AuthorTopic: Dream  (Read 3526 times)

Offline arcadiansTopic starter

• my Votes: +4/-4
  • Chaos core community
    • Poke This Member
Dream
« on: December 17, 2005, 02:37:02 pm »
Ave just started a new sorceress and i would like to know if dream still gives 15 to holy shock?
In all my travels i have seen neither a vision or heard a secret that will damn my soul and at over 400 years i believe my self to be the oldest living vampire        -interview with a vampire-

Somewhere south of nowwhere south of nothing
-location-

thanks for all the fish
-hitchikers guide to the galaxy-

even the smallest man can change the course of the future     -Lord of the Rings-

Offline Jiiek

• my Votes: +4/-3
    • Poke This Member
    • Das OWL Indiependance-Board
Re: Dream
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 02:42:09 pm »
Look here

http://chaosempire.info/items/rune.php?code=helm#runewords

Dream
Lvl req: 65
Shields/Helms    
Io + Jah + Pul
3 Socket
   10% Chance to cast Level 15 Confuse when struck
Level 15 Holy Shock Aura when equipped
20% - 30% Faster Hit Recovery
150 - 220 to Defense
0.63 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
All Resistances 5% - 20%
15% - 25% Better Chance to Getting Magic Items
10 to Vitality
5% Increased Maximum Life
30% Enhanced Defense

Offline arcadiansTopic starter

• my Votes: +4/-4
  • Chaos core community
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 05:39:05 pm »
k thanks just sometimes  those are not correct if any minor item changes have been made
In all my travels i have seen neither a vision or heard a secret that will damn my soul and at over 400 years i believe my self to be the oldest living vampire        -interview with a vampire-

Somewhere south of nowwhere south of nothing
-location-

thanks for all the fish
-hitchikers guide to the galaxy-

even the smallest man can change the course of the future     -Lord of the Rings-

Offline Bubonous

• my Votes: +1/-0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 09:57:52 am »
I thought I'd add that if you equip a dream helm, dream shield, and a Bowel Twister (unique harpoon) you will get a level 39 to 45 holy shock aura.  With the benefit of a sorceress' lightning mastery the damage from the pulse alone is substantial.  Cows in normal difficulty die before you get to them unless they are hiding behind a corner.

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 05:33:48 pm »
I thought I'd add that if you equip a dream helm, dream shield, and a Bowel Twister (unique harpoon) you will get a level 39 to 45 holy shock aura.  With the benefit of a sorceress' lightning mastery the damage from the pulse alone is substantial.  Cows in normal difficulty die before you get to them unless they are hiding behind a corner.

'when equipped' don't boost or get boosted by other items... the higher aura rules like multiple paladins with the same aura at different levels.  Your H.S. will be level 15 from the equip set listed.  The lightning mastery comment is correct.

Offline Phoenix

• my Votes: +51/-14
  • Der allwissende Wanderer
    • Poke This Member
    • Mein Einwohnerpost
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 07:43:50 pm »
No Webwalker you are wrong. Several Items with the same Aura "when equipped" add their levels. So you can reach Level 39-45 Holy Shock (2x Level 15 from Dream and Level 9-15 from Bowel Twister) like Steve said.

Offline webwalker

• Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 09:43:21 pm »
No Webwalker you are wrong. Several Items with the same Aura "when equipped" add their levels. So you can reach Level 39-45 Holy Shock (2x Level 15 from Dream and Level 9-15 from Bowel Twister) like Steve said.

That would be Good News!  I've heard what seems to be the contrary (aura when equipped stuff can't be increased by e.g. +skills stuff)

However, I'm compelled to admit my personal tests on this are incomplete.

(I hope I'm wrong!  Anybody got a test method that shows conclusively one way or the other?)

Offline Bubonous

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 04:03:46 am »
Equipped one Ring of Engagement with level 1 Might aura and damage displayed went up, including minimum damage (ring adds to max damage).  Equipped a second Ring of Engagement and minimum damage went up again.

Equipped Dream helm in normal/piece of cake difficulty and things didn't even take damage until they got well on screen.  Weapon swapped to add Dream shield and Bowel Twister and cows well died off screen after one or two pulses.  Double Dream Enchantress is one of the builds used by the rich on BNet.  I used this to collect a couple hundred souls in a fairly short amount of time.

Equipped Mephisto's Claw on merc and moved him to middle of cows.  Cows were only slowed at short range.  Added a Chiad's Halo ring and the range improved a bit.  I would like a second ring to give him a level 14 holy freeze instead of level 10, but I just haven't found a second yet.

Equipping Knight's Vigil body armor, belt, and shield should give level 24 to level 36 Meditation aura.

Also in case you didn't know, any property that adds % to elemental damage gets applied to melee attacks damage calculations (but not ranged) in addition to being applied to the elemental skills.  Enchant in melee does much more fire damage for a sorceress than at range.  Similarly the lightning damage from Dream is much higher for a sorceress in melee than with a bow.  Of course melee is much riskier, so I normally use strafe and just switch to melee to finish off act bosses quickly.

I really wish I could change my forum avatar name to what I intended (Bubonous).  I got used to it that way at other D2 sites.

Offline webwalker

• Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 03:06:58 pm »
Equipping Knight's Vigil body armor, belt, and shield should give level 24 to level 36 Meditation aura.
Please clue me in... what belt types can have 4 sockets?  (I'm interested in learning)!
Also in case you didn't know, any property that adds % to elemental damage gets applied to melee attacks damage calculations (but not ranged) in addition to being applied to the elemental skills. 
I've been wrong enough... "the elemental skills"... does this include Cold Arow?  Fireball?  A PSapphire in my ring?  Fists of Fire (it's melee, but is it 'elemental skill' also)?
Enchant in melee does much more fire damage for a sorceress than at range.  Similarly the lightning damage from Dream is much higher for a sorceress in melee than with a bow.  Of course melee is much riskier, so I normally use strafe and just switch to melee to finish off act bosses quickly.

I really wish I could change my forum avatar name to what I intended (Bubonous).  I got used to it that way at other D2 sites.

Offline Bubonous

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 04:28:26 pm »
Please clue me in... what belt types can have 4 sockets?  (I'm interested in learning)!
Doh!  Well that will teach me to regurgitate stuff from the itemlist without checking to see if it makes sense.  Well the site does list the runeword under the all helms, body armors, and belts category and then in the description lists it as working in all armors/shields and then defines "all armors" as "This covers ALL forms of Armor both normal or class-specific : Helms & Circlets, Body Armor, Boots ,Belts and Gloves if made Socketed."  I tried socketing some boots and gloves, but for some reason it just wouldn't work for me.   ;)  So make that Knight's Vigils body armor and shield for level 16 to 24 Meditation.  Of if one accepts the runeword description blindly: helm, body armor, boots, belt, and gloves for level 40 to 60 Meditation.

I've been wrong enough... "the elemental skills"... does this include Cold Arow?  Fireball?  A PSapphire in my ring?  Fists of Fire (it's melee, but is it 'elemental skill' also)?
Cold arrow would get a single boost from +% cold damage.  Fireball would get a single boost from +% fire damage.  A PSapphire in your ring or on your weapon would not benefit at all if you are using a ranged weapon attack (bow, crossbow, javelin, throwing) but would benefit from one application of +% cold damage when you attack in melee.  I'm not real familiar with fists of fire, but I believe all three charge levels get at least one application of +% fire damage and the first charge may get a second application because the fire damage is carried on a weapon in melee.

Let me illustrate with enchant using hypothetical numbers.

Base enchant damage before fire mastery and +%fire damage: 100
Fire mastery + item granted +% fire damage at time of casting enchant: +250%
Fire mastery + item granted +% fire damage at time of striking: +175%
Enchant damage as calculated on skill tree page at time of casting enchant: 100 * (1.00 + 2.50) = 350
Enchant damage carried on ranged weapon hit: 350
Enchant damage carried on melee weapon hit: 350 * (1.00 + 1.75) = 962.5

If that isn't complicated enough for you, fire damage from whatever source (enchant, charms, equipment) is carried on both the arrow and explosion of exploding arrow.  The same goes for cold damage and freezing arrow.

Minions do not benefit at all from your +% elemental damage or -% enemy resistance.  This includes the assassin's traps that fire X times (all of the traps except fire blast and shock web) and the fire golem.  It used to include the sorceress' hydra spell until Blizzard coded a fix for that specific skill.  Corpse explosion also does not benefit from +% fire damage or -% enemy fire resistance, though conviction and lower resist still work for improving the fire damage actually dealt.

Offline webwalker

• Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 04:45:17 pm »
Doh!  I tried socketing some boots and gloves, but for some reason it just wouldn't work for me.   ;) 
Doesn't work for me either!  *howl*  *whine* *whimper*
Cold arrow would get a single boost from +% cold damage.  Fireball would get a single boost from +% fire damage. 
Let me illustrate with enchant using hypothetical numbers.

Woof!  I wish the "damage screen" (hit 'o') for your merc told the truth acurately, and that the 'a' screen had one more panel: show your damage broken down by type.
If that isn't complicated enough for you, fire damage from whatever source (enchant, charms, equipment) is carried on both the arrow and explosion of exploding arrow.  The same goes for cold damage and freezing arrow.
Meaning your target gets damaged twice: impact and area-of-effect... unless there is a 'next delay' on the attack type.
Minions do not benefit at all from your +% elemental damage or -% enemy resistance. 
unless you Enchant them (skellies, "slain revive as Returned", golem, convert monsters, etc).  I've never tried to enchant a necro Revive or a paladin/assassin Convert.  Would the effect apply?  Would the effect wear of the milisecond the conversion did?

Offline Bubonous

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2005, 04:33:14 am »
I've never tried to enchant a necro Revive or a paladin/assassin Convert.  Would the effect apply?  Would the effect wear of the milisecond the conversion did?
You can enchant revives.  I'm not sure about converts.  I imagine it would work.  They used to carry a paladin's thorns aura and then keep that aura for a couple of seconds after unconverting.  I fear they might stay enchanted.  Maybe I'll test it.