Hello, I played this last year and want to play it again. I reinstalled Diablo, and I have the 1.10 patch. When I try activating Chaos Empire (769.exe) it always says there is a missing file, either ChaosEmpire.ce or bnclient.dll or other diablo dlls. I check the folders and the files it says are missing are all there, I have been trying for about a day now to get it working but it wont work, I looked at the Installing FAQ, tried everything. Still is not working.
Posted on: October 03, 2009, 11:22:45 PM
Also I have reinstalled Diablo maybe 5 times, and I did Run as Administrator (Vista) when I run 769.exe.
is there a chaosempire.dll and a chaosempire.ce?
There is a ChaosEmpire.MPQ, ChaosEmpire.CE and ChaosEmpire.EXE. Also when I run the game the DLL's usually turn into .CE files, is that normal?
no this is not normal
ChaosEmpire.MPQ - part of the mod
ChaosEmpire.CE - will rename in chaosempire.dll when mod active
ChaosEmpire.EXE - the activator/ deactivator
To start CE just use the Diablo.exe oder the game.exe
I ran game.exe and diablo.exe, but they seem to just run normal Diablo. How can I activate CE? It always says there is a missing file, but they all seem to be there.
Posted on: October 04, 2009, 12:42:30 AM
The DLLS also disappear sometimes.
Posted on: October 04, 2009, 01:02:02 AM
I reinstalled CE, all the Diablo 2 DLLS turned into CE files again.
Posted on: October 04, 2009, 01:05:01 AM
Attempting to activate seems to cause DLL to turn into CE also.
.ce will turn into dll or some others, when you activate
the normal extensions turn into .org
seems that you have had some parts of another installation, best would be a clean up
delete all .ce and .or files
and overwrite the rest with the files in the 1.10 repair package from ftp
I already did that. I even tried old versions, activator not working saying I have a missing file. Updated those versions, same thing. This keeps happening to me, I dont understand why though, the file it says is missing is right under it in the folder.