AuthorTopic: I need some help please.  (Read 1366 times)

Offline flamingpyroxxxTopic starter

• my Votes: +0/-1
  • CE Europe
    • Poke This Member
I need some help please.
« on: August 28, 2005, 11:33:25 pm »
Ok heres the deal...When I try to start up diablo II (either CE or 1.11) the screen blinks once like going in the game, then it goes back to the last opened folder or page and zooms in by like 5. My mouse dies at that point too, but I can still tab around the different items. I decided to run the video test again, after disabling and reenabling CE and restarting the computer numerous times. The video test didnt work...when it got to Direct3d it shut down and zoomed in again. I restarted comp, this time disabling the checking of Direct3D. I ran the test again...at DirectDraw this time it did the same as Direct3D. I decided i should try reinstalling DirectX, so i went to microsofts website and got DirectX 9.0c or whatever the newest one is. I installed it, and tried the video test again..didn't work. I tried running CE and 1.11 again...didn't work. So, after installing the newest directx, restarting the comp too many times i dont remember anymore (im guessing around 15-20) and doing everything i can think of, i need some help. The one thing i didn't do though, is reinstall diablo II and ce again, because i dont have most of the discs here (only exp, the rest are at my other house) so is there any way i can get this to work without reinstalling D2? Thanks for reading this and helping.

Offline Clordes

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
Re: I need some help please.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 11:37:58 pm »
The zooming should be a problem with your resolution not changing back when you close diablo II (chances are your desktop resolution is 1028X760 and diablo is running at either 680X480 or 800X600). You should try updating your video card drivers. It shouldn't be a problem of directx, because Diablo II should be functional with fairly old DirectX drivers, seeing as it is an old game in itself.

• CE Europe
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 11:53:33 pm »
well im running 800 x 600 and it zooms in like 640 x 480 or closer maybe. But where can i update my video card drivers?

[EDIT] Ok i found out that if i run it in windowed mode, it works. But i still need to find out how to update my video card drivers because that might make it work for fullscreen.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 12:12:21 am by flamingpyroxxx »

Offline Clordes

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 05:47:11 am »
well, whats your video card? A good visit to your company's website will net you the latest set of drivers.

• CE Europe
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 03:12:27 am »
Newest Update: I downloaded the new video card drivers and tried to install them...of course they go in fullscreen mode also so i cant install them..at least one of them. I got one of the two files to install, but it still doesnt work. I installed a virus protector also and ran it and found no viruses, so i dont see a virus problem at all...this is BS