AuthorTopic: mod still not working  (Read 1837 times)

Offline WidowMakerTopic starter

• my Votes: +2/-1
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
mod still not working
« on: April 30, 2006, 05:54:38 pm »
ok ce , we have tried every idea that everyone has posted satye still not have working version . I downloaded dropped in file and works great but his still not working
? we zipped files from my computer to his,,,not working! we copied and emailed files to his from mine  not working!!!!! tried complete new downloads several times still no go,,,,, so we did complete wipe and new download like he never had ce on computer, downloaded new version and it tried to open the disc appeared turning  like loading game then just quits!!! we are both quite frustrated,,satye more than me,,,he is about at the point of quiting completly because he so frustrated,,he can play his acct. from my computer but that really defeats the purpose!!! we play ce together thats why we like the game,,,if he quits and plays different game ,then I will follow ,we do not wish to play another mod we like ce..we have played from start and wish to continue ,,,someone please help before that happens!! we spend alot of time playing here and enjoy it..but we are close to the end of our rope as to how to correct problem? and please remember we are not computer experts at programs and stuff so explain as simple as possible please!  any thing else we can try before we lose our minds and our favorite mod
?

Offline mrmud

• my Votes: +2/-0
  • The Wonderful Mr_Mud
    • Poke This Member
Re: mod still not working
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 09:05:38 pm »
@Satye ...... hang in there ......
I had trouble at first .... did you start with 7.65, than 7.66, than w/sp1?, move patch.txt to desktop,uninstall 7.66sp2 (or sp1), move back patch.txt into d2 folder, install 7.66 sp3 (full version)????

a solution has to work!!!!!!!!
Schlamm ist eine wundervalle Form des SpaBes.
As the winter day goes by and rain sinks into the ground, behold the wonder of Mud, so simple yet so complex, it is just how you mold it .... splat!

"Sing auf Seraph. Finden Sie die Ruhe in die Seele.
     Bringen uns näher an die Flamme, dass führt uns zu Hause. "

Seraph wird in dem Song "The Flame Die Guides Us Home" von der Band Demon Hunter von ihrem Album "Triptychon".

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 10:22:52 pm »
i thaught everything is fine, after he didnt talk any longer about the issue

so for the moment i need an information, whats now working, what not..

also i m wondering about the issue, if you copied the folder from your to his pc

does he have other tools installed than you? other antispy, antivirus scanner...
i need to understand the issue, to find a solution..

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

Offline WidowMakerTopic starter

• my Votes: +2/-1
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 01:29:41 am »
ok got 765 up and running can get him to lobby have never got 766 to run for some reason...when i download zip i can open and drop files in  no problem but when he opens zip file it doesnt show text or files it shows a computer and no way to open it to get files to drop in  any ideas
? i dont understand why my zip will open to files and his doesnt his opens to exe and a picture of a monitor comes up
?
Postet at: May 01, 2006, 12:41:34 am
ok got 765 running and in lobby ,,sp1 running in lobby. sp2 up running in lobby we are working on 766 now wish us luck
Postet at: May 01, 2006, 12:54:13 am
ok we got 766 to run  766 sp1 running when we try to go to 766 sp2 it just locks up and gives errors it wont deactivate ,run , or do any thing and it wont let us delete it either so the problem starts with 766 sp2,,,and we havent figured out why or how to get it to work

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 03:03:46 pm »
@satye and widowmaker: If he open the downloaded file and only sees a monitor, I think to ask if his file associations are scrambled, or if he doesn't have winzip.  When winzip is installed, you can right-click on the monitor and select "open with".  Select WinZip as the program to open a zip file, and select the checkbox for "always use".  Now he should be able to see the 7.66sp3.exe in the opened zip file.  Can we get this far?

Offline satye

• my Votes: +3/-2
    • Poke This Member
    • http://n/a
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 02:06:01 am »
Mod is up and running, it was a software issue on my computer

Thx all
Close the doors, put out the lights, you know we won't be home tonight. We're wearing steel that's bright and true. We hold No quarter, We give No quarter. Cause Demons mock our every step.

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 11:36:36 am »
a ad and spyware detecting tool, thaughts that opening a website automatically is a bad thing..and it needed an exclusion rule entry

fixed

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012