AuthorTopic: Anti-Rush feature  (Read 2255 times)

Offline MrBad151Topic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
    • Poke This Member
Anti-Rush feature
« on: April 22, 2005, 07:16:55 am »
I have a slight problem with one part of the anti rush feature, namely the +/- 5 levels rule.  Not so much the +5 part, but the -5 part.  The -5 part actually cause you to rush!    I've found that I level faster than I progress through the storyline/quests.  And that is without doing the optional caves and such in Act 1.  

The monsters at the end of Act 1 are higher lvl than the monsters at the beginning of Act 2 (rocky wastelands), so depending on what level you finish Act 1 you actually have to rush through a fair amount of Act 2 just to catch back up to monsters that are within the +/-5 rule.

Perhaps changing the rule to just +5, or even +5/-10 would be better at obtaining the desired goal of keeping players from rushing.

*** I found I level faster than I progressed even without drinking "elixiers" (+500xp) because I didn't realized what they did at the time so I never bothered to pick them up ***
"As the radius of knowledge increases, so does the circumference of my ignorance"

Offline ZenPdH

• my Votes: +55/-18
    • Poke This Member
    • http://chaosempire.info/forum/index.php/topic,4142.0.html
Anti-Rush feature
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 07:47:16 am »
I think it's more or less wanted that u don't lvl or get the full xp in any area u are in. If so u would lvl too fast and then u would come over the +5 lvl rule and have the same problem as u have now with the -5 one.
It's just one of those days
Where you don't wanna wake up
Everything is f****d, everybody sucks.
You don't really know why
But you wanna justify rippin' someone's head off
No human contact
And if you interact your life is on contract
Your best bet is to stay away mo****f****r!
It's just one of those days!

__NARAYAN_

Anti-Rush feature
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 10:45:00 am »
Can anybody tell me what are these anti rush features.I am new to this mod so please tell me where I could find the list of these features.

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
Anti-Rush feature
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 10:52:06 am »
you can't enter tps if you don't have certain quests (like you can't go to catacombs lvl 4 if you didn't finish q1-3 and q5 in a1)

in some levels you can't teleport or only teleport in open areas

and the +-5 lvl exp rule is now till lvl 85 so you won't get exp if you are with lvl 30 in nm for example :)

__NARAYAN_

Anti-Rush feature
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 11:10:49 am »
In few days before when I try to join a friend in lan who is in normal mode a message appears that "Failed to join game".I was thinking that anti-rush features stops my character (who is in nightmare) to join him.

I have completed all quests till now,then  why I can't join him ,if it is a matter of exp only.