Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: Where do i download this mod  (Read 1084 times)

Offline CEfanTopic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • Put your name here
    • Poke This Member
Where do i download this mod
« on: June 25, 2023, 01:26:00 pm »
hi,

the download link is broken for me, is there any alternative to download this mod?

everytime i try it i get this error HTTP ERROR 500 when opening the download site.

cya
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 03:29:40 pm by CEfan »

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
Re: Where do i download this mod
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 04:46:17 pm »

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

• Put your name here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2023, 07:22:31 am »
Link doesnt work for me sadly as i get the error above everytime i open it.

Any chance it can be hosted somewhere else so i can download it?

Ty

• Put your name here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2023, 08:13:05 am »
Could someone please upload this mod on some free hosting site so i can download it.

Im still unable to download it from official link simce i get this error 500 when trying to open it.

Thank you

:wece:

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 10:16:29 pm »
http://chaosempire.in-berlin.de/files/D2_Mod_new/setup.exe

is working fine for me, and its a free site

maybe your browser has an issue with non secure site, so https could hopefully help

https://chaosempire.in-berlin.de/files/D2_Mod_new/setup.exe

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

Offline SABREWULF

• Put your name here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 03:53:47 am »
Hello, dear author of the Chaos Empire mod. I found your mod on different website. However right now, I don't know which one is more new - the one that you posted here 7.74fix or the mod I found over there.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/chaos-empire-mod/downloads/chaos-empire-mod

If your version is newer than how can I update it by their method? Because you given us  setup file and over there you need to download SE Modmanager and  unpack the zip files  to the folder and manually put  everything where the mods are.
It means in this case I am going to need  files from your mod to replace the old ones and I don't know how can I  take them out from the setup file that you provided.

Another one are 2 things that's I found very annoying.
1 color of mana. What did you make up your mind to change the normal blue color that we all get used to into some  nonsense colors (dark red?, white?) Its ridiculous.
2 That spam in the top left  corner of the screen.
Even if I already thick the box that I only want to see text when I press Alt it still showing me  items names  there covering the screen.
Is it possible to turn it off somehow?

Offline gbaandy

• my Votes: +2/-3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 08:53:31 pm »
Hello, dear author of the Chaos Empire mod. I found your mod on different website. However right now, I don't know which one is more new - the one that you posted here 7.74fix or the mod I found over there.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/chaos-empire-mod/downloads/chaos-empire-mod

If your version is newer than how can I update it by their method? Because you given us  setup file and over there you need to download SE Modmanager and  unpack the zip files  to the folder and manually put  everything where the mods are.
It means in this case I am going to need  files from your mod to replace the old ones and I don't know how can I  take them out from the setup file that you provided.

Another one are 2 things that's I found very annoying.
1 color of mana. What did you make up your mind to change the normal blue color that we all get used to into some  nonsense colors (dark red?, white?) Its ridiculous.
2 That spam in the top left  corner of the screen.
Even if I already thick the box that I only want to see text when I press Alt it still showing me  items names  there covering the screen.
Is it possible to turn it off somehow?

I don't think the version you linked is in any way connected to the original mod that you find here. The mana color stuff you mention is NOT in the original version of CE and must be a "QoL" change by these people who basically stole the mod.

Offline SABREWULF

• Put your name here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2023, 01:28:39 am »
So now how can I solve this because I was a fan of Chaos Empire  and I was playing before on 7.60 ~ the best one in my opinion but now I have Windows 11 and it doesn't want to work there anymore.  The CE mod from that website I was mentioned before at least works  and it works very good on Win 11 but I didn't realized  that mana color was not CE idea.  So now I am very confused because I don't know will this setup file from here will work normally after I install it and does it need official Blizzard patch 1.13c or just like before 1.10.
I also think they more preserved the CE  mod making it playable for everyone instead of saying that they stole it.

Offline gbaandy

• my Votes: +2/-3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2023, 07:21:31 am »
So now how can I solve this because I was a fan of Chaos Empire  and I was playing before on 7.60 ~ the best one in my opinion but now I have Windows 11 and it doesn't want to work there anymore.  The CE mod from that website I was mentioned before at least works  and it works very good on Win 11 but I didn't realized  that mana color was not CE idea.  So now I am very confused because I don't know will this setup file from here will work normally after I install it and does it need official Blizzard patch 1.13c or just like before 1.10.
I also think they more preserved the CE  mod making it playable for everyone instead of saying that they stole it.
If the owner of the mod doesn't support other people "preserving" the mod and these people copy it to make it their own, that's what I'd usually call stealing.
So, let's just find out: @ChaosEmpire, do you know about this "preservation" of the mod and do you support it?

As to the installation problems, I tried installing the mod on a 100% clean d2 installation just yesterday and it worked flawlessly for me. On my other machine it didn't work, but I have played different mods on that one before, so I can't say it was a 100% clean installation of D2.

Offline SABREWULF

• Put your name here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2023, 01:36:50 pm »
Did you installed it on 1.10 patch or 1.13?

I also don't say what they did is good but at least it works