AuthorTopic: Gold everywhere  (Read 2792 times)

theonlymoose

Gold everywhere
« on: May 22, 2005, 06:31:03 pm »
I'm just entering the Catacombs Level 1, in normal.  My stash is full of gold, I'm carrying my limit and I've currently got 300,000 gold laying on the ground in town by Charsi.  :lol:

EDIT 1:  Make that now 400,000 on ground in town, 400,000 in stash (lvl 19 character, so current max) and carrying 724,486 in gold.  Too bad that wasn't real $$$$!!  I'm not even 25% finished exploring Catacombs Level 1 yet.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 06:51:23 pm by theonlymoose »

Offline LordFrost

• my Votes: +3/-5
  • CCC
    • Poke This Member
    • Info
Re: Gold everywhere
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 07:00:06 pm »
If you loot all the throwing Elixirs, it'll be even more. ;)

But yes, gold is not a problem in Chaos Empire at all. Go hit Gheed and do some gambling, even some lowbie items are great. ;)
und ja CE verstellt mutwillig bios, spannt dir die freundin aus, bringt deinen pc dazu aus dem fenster zu springen und pöbelt deinen chef an so dass er dich feuert...

dieser post könnte eventuell ironie enthalten...

theonlymoose

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 07:16:53 pm »
I know, I've found that one.  I've gotten a few good unique rings from Gheed, for both me and my rogue merc.  Also got a nice unique amulet too.

Offline LordFrost

• CCC
    • Poke This Member
    • Info
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 12:51:07 am »
Yeah, although it's too bad that you can't use Kingpin's Nagelrings as ammo. I must have gotten more of those than stat points. oO
und ja CE verstellt mutwillig bios, spannt dir die freundin aus, bringt deinen pc dazu aus dem fenster zu springen und pöbelt deinen chef an so dass er dich feuert...

Offline McCain

• my Votes: +0/-1
  • Barbarian for life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 03:49:00 am »
geessh T.O.M. u must really love gold lol :cheers: try selling a tome of portal or identify or a soul or a valuable elixer then u prolly goin to drull with all that loot in the ground :boxing:

theonlymoose

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 06:00:54 am »
geessh T.O.M. u must really love gold lol :cheers: try selling a tome of portal or identify or a soul or a valuable elixer then u prolly goin to drull with all that loot in the ground :boxing:

I think what the situation is, that in other mods and vanilla LOD. I'm used to my merc dying on a regular basis and going through a lot of gold resurrecting her.

In most mods, I'm used to having them die at least 3 times more often than I do.  This mod so far she's only died when I have.

Offline LordFrost

• CCC
    • Poke This Member
    • Info
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 06:13:27 am »
You absolutely need to share your secrets of Merc-Survival-Training with me!

My time with mercs usually goes like this:
(After 20 minutes of finding good equipment for him/her.)

Me: Hey you're all decked out, now let's go!
Merc: Yes, I'm glad to help you!

Entering The Blood Moor
Me: Watch out! Fallen!
Merc: Hgnaah *dies*
Me: ...

theonlymoose

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 03:00:14 pm »
You've got to learn to play hit & run style.  When my rogue looks like she's about to die, I turn and run to a safe enough area to feed her a healing potion, or if near a WP, head to town.

When it comes to gold, right now I'm in Catacombs 4, on and kinda trapped the Butcher (walked in to his room, not knowing it was his).  He's currently where the stairs are leading down from lvl 3.  :)  I had a TP open in his area, so I ran up to lvl 2, took WP to town, then TP back to lvl 4.  Had free run of this area!!  :lol:  Only problem is, I'm already maxed out in my stash for gold (600,000), and what I can carry (800,000) , and have 300,000 laying on the ground in town.  It would take too many TP's to grab everything up and sell it, and the town would be up to it's knee's in my gold.  So I'm only grabbing gems, jewels, runs and rare/unique magic items.  Man it is tough to leave all that nice valuable stuff laying around in the catacombs.   :'(

Offline Shinlos

• my Votes: +104/-46
  • :D
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 03:30:07 pm »
The more u play the more stuff will be on the floor not grabbed by you ; )

In Late Game (Level 8x or higher Char) i don't even pick up the most Uniques.
It all returns to nothing...

Der Spruch passt besser denn je...

theonlymoose

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 06:10:55 pm »
The more u play the more stuff will be on the floor not grabbed by you ; )

In Late Game (Level 8x or higher Char) i don't even pick up the most Uniques.

I'm level 21 Dualaxerian (Dual Axe Barbarian) now.  I think I will be level 22 before I'm finished Act 1, if not level 23, because I accidently hit a button my keyboard that starts my email program, and it caused both programs to shutdown on me!!  I think around the end of the month, I'm gonna up my ram to 1GB DDR and considering that my graphic card is currently onboard (on motherboard), I will up the ram dedicated to vid-ram from 32MB to 128MB.  I think that should solve that problem from happening again.

Offline bluensun

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • I like beans
    • Poke This Member
    • my inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 11:29:43 pm »
lol i dont even put gold in the stash anymore
because im too lazy to find it and stuff
even if i find it i dont put money in it
because all i need money for is my merc
so i usually have 1 or 2 oil potions in my inv
just in case if i die i wont have any money XP

Offline MektonZero

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 12:43:13 pm »
Once I get that 3rd doll in my Doll Stash and getting that first point in Find Potion, gold ceases to be a concern.  (Other than picking it up off the ground so I can see the stuff hidden under it.)  Selling one soul to the Gambling NPC for that act (Gheed, ect.) nets you 750 MILLION gold, before that I'll sell one throwable potion stack and drop the money in my Private Stash so that I have enough ready cash to raise my merc if I get killed before I hit Tristam.

Offline gbaandy

• my Votes: +2/-3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 09:12:22 pm »
ever sold a flag? :D
i once got 3 players in a game and we all gambled for 30 mins (we all were lvl~30) and there still was like 2 billions or trillions of gold on the ground (it was very much ) :D