Chaos Empire D2 + LOD Mod

Computer-Games => International Support => Topic started by: Finaop on December 19, 2004, 07:29:25 PM

Title: Please help
Post by: Finaop on December 19, 2004, 07:29:25 PM
I recently got this mod, and have a few questions.

1. What are dolls for? I have 3 of them and they are cool to keep and start collecting, but it seems there is more of a use for them.

2. What is oil for? I broke on egg in the cube and got Blacksmith Oil, and also found Oil of Accuracy, Fortiude, and one i forget.

Thanks! :axeman:  
Title: Please help
Post by: ChaosEmpire on December 19, 2004, 07:36:22 PM
1. see recipes in readme
2. press H in game
Title: Please help
Post by: Finaop on December 19, 2004, 11:09:57 PM
One more question

What are mysterious scrolls for? Sorry if i missed something in the readme

And many thanks
Title: Please help
Post by: Phosgen on December 19, 2004, 11:42:38 PM
For info on the srolls just read this thread: klick me (http://ce.grimms.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=2176)

MfG
Phosgen
Title: Please help
Post by: jbtilley on December 20, 2004, 01:30:02 PM
I've asked these questions in the past few days, I'll try to answer:

1) Dolls.  Eventually you will find a doll stash to put them in.  You really don't get bonuses from certain kinds of dolls, I think the bonuses you get depends on the ammount of dolls stored in the stash.  I have seen a screen shot of someone that had 1500+ dolls in the stash and I didn't see any bonuses that I would jump up and down for after finding that many dolls.

What I plan on doing is collecting one of each kind of doll and just keep it in my regular stash as a collection.   I don't think you can see dolls once you have put them in the doll stash, so I'm keeping my collection outside where I can see it.  I will throw my duplicates in the stash though.

Certain dolls can be placed in the cube to create a tome that gives 7.5 million in experience.  This can boost a starting character to level 30 in one click.  Certain dolls can also be placed in the cube with a rare amulet.  Doing this will create an amulet that transforms you into that creature while you wear the amulet.  You will be a weakened version of that creature (you can't go hog wild as Diablo) because doing that slows the servers down considerably.

2)  The oil can be placed in the cube with a weapon to give the weapon a boost in stats.  What each oil does is somewhere in the README.  Personally I am saving all the oil for the uber weapons rather than using them all up on the crummy weapons in the beginning of the game.  I figure by the time I get a decent weapon in Hell difficulty I'll have 100s of really good oils to use on them to make them that much better.
Title: Please help
Post by: ChaosEmpire on December 20, 2004, 01:42:14 PM
It is also a good ideo to oil small starter weapons, cause req are not increased, i saw a starting bow with more then 50 min dmg...
Title: Please help
Post by: Finaop on December 21, 2004, 02:14:43 AM
Thanks much for all the info...

And hey, do you know which dolls can make the book for millions of exp? Or which dolsl will work for transforming?

I dont know if those are questions that count at spoliers and arent allowed to be answerd, if so lemme know and ill get a list started for myself.
Title: Please help
Post by: ChaosEmpire on December 21, 2004, 08:08:43 AM
read the readme