Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: Just some feedback and a couple of questions  (Read 10500 times)

Offline DrowElf

• my Votes: +75/-14
    • Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
  • CE-Net Account: drow-elf (HC-only)
Re: Just some feedback and a couple of questions
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2005, 10:29:21 am »
The Dungeon is a new area in ChaosEmpire. The entrance can be found when you meet Nilathak in act 5.

The Seven is a new area, too, The entrance can be found within the town of act 5, between Larzuk and Anja.

No they are different.
You can find the Diablo Clone at the 3 lavacaves of act 5, just take the portals - he can be in one of these 3 caves, but sometimes he isn´t in the game at all.
The Ancient Diablo is in the last level of the Dungeon (see above).

All cube recipes can be found in the Wiki, just follow the link in my signature.

I think you mean the WorldEvent Diablo Clone, it´s like in normal LoD, you can sell Stones of Jorden (only the +1 Version) to merchants and sometimes it comes a message "Diablo walks on earth" - go to a superunique Boss in Hell and you meet him.

A GubbelGubbel is a item, like the book of wisdom, which gives your Character Experience when you eat him (right click), but the Experience is lower than a book of wisdom, i think 2,5 Mio. Experience. He can be dropped by all enemies with a high monsterlevel.

Last but not least, please use the search function, and read the sticky thread called Welcome. Many of your questions has been answered in the past. ;)

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2005, 12:07:31 pm »
#5 the soj with +2 skills has been removed, as far as i remember...

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

Offline SoulisickTopic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2005, 09:14:04 am »
Thanks for the info. I am curious..I took a look at the 16 lvl dungeon and I am wondering if YOUR SERIOUS?? That place makes Hell look like a cruise stop on the way to Cancun...wtf? Is there a way to fight through there and live or is it just if you have the patients enough to fight your way down while trying to find your last corpse?? lol..I mean..wow...that place is like walmart the day after thanksgiving..Anyone have Any advice on that place?? And also..Chimera seems to have a bug where he gets caught in the wall and doesn't drop...I am sure you know this but I just found it..thought I would just say.
Oh yeah...Where is writs leg?? lol

Offline DrowElf

• Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2005, 09:53:17 am »
Wirrets Legs is still in Tristram, but you must search. His body has moved, it was to cold on the open ground. ;)

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2005, 03:45:26 pm »
I took a look at the 16 lvl dungeon and I am wondering if YOU'RE SERIOUS?? That place makes Hell look like a cruise stop on the way to Cancun!
Well, it sounds like you found the right place.
Is there a way to fight through there and live or is it just if you have the patience enough to fight your way down while trying to find your last corpse??
Try Hard Core, then this "last corpse" problem doesn't exist.
Anyone have Any advice on that place??
1: Teamwork allows you and companions to lay down more fire power per unit time; while the monsters are tougher at higher player levels the game starts at players=13, and the 13->14 change is not as large as the increase in firepower of having two players working together.
2: look over your gear with a very critical eye towards how much smack-down you can put out per unit of time, and how much hurt you can handle.  At the expense of kill-power I have 92/92/92/21 resists in Hell. I run away a great deal, knowing that usually only some of my enemy will follow, allowing me to kill them in sections. Look over your skills for powers that divide your enemies or hinder their attacks (Cloak of Shadows, Grim Ward, Taunt, Decoy, Confusion, Dim Vision, War Cry, etc)
Chimera seems to have a bug where he gets caught in the wall and doesn't drop...
I am sure you know this but I just found it..thought I would just say.
Chimera is a double-bugged situation; hiding in the corner and using corpse explosion.
Oh yeah...Where is writs leg?? lol
Attached to his corpse, like always.  His corpse has been moved to inside a building with the door faicing the fountain.

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2005, 12:46:54 pm »
Ok...Few more questions. And sorry for being gone for a week or so. Hurricane Rita hit my town and we are just getting back to some faction of normal. #1 Can you runeword uniques, rares, set items, magic items etc. #2 How do I get the 7 char dolls? #3 How do I get a Suiside Minion Doll? Thanks for the help.

countdracula

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2005, 01:26:02 pm »
you can runeword tempered, rare, magic and normal items, NO Set and uniques.
You can get chardolls from the a4 hellforge quest. you get a suicide minion from the a5/q2 or if you put 25 runes in the cube,

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2005, 02:16:12 pm »
Hopefully you are ok, and not to much damage caused by rita..

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2005, 09:38:57 am »
Thanks Chaos...it wasn't to bad..it moved East before it really hit us so it was alot better than we planned for. Just so you can brag..I took my comp to my EX-girlfriends apt because she had power and I wasn't going to go a week or more without playing the mod. LOL I am curious..I tried to find an answer to this in the international forum but didn't really. It says mercs in higher diffaculty lvls will have more skills and stuff. What skills will they have? And if I get a merc in norm and keep it all the way to hell will he get the same skills as he lvls up as one I get in nightmare or hell? I would LOVE some specifics on this one...the info I found is kinda confusing.

Wormbo

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2005, 09:47:23 am »
Rouges and Iron Wolves definately also use the higher skills when hired at normal difficulty.
The Rouge's higher special arrows might not show up correctly in lower difficulties, though. In other words, no ice cloud, no explosion and no visible fire on the ground. However, the damage is there and you might hear the burning sound when monsters walk through the (invisible) immolation arrow fire.

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2005, 05:31:46 am »
Hey..I see a new version is out..or coming out. I read the post about whats in it..I like the idea of oil barrels. But I can't find a link to it on the site..and sence everyones reply was in german I have no clue what was said..LOL. Would love a link to this..and maybe some info on the uniques that were changed..;)..A little insider info if you will..lol. But the link I really want..Plus I am curious if you have desided what you were going to do with the test ground..the crypt or whatever it is. I would LOVE to see a MF spot..like..one that has all the act bosses and mobs like that. Just pure MF heaven..lol...The shared stash makes MFing a passion now more than a job. And I am not sure what MOD it was on..maybe an old version of yours...but it had books that would grant the owner whatever aura was on there. Like a charm..you could combine more than one in the cube to make the lvl of the aura stronger..like..a Fanatasizim book/scroll combined with another Fanatasizim book/scoll would give you a book that gave you a lvl 2 fanatasizim book that worked like a charm. It was great for Barbs and what not. I thought it was a really good idea. I knew you were looking into doing something with the scroll that drop in the game..thought that might be a cool idea. Anyway...can't wait for the new update.

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2005, 09:02:45 pm »
I am curious of something. I have always wanted to build a mod of my own for my own use, but I know NOTHING of modding or anything it takes to mod. I am not a computer retard either but I am just ignorant of modding. Does anyone know of a site or sites or something that give VERY SIMPLE beginner type walkthroughs. When I say simple..I mean simple..lol..and very detailed. If someone could post some links or something I would love it. And I amjust wanting to Mod D2 LOD 1.10 or 1.11. Nothing else..so if you can find some that deal with D2 and nothing else it might make it easier for me. Thanks.

Offline DrowElf

• Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2005, 09:22:55 pm »
The greatest source about modding on diablo2 is the phrozenkeep.

http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/index.php?[u]Click me[/u]

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2005, 02:21:33 am »
Thanks Drow. Hey Drow...do you know whats up with the new version of the mod? I can't find a link to it here on the site. And I am about to ask a question that might be a sinfull one for Modders...there are differant features from differant mods I am thinking of putting in the mod I want to try to make. I have NO intention of sharing this mod because I know modders are like owners when it comes to thier mods and don't want to have others use thier ideas and then share that mod. But if doable..how do I find out how someone did something in thier mod that I like and take it and use it in mine??? Like say the shared stash or the monster body parts Chaos uses..If this is a no no in the the world of modding let know..lol.

Offline DrowElf

• Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2005, 07:42:46 am »
You can find many of those informations at the phrozenkeep, this is a platform where modders help other modders.

Nearly all versions of ChaosEmpire you can find in the download section, just enter about the link: www.chaosempire.info and then click on the right side of the menu on downloads. ;)