Hello,
I installed the new version of mod (7.74) to Diablo 1.13d. I got the same issue as here: New Version, New Ladder, New Characters 7.74/2013 (http://chaosempire.eu/forum/index.php?topic=30880.55;wap2) (exactly the same, i changed files names and it went exactly the same). I deleted all files with .ce, then I ran setup (w/o deinstalling) and activated (with success). Unfortunately I cannot run the game, w/o admin rights there is problem with d2patch.mpq - corrupted file (Clean D2 worked fine). And with admin right nothing happens.
I had no problems with playing version 7.73c, but After sometime I couldn't play longer my char (ACCESS_VIOLATION during enetering the world) - I thought new version will fix it.
BTW: I played with my friends on the Lanparty (me and 5 other players) and there was a problem with entering other players' portals. Does any1 know this issue?
Post Merge: October 28, 2013, 03:51:50 PM
Well, The problem is solved. I changed game ver to 1.11b and the game is running.