Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: Selling Book (portal or identify)  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Gogun2005Topic starter

• my Votes: +1/-0
    • Poke This Member
Selling Book (portal or identify)
« on: March 14, 2005, 11:30:47 pm »
Hi,

during my play this weekend, I saw that sometimes, my books are worth  over 7 millions :thumbup:  instead of the normal 25k. The same bokks from time to time vary in price. At level 14, that was quite a surprise... i sold one and realy got the cash...

Is it from an activated item or someting? I was playing an amazon in SP.

TIA

Offline DrowElf

• my Votes: +75/-14
    • Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
  • CE-Net Account: drow-elf (HC-only)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 11:39:53 pm »
This isn´t a bug its a feature, but only a gamble npcs you will get that much.

Try to sell valuable elixirs or souls than you will be surprised by the gold amount you get than.

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 06:50:19 pm »
If a feature, it should be restricted to higher level characters.

If it is a feature, how come I get some times 25k and others 7M from the same NPC? Like i said, the price of the same book varies from time to time for the same NPC(gambling).

I might be a bug...

Like the other thing that happens sometimes : the amount of arrows used does not change sometimes, so i have an infinite number. For exemple, the item might say I have 123 arrows left, but I can play for hours without reparing or changing arrows (always 123 left). Once a game is started, if the arrows are "infinite", it is the same for wathever type of arrows I use (for that game session). .

Blobb

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 10:28:42 pm »
1) Usually the amount of gold received for a book should not vary for the same NPC. Only difference is between NPS that offer gambling (i.e. Gheeds, 7 mio. Gold) and those that dont gamble (i.e. Larzuk, 25k Gold). Perhaps check again?

2) Maybe you use a bow with the magic ability "Fires Magic Arrows/Bolts". In that case you dont use up your arrwos when using the standard attack. Possible?

Regards,  Blobb

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 02:12:58 pm »
1) Ok, i loaded the game several times and the gambling NPC always offered 7M for the books. As said, I must have confused 2 NPCs. But I think that to give 7M for the first ACT is too much. It should be only on nightmare or hell level, or at least, when the stash can support it.

2) After some testing, I found that I was using the magic arrow ability. I have not checked in the original LOD but I think that arrows were spent even with this skill. I will check it this weekend.

Thank for your enlightment.

Offline DrowElf

• my Votes: +75/-14
    • Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
  • CE-Net Account: drow-elf (HC-only)
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 02:37:11 pm »
...It should be only on nightmare or hell level, or at least, when the stash can support it. ...
This is a wanted feature too.

It was made because of the possibility for highlvl chars to gamble in games from normal difficulty. To open games in nightmare or hell only to gamble used to many server resources. I think it isn´t possible to change this only for SP.

Be happy so you can gamble with low level chars without thinking about the costs, too. If you don´t need to gamble hold the Books till you need them in your stash.

btw have you tried to sell something which i told you in my first post? The gold you receive there is very much more.

Gold isn´t a problem in CE, you will always have enough gold in this mod.

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 07:01:39 pm »
Until now, i have used all the elexirs i have found. I will try to remember to use them only after checking the price!

As for the amount of gold available, it's just that I can't resist gambling for every unique or set available whenever I get the chance (might be the seed to a pathological patern... :s662: )

To date, I am still in the prison act 1 and it has been fun. I had a big surprise when I encuntered the butcher and Leoric, I should have remembered from the original Diablo how they were though... But i like a challange. I will try every thing to get them down now (lvl 17).

Great mod  :thumbup: