votes: +6/-1
  • Realm: CCC
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 03:15:20 pm »
I thought the 1/3 reduction for the sorc was pretty rough.  One of the things I like about CE mod is you can really play alot of different types of characters with skills that normally are pretty weak on Norm d2.

Anyway I'm having fun with Enchant and static field on a Ranger Sorc with strafe and multishot.
GodEmperor
Seek the Rhino, Know the Rhino, Be the RHINO
Praise the Horn!!!

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 03:22:28 pm »
@arcadians: bartucs is always good, but with the new uniques there is no best set or best item combination so just pick what you think it is the best :)

the change in the rain runword is that it got only 1 or 2 skilsl now (i'm not sure right now, but 1 or 2 it is^^)