Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: Uber items please (woot gets black key for lets rock)  (Read 5986 times)

Offline camosteTopic starter

• my Votes: +1/-0
    • Poke This Member
    • http://
Uber items please (woot gets black key for lets rock)
« on: March 09, 2009, 10:58:54 am »
hey

been playing for a while and my pally, necro, zon and sorc own nm; i know i know its not called nm but technically...

hell i have no chance... resists are so bad and yes I have fantastic resits in nm but I just dont know how to get the elite items...

can any one explain details.. do i go farm soul stones... do i need to get some crafting stuff together... is there something else...

every once in a while I gamble a bitchin item like ravens bow but then its 8 hours of gambling to get one items and there is the whole set ffs...

okay so I am whining now lol

thanks in advance if anyone helps; playing single player btw
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 02:52:39 pm by camoste »

Offline Ramierez

• my Votes: +50/-1
  • \,,\ >.< /,,/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Uber items please
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 11:19:36 am »
what lvl are your chars? you shouldn't enter Hell before you are 85. As for items, übers are possible at nm clon dia, so look in the caves in a5 for the clon. If resists are bad, try the rw humility (armor) also a unique shield with um/zod runes does help. If you dont have it try getting BO(battle orders). soul stones are impossible in nm you will need to get to the hell dungeon at least to get some. Other possibility for early übers is the butcher in hell, or the golden chest in the katakombs.

as for items in general:
rings: +2skill rare rings(temper them for lvl req 0) but there are also nice +1skill uniques or the diva set rings
weapon: melee/BU chars should get a high ed weapon temper is with horns an put a nice rw in it (broken promise is a good one)
schield: if resis are bad use um/zid runes in it there are some useful shields like phoenix(rw) or unique ones like lachdonnans(+3skills)
boots: if resis are bad you can use stairway to haeven, else lustwander is are nice ones
belt: rw blood in a belt with fhr/life should do it
gloves: warlock set gloves (+2skills) or psycho set gloves(+100%damage)
armor: shadow trick(unique) or humility(rw) are the most common ones
helm: there are some nice rws for circlets, or you use Götterdämmerung (+7skills but -50resi)
amulet: stuff like maras, or the diva set, sigil of hope is very good but also very hard to gamble

for almost every item you can say that übers are better, exept for the helmet and most of the times the Armor

if you are looking for items just open the itemlist http://chaosempire.eu/d2items/index.php?action=home select all uniques/sets and press strg+f to search for an atribute you are looking for

hope that helped a bit
Laut Joe ist eins der 7 Übel in Diablo Arielle die Meerjungfrau
Farin Urlaub: Ich bin vieleicht nicht lustig, aber ich wäre ein spitzen Diktator.
TUM Mensa Aktionsessen: Gekochtes Fleisch in brauner Soße
George W. Bush: Gesunde Kinder brauchen keine Krankenversicherung
Neun von zehn Stimmen in meinen Kopf sagen ich bin nicht verrückt. Die andere summt die Melodie von Tetris...
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=chaos%20empire

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 02:47:07 pm »
i am low 80's... and can do okay its just the resits r all neg so i take a bath and got to run all the time

been trying to pay attention to whats going on here

my pally merc seems to have lost a few levels when i started hell dk why.. maybe a bug

he was using a lvl 74 runed polearm and now he is 63 sniff.. i will level him up and get it back on him as he is bad...

have not even tried the others since if the pally can not make it no one will be able to

thanks for tips

Offline Ramierez

• \,,\ >.< /,,/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 03:52:20 pm »
wha kind of pala are you playing?
Farin Urlaub: Ich bin vieleicht nicht lustig, aber ich wäre ein spitzen Diktator.
Neun von zehn Stimmen in meinen Kopf sagen ich bin nicht verrückt. Die andere summt die Melodie von Tetris...

Offline Joni

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 06:58:08 pm »
if you are palying a FoH-Pala try gambling the Bartucs Set. It will most probably decrease your damage but increase your survivability enormously since it provides you with a large amount of resistances and most important with increased maximal resistances up to 95. This in combination with the Travincal Set Shield (Get this via cubing a Vortex Shield with a doll and 5 rare jools) and sock 4 Um Runes into it. With this setup your resistances will be enough to make your way through CGS, at least my FoH Pala did not face any problems of matter to make his way through CGS with this setup.

Bartucs is a good idea on casters that suffer problems in survivability rather than in dmg. Having said this I would still not recommend it if your killspeed would drop too far, for example if you were playing a Poison Necro with TO Gloves and Imp Boots Bartucs would cut your Damage too much.

If you are facing problems to get the whole items you need just gamble the exc magic/rare equivalent, upgrade it with a mod doll if required, use the cube recipes to make it unique/set and be happy. This may take some time since farming rare jools is pretty difficult and since there are averagely 2-3 uniques/set items with the same base-item. This of course will not work on uber uniques since they use special base items.

Offline Ramierez

• \,,\ >.< /,,/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 07:32:09 pm »
for example if you were playing a Poison Necro with TO Gloves and Imp Boots Bartucs would cut your Damage too much.

i wouldn't recommend bartucs for any necro, because bartucs casts frozen armor when you are hit and that makes the bone armor(which every necro should have) diappear.

zod runes in the shield or amulett also gives the 20% max resi, so its a way to keep 95% if your resis are high enough to switch away from bartucs

Offline Joni

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 07:55:09 pm »
Of course you're right about the Necro-Bartuc incident Ramirez.. It was just the fastest example I could come up with ;D

Talking about Resistances, Paladin has pretty good options of achieving those without Bartucs, too. Using the Travincal's shield and Amu socketed with Zod/Um helps a lot. Using Humility on the merch and a Shadowtrick with Um/Zod is also quite a good idea.

Offline ZenPdH

• my Votes: +55/-18
    • Poke This Member
    • http://chaosempire.info/forum/index.php/topic,4142.0.html
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 06:48:02 am »
i am low 80's
So it should be more helpfull to give examples of items he can actually wear, instead of throwing all the highend equipment at him. Beside that, i don't know why you recommend st or gd for a char that has res probs :blink:

I would say, go for for a rare armor with one-three res, which can get 4 sox (don't have to be elite) and socket rw chains of honor. If you want a uniq i would go for diablo's scale, but res could be pretty decent as well, then you have to socket um runes. The perfect armor for res probs should be naj's plate, but could get annoying to cube it (i tried allready 6 times without any luck).
It's just one of those days
Where you don't wanna wake up
Everything is f****d, everybody sucks.
You don't really know why
But you wanna justify rippin' someone's head off
No human contact
And if you interact your life is on contract
Your best bet is to stay away mo****f****r!
It's just one of those days!

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 01:37:34 pm »
Thanks much I will try and get bartucs and sokey with runes; thx much

My pally is FOH minor and holy bolt maxed; i spend a fair amount of time just lettimg my merc hammer away with the "morning" polearm and I holy bolt him to heal him... takes out everyone i have come across... damien etc just takes time to get them down once the merc starts tanking them and with crush.. they just go down

My necro is a summoner and some times the zoo gets nailed bad and I got to go recruit another squad; act 2 merc of course with prayer and in hell i will go fanta prob but dk if the zoo wil hold up in hell

My sorc is lighting and i am slowly getting some - light gear that is - to the monsters resists so hopefully this will help take out the light immunes or the merc gets them or i run away

Thanks again

Offline Joni

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 02:09:01 pm »
So it should be more helpfull to give examples of items he can actually wear, instead of throwing all the highend equipment at him. Beside that, i don't know why you recommend st or gd for a char that has res probs :blink:
Well lvling up to 88 shouldnt be a problem in LR. Thought of this as obvious after reading Ramirez Post.
Anyways you should max FoH and Holy Shock.. It will increase your killing speed against Bosses and so on drastically. Waiting for your merc to kill? Definitely not.
You can leave out Holy Shock and kill Bosses with Smite but I used FoH with my last Pala and well.. It is just way too strong. Prob use Smite with CB to get the boss low on health, then start FoH+Conv.

Offline Ramierez

• \,,\ >.< /,,/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 02:36:50 pm »
why aren't you using foh if you have it? foh+conv aura kills almost everything in a few blows

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 02:50:45 pm »
i dont know... i have not played d2 much lately and just got back into it after doing wow for 4 years as I am trying to get hyped up for d3...

i got some spare points so i will put some into conv and see how that goes...

thanks again... :)

Offline Ramierez

• \,,\ >.< /,,/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 03:32:43 pm »
well in CE FoH has changed a bit, the magic bolts dont attack only undead but every enemy now. And conv reduces ele,poison and magic resis of the enemies

• Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 11:46:58 am »

IK maul made it 6 sokey with gems :)

tried to make it etheral... it ate my ghost doll and did not become etheral... :(

oh well

any idea on how to cube and get the ik armor...

i just can not gamble that sucker...

i gambled the rest of the set but that armor I just can not get
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 11:49:28 am by camoste »

Offline Phoenix

• my Votes: +51/-14
  • Der allwissende Wanderer
    • Poke This Member
    • Mein Einwohnerpost
Re: Uber items please (IK Armor pls) can I cube it?
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 01:57:35 pm »
Should be SET instead of rare!
  |
  v
Rare Item Cube Recipe:
Baseitem (Sacred Armor in your case)  + 5 rare Jewels + random doll = Set Item

Indestructable items cannot be made etheral!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 11:45:29 pm by ZenPdH »