AuthorTopic: A question or two about the latest version  (Read 1717 times)

Offline DH2K6Topic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
    • Poke This Member
A question or two about the latest version
« on: August 15, 2006, 04:29:26 pm »
Hi, I just recently joined, and have enjoyed playing CE for quite a while, but after downloading the latest version (7.66 SP3). I have a few questions that I hope can be answered, because they are bugging me.

First, one of my favourite characters is the Amazon, and when I started to play, I was shocked to see what happened to her Dogde, Avoid and Evade skills, the percent chance for the first skill point is 1%, is it really meant to be that low, because unless I decide to dump in 20 skill points each (60 total), that would mean only around 20% chance, which is still low, is that a mistake, because if it isn't, you have killed off one of the Amazon's unique skills.

Second, What weapons do you mean for the Druid's new Weapon Mastery skills...it mentions 'Druids Hammer' and Clubs, does that include Maul's, since Mauls are a Druids main weapon (I think anyway), and I'm not sure whether it works with Mauls or not, I would like to know before wasting a lot of Skills points on a skill I'll never use. Another thing regarding the new Weapon Master skill for other characters, why is the Necro one for Wands, if a Necro decides to use a Wand, they wouldn't attack as much as one for Daggers, or is it you didn't want overpowered Necro's with a Dagger Mastery and Poision Dagger combined? Going back to the Amazon again, why does this have a Spear Mastery Skill, and not one for Bows, are you trying to tell everyone, to play as an Spear Amazon and not a Bow one, because you like the Spear more, seems like Favouritism to me.

Third, how do you make the Doll Stash again? :D

I think thats all the questions I needed to ask at the moment, I hope you'll answer my questions and put my mind at rest, but no matter what problems I have, I still like Chaos Empire.

Offline Fenris

• Inactive Member
  • my Votes: +83/-46
  • Unlimited Pool of Wisdom
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.trojahn.de
  • BattleTag: CashfCookies#2501
  • CE-Net Account: fenris
Re: A question or two about the latest version
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 05:18:12 pm »
as far as i know  there is a problem with the dodge-skills and the spit of acid beasts(if you stand in it with this skills skilled your will dodge voer and over again till you die and you cant attack), nobody skills these skills anymore(btw you know that you can skill up to 30 points into a skill?)

there is a knew spezial druid weapon
you can find it in the Itemlist
the mastery doesn´t work with mauls

first it was a dagger master, but nobody seemed to use it ( maybe because u can no use senses and all other weapons of this type with poison dagger )

do you know a weak bow amazon? no i don´t, but there are a lot of weak melee chars and the spear amazon is one of these. chaos tries do to a lot of things to make this chars stronger(like the teddy skills, you can find them in the itemlist under cube recipes-> teddy recipes)

btw there are a lot of chars  chaos doesn´t like, like the lightning fury sorc, but we are still able to play this character
and why? because chaos respects our opinion and well, that makes a good moder

two horardrim scrolls + wirrets leg(can be found in dark forrest)

mfg Fenris
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 05:32:26 pm by Wolf (Fenris) »
by chio:
Die Maßeinheit für spammen=1Fenris

Fingerpicker

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 06:37:37 pm »
s far as i know  there is a problem with the dodge-skills and the spit of acid beasts(if you stand in it with this skills skilled your will dodge voer and over again till you die and you cant attack),

A long discussed Problem that dont exist anymore.
If you run through several lavamaws every char gets delays..., and no one forces you to stand still in the spit of lavamaws.
I always skilled the passive three and never had problems with that, and i think its one of the reasons why my HC amas/javas reached a high level.

Offline DrowElf

• my Votes: +75/-14
    • Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
  • CE-Net Account: drow-elf (HC-only)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 07:13:42 pm »
First, one of my favourite characters is the Amazon, and when I started to play, I was shocked to see what happened to her Dogde, Avoid and Evade skills, the percent chance for the first skill point is 1%, is it really meant to be that low, because unless I decide to dump in 20 skill points each (60 total), that would mean only around 20% chance, which is still low, is that a mistake, because if it isn't, you have killed off one of the Amazon's unique skills.

Like written before you can put 30 points into every skill in this mod. And you will get very high amounts of +ama skills and +all skills, on this matter you can reach skilllevel 100 with the optimum equip and this high number of additional skills is the reason why you start so low.

When you play your Amazon you will see how your chances for these skills increases fast.