AuthorTopic: The Butcher  (Read 2280 times)

Offline DarkkatgirlTopic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
    • Poke This Member
    • Inhabitant Info
The Butcher
« on: March 12, 2006, 05:53:15 pm »
How the heck to you kill him now?  I mean he is alot harder then his d1 counter part and seems to be a bit high level for act I cat 4 in normal.  How do you kill him without dying (I even tried to drink one of those potions that give you 5k health for a couple min but he still kills me in a couple of hits).   

Sorry if this has been brought up already.

Great mod btw ^.^
無秩序帝国r 。I.p. 4 月19 日、 2006 年

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
Re: The Butcher
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 05:55:14 pm »
dont open the door until you are at least act4...

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

• Poke This Member
    • Inhabitant Info
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 06:07:53 pm »
Hehe did that with a lvl 31 barb (concentrate / mace) who just killed Nilithak in norm.  Butcher turned him into hamburger lol.  Best luck I had on him was with a lvl 21 zon who just ran in circles jusing plague jav on him.  Got him to about 52% health before he kept healing.  Prevent monster heal is now top on my list of item properties to get  ^.^

Ill try him again once I beat baal.

Offline Nogonoma

• my Votes: +1/-0
    • Poke This Member
    • More about me..
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 07:17:16 pm »
I killed him on my way to Andariel :)
But with a Psy - Asn, there´s not too much about it ;)
Zahme Vögel singen von der Freiheit, wilde Vögel fliegen...

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 12:18:04 am »
psy assa is able to kill around lvl17 cause of stun lock but this is not the normal level for ll other characters

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

• Poke This Member
    • Inhabitant Info
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 06:41:47 am »
Ok, my zon made it through normal and is now doing nightmare.  The butcher still can kill her and a lvl 12 Valk with 14 decoy bonus in normal like they were nothing!

Why is he so hard?  He shouldnt be in normal and in act I if he could kill Baal, Meph, and diablo all at once in seconds.

Speaking of Baal, I cant go back and fight him when I went back to normal.  Is this a bug or intended?

in SP4, could you make him like normal level for that area (so a person lvl 15-20 with charsi purchased equip can kill him like he was in d1) or make his cleaver be UBER thx ^.^

Still love the mod even tho butcher is overpowered :-p.

Also im looking for a few good men to help me go through the new quest in normal.

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 03:22:39 pm »
Knockback and a strafe speed of 4 or better, you should be able to keep the Butcher in stun-lock
He's level 55 in Normal, so if you're lower level than that, hitting him is not guaranteed.
The Butcher and King Leoric are "get back to you later" targets.

I don't have trouble doing Baal as often as I please... what is the "can't go farther" point you run into?

• Poke This Member
    • Inhabitant Info
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 04:03:28 pm »
The stuck point is after I slay the Minions of Destruction, my zon will not run up the steps to go into portal to chase baal.  Its like there is an invisible wall (or my zon just forgot how to use stairs :-p) at the base of the steps by the portal.

And level 55?  I was guessing 60, least I wasnt too far off hehe.  I am a strafe zon I my strafe is level 16 at the moment and I have knockback, monster flee 100%, poison, slows target 50%, freezes target, and prevent monster heal per hit.  Between that and my Valk, I can get him sorta pinned (been trying to knockback/lock him) against the outside of his chamber wall but he kills my valk so fast I keep having to recast her every 3 seconds.

Hehe he just seems like overkill for normal, but I bet he could make diablo wear a satin tub top and hot pants lol.

Also what level should I be before I try to do the new act in normal (piece of cake)? Level 40ish?

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 05:56:31 pm »
The stuck point is after I slay the Minions of Destruction, my zon will not run up the steps to go into portal to chase baal.  Its like there is an invisible wall (or my zon just forgot how to use stairs :-p) at the base of the steps by the portal.

Hmmm... I do this all the time...  As soon as Mr Happy takes his uber-laughter through the door, I can follow.

And level 55?  I was guessing 60, least I wasnt too far off hehe.  I am a strafe zon I my strafe is level 16 at the moment and I have knockback, monster flee 100%, poison, slows target 50%, freezes target, and prevent monster heal per hit.  Between that and my Valk, I can get him sorta pinned (been trying to knockback/lock him) against the outside of his chamber wall but he kills my valk so fast I keep having to recast her every 3 seconds.
This sounds like you're doing things correctly, the only thing to add is Crushing Blow (from the Shattering Blow breastplate, perhaps).  What does your merc have for gear?
Hehe he just seems like overkill for normal, but I bet he could make diablo wear a satin tub top and hot pants lol.
*sigh* the NM Butcher can likewise bitch-slap the NM Diablo into wearing a tutu and heels.
Also what level should I be before I try to do the new act in normal (piece of cake)? Level 40ish?
50.  The easy way to tell: After killing a monster (e.g. Fallen in the Blood Moor) pick up any item they drop, even a cracked sash, and check the Item Level.  That's how I know Mr Butcher is 55.  Stay within 5 of the Item Level, because you don't get full experience otherwise.