AuthorTopic: rerolling magic object  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Gogun2005Topic starter

• my Votes: +1/-0
    • Poke This Member
rerolling magic object
« on: April 12, 2005, 04:53:06 am »
I tried the LOD formula to reroll charms, and it does not work (7.55). Was it changed? Those eggs produce a good amount of 99lvl charms with poor attributes.

Offline Graeme

• my Votes: +0/-0
    • Poke This Member
rerolling magic object
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 05:03:42 am »
The standard CE way of rerolling a magic item is item + two blue charms. For charms, three blue charms of the same type reroll to a single blue charm. I've been using this in 7.55

I haven't been able to find a way to reroll rare charms though. The current recipe for rolling rares is item + rare charm, but trying a blue charm and a yellow charm doesn't work.

Tupac

rerolling magic object
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 08:49:21 am »
The standard CE way of rerolling a magic item is item + two blue charms. For charms, three blue charms of the same type reroll to a single blue charm. I've been using this in 7.55

I haven't been able to find a way to reroll rare charms though. The current recipe for rolling rares is item + rare charm, but trying a blue charm and a yellow charm doesn't work.
On top of this, trying 2 rare charms of same type only produces a magic charm and nothing else.

Offline Phosgen

• 1st in 1st Diablo1 Event
  • my Votes: +20/-6
    • Poke This Member
    • mein Einwohnerpost
rerolling magic object
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 10:42:25 am »
Just for information:

Along with the recipe itself the formula calculating the new itemlevl also was changed. When producing a new normal/magic/rare item the new itemlevel is the old itemlevel plus charlevel. Thus you can produce items that have a higher itemlevel (if you need them for unique recipe eg) just by cubing it with healing potions. When cubing three magic charms the itemlevel of the last charm put into the cube is used as the old itemlevel when calculating the new one.

MfG
Phosgen

• Poke This Member
rerolling magic object
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 06:52:46 pm »
Thanks for the info.

Did you find this by experiment or was there a doc somewhere (preferably in english) documenting it? I didn't see this info in the readme file for the 7.55 (at least, not the english one).

Offline Phosgen

• 1st in 1st Diablo1 Event
  • my Votes: +20/-6
    • Poke This Member
    • mein Einwohnerpost
rerolling magic object
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 08:58:35 pm »
This info is not included in any ReadMe, neither German nor English. I found the formula by myself, which was not to difficult since the itemlevel is displayed in CE. The only tricky part was the recipe including 3 magic charms. First I suspected something like an average of the itemlevels of the ingridients. I suppose that even Chaos didn't know exactly that it worked this way (item last put in is used as basis). I guess that this is somthing that is hardcoded in D2 but never was used in normal D2 or LoD as there are no recipes involving the same items of which one is chosen as basis. I put all this info (and also a lot more) into my itemguide for CE which is, until now, only available in German. I guess I should really translate it soon (I'm way to lazy).

MfG
Phosgen

• Poke This Member
rerolling magic object
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 09:44:26 pm »
Thanks again.

I was also wondering, are people using more the sets, the unique items, the crafted items or the modifed rare? I am doing the first act with various characters and i don't see the day qhen I will have something better then the starting sets. I know that like in LOD, i will eventualy find something, but there are so many bonus for the complete set that i find it hard to use something else. How long do you use the basic sets in general?

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
rerolling magic object
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 09:48:57 pm »

Zon set: Used until I found a rare with +2 zon skills and +? bow&xbow, plus other nice abilities, and socketed it for the Edge runeword, and then "Tempered" it with body parts.  I gave my starter bow to my Rogue, and she's been knocking things down quite happily.

My necro starter kit got tossed before I could wear it all.  Much better could be found.

The Barb starter hat was worth quite a bit to my starter Sorc, with two sapphire chips in it.  The barb is quite happy with his new (rare) hat.

Other kits will be studied as my chars in those classes grow, other players have varying milage with the kits listed here.