Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: Diablo Clone and extra questions!!!  (Read 5162 times)

Offline scat35Topic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
Diablo Clone and extra questions!!!
« on: October 31, 2005, 03:48:48 am »
Hi,have racked up quite a few more questions and once again your help is greatly appreciated.Also mainly my wife and i play open together at home and never venture onto realms ect(but will be playing 4 player via ip soon)as this info will be revelant to some of my questions.
1.What would be a normal level to get into nightmare,currently we just done the dungeon and are at lvl 43 as this seems high for where we are?
2.We also killed the diablo clone and he only dropped some average uniques?is his drops random if we kill him again in normal will it be worthwhile?
3.Do we have to complete the sinners cavern in last lvl of dungeon in order to get the black key to do cow lvl or will baal drop one also at the end of act5?(Got our butt whipped in there,also couldnt use each others town portal in the dungeon even though we were partied?
4.Kinda rushed through act 3 cause it was becoming very easy and wanted to get further in order to find more challenge and seemed to have missed damien,where is he normally at?
5.After getting though all the forums havent come across any disscussion on the amazon,im a bowazon myself.Do you think that this character cant be built well enough to survive in hell?
6.Im running the 7.63 version and how found the hive waypoint on my waypoints in act 1.Is this functioning yet or have i just missed it(went through the portal at tristram and got butt whipped once again!decided to come back to it later:)
7.My wife is a sorceress(no not in real life!!!)is her character able to do well in hell,the reason for these questions is that we dont want to spend all our time building these characters to find by the time we get to hell we have to start again!
8.Does magic find help you in gamble?
9.How does shared stash work,whenever i put something in there my wife cant see it in her shared stash page?
Phew I think thats it for now!!!!
Once again thanks for all your help guys and a big thanks to you chaos for making diablo feel brand new again
P.S as i havent played online much i have trouble understanding all the abbreviated lingo for items ect  :)

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
Re: Diablo Clone and extra questions!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 04:01:53 am »
1. lvl 43 in nightmare is totally normal in ce, you can do cows till 50 if you want to :)

2. yes clone drop is random, he nearly always drops uniques so in sp/lan it seems not so bad killing him some times to get some uniques

3. to get the key you have to kill the ancient diablo in the sinners cavern. not being able to use a town portal usually means you didn't finish a quest it's one of CE's special anti-rush-features^^

4. damien is in the swampy pit lvl 3 (the dungeon at the flayer jungle wp)

5. actually there are too much discussions on the bowazon as i see it but they are mostly in german :) but i can assure you this character is totally playable

6. the hive wp can be used, you have to take the portal in tristram and go through the area (don't know the name right now) into the hive, you will find the wp there, but i wouldn't go there with too low lvl

7. sorc is playable in hell of course actually nearly every built can be played in ce with the right equip

8. no :)

9. shared stash only works for you characters it's mainly for muling in sp between your different characters

hopr i could help :)

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 04:19:11 am »
Congrats on a shared hobby!  I'm skipping questions where I agree with  Olfmo's answers and don't have more to add.

2: Diablo clone (in Hell mode, S.P.) dropped 6 Annihilus charms for me.

4: Suggestion: go kill Damien AFTER you've gotten Ancient Diablo, and The Butcher, and Leoric, in that same difficulty.

7: Right Equip and Right Skill Choice make every class hell-capable, but there are caveats (summoner Druid is a No-Go), and lots of learning and experimenting should be accepted.

8: Only thing affecting gamble is character level.  If you start the game with -act5 command line switch, this will allow you to create a brand-new level 95 character, use it to gamble.

9: Your shared stash is on the hard drive.  If you and your wife have networked machines, and "share" the 'save' subdirectory (exists on one machine but is visible on both) then your share file is her share file (only one at a time, take turns).

I hope we've helped.

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 04:53:17 am »
Thanks guys have learnt so much from this forum,may have some more questions when my memory functions a little better and welcome everyones opinion Cheers :)

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 09:40:26 am »
I only want to suggest to play on realm, cause of trouble with local IP games
Sometimes there are connectionissues, and dont forget the first one never should leave the game.-..

Probably you should give the realm a try, and check if ping delay would be ok...
you can try it on europe, or on asia realm..

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 11:53:13 am »
Well chaos so far out tcp/ip between the 2 computers is working perfect,as for the realm aside from connection issues playing a 4 player game over the net via a ip with ping as such wouldnt it be better doing the ip that only has to travel abot 10kms rather than through to asia then back to w.australia?anyway dont want to debate the pro`s and cons with you :) as my computer knowledge is rather limited :)  once again thanks :)

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 12:16:51 pm »
heee
if i will get a hand on a root server in australia, i will setup a game server special for australia...
I know about the main reason for bnet projects like pvpgn..and the bad pings from australia to many other countries

soif ou willfind somene with dedicated fixed ipserver,.or you have a machine with enough upstream and 24h online..i will implement a new realm... special for australia

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 03:24:06 pm »
Sounds great mate but at this stage that setup is a bit out of reach for me and unfortuately anyone i know,am going to a lan party of about 200 in a week or so and am goin to be showing this mod around there thanks anyway
I hate to ask obvious questions but am stuck again :) .Have just got the black key and have been trying to create the cow lvl,i have read what previous posts have said (have key from normal lvl,am in normal lvl trying to cube a tome of town portal with the black key and wirts legs and nothing happens? am trying to do this in the rogue encampent with no joy! is there a specific place to do this? also i have finished all quests in normal. thanks for your patience

Offline DrowElf

• my Votes: +75/-14
    • Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
  • CE-Net Account: drow-elf (HC-only)
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 03:50:12 pm »
... have key from normal lvl,am in normal lvl trying to cube a tome of town portal with the black key and wirts legs and nothing happens? am trying to do this in the rogue encampent with no joy! is there a specific place to do this? also i have finished all quests in normal. thanks for your patience

You have to cube it at the rogue encampment.

But the parts to cube, are wrong.

You need only a scroll of townportal and the black tower key.

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 03:58:23 pm »
200 people..looking to CE..it would be fine, if we will get them for playing on CE REalm..probably someone has a dedicated server for better pings, if not..europe realm would be happy to get more players :) and users in forum

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 04:42:59 pm »
Thanks Drow-Elf, er yes chaos am gonna spread the word as much as i can about your mod and multi-play it at this upcoming lan will hopefully get some more exposure as for myself the way i came across your mod was i posted in a diablo 2 site asking if there was anyway to get the ubers,clone ect without having to play on b.net,and i was given the name of this mod,also was very pleased on your stance on cheating.Hopefully will start getting some more aussies onto this site and i wont be alone anymore :)

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 05:06:59 pm »
i remember another player from australia..need to search.but i remeber that there was someone else

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 04:18:03 am »
Am still concerned about how fast you level up(Just done cow lvl and am lvl 51 now,havent even begun on nightmare level)Do you slow down leveling up into nightmare and then onto hell?
Also done the hive,but am confused of its purpose(all the inanimate guys below and the temple area on top seems endless and doesnt map out or is that just me?
Once again thanks :)

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 04:55:33 am »
the hive isn't done yet :)

expect it to be soon some versions ahead

about the leveling: if you stay in areas with +-5 monsterlvl you will level very good

up to lvl 90 it's quite easy (maybe 93/94 if you are doing them in nightmare) but after that it really takes long :)

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 05:09:18 am »
Ok thanks it makes a bit more sense now :)

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2005, 08:12:49 am »
the intention was to give standard player a chance to get high level characters

if you would really be big..you have to live in last difficulty...and if you play every area fine, you normally should reach ~lvl95 at baal...

if you want to get higher...you need to optimize everything, and play the dungeon, worldstone and more high exp areas..

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2005, 12:47:05 pm »
Well thanks for taking the time out to clear that up for me guys,well apart from you making my wife a kinder surprise addict(i dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing yet) :) :)

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2005, 02:46:16 pm »
Now you know how to wrap her Christmas presents!

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2005, 03:11:44 pm »
Just gotta build a stash to put them in under the tree!!