AuthorTopic: Patch 1.11 is comming!  (Read 2777 times)

Mf

Patch 1.11 is comming!
« on: July 29, 2005, 08:15:01 pm »

countdracula

Re: Patch 1.11 is comming!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 09:37:16 pm »
hat das auswirkungen auf ce ?

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 11:35:52 pm »
See http://www.battle.net/ where the text
"A Call to Heroes!
July 29, 2005    
   Great evil has returned to the world of Diablo 2. Will you answer the call to save Sanctuary?

Patch 1.11 is coming.... " exists.
It's followed by a large set of screen shots (featuring Diablo (clone?) in Tristram, and Lilith/Andariel in the Countess' Tower)...

1: Does anybody have concrete info on this patch (specifically WHEN)?
2: How long between when BLizzard releases it and when CE adapts to it?
3: in between 1 & 2, what will be the set of steps we need to take to walk in both worlds?

(I didn't see a strong indicator whether this patch includes LOD or is D2 only, except that the screen shots include Assassin figures & traps)
Please, Countdracula, this is INTERNATIONAL support, and while Germany is International relative to me, it isn't relative to CE.

I'm guessing you're asking whether it will work with CE... but that's an uneducated guess.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 12:49:59 am by webwalker »

Offline Mineralsoff

• rebmeM elbaulaV
  • my Votes: +70/-16
  • CCC - HC
    • Poke This Member
    • http://chaosempire.info/web/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,56/topic,3900
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 12:31:21 am »
1: There are no changes given yet by blizzard. All changes will be given at release, i think. Up to now there are only this screenshots and no other information from blizzard :)
And a lot of people guess that 1.11 will be released on Monday because Blizz announced server downtime (not sure.. rumors :D)

2: I don´t know... but i try to translate a post from Circle (Its reduced to the most important things :))
"Noone can say how long it will take to make ChaosEmpire working for 1.11 because noone knows which changes Patch 1.11 has."
So maybe its hard work for Chaos... and maybe just a few lines :\ I hope Chaos will look into all important files and searches for differances and the effect they may have and then he says whether he will make CE compatible to 1.11 (and how long it takes) or not =)

3: If I understand you correct, you want to know how you could be able to play 1.11 but CE with patch 1.10 at the same time?
If so... I think it would be possible to copy the d2-folder and then connect to battle.net and update. Then you should be able to play 1.11 but CE must be started out from the copied folder. Also could be possible that you can´t update with installed CE and you need to deinstall CE first and then update. CE must also be started out form a copied folder then :D#

But I think its a patch for Classic an Lod. Although some people still play Classic most people play Expansion... anyway... why shoul they make lod-screens if the patch is classic-only? There are assasin traps and the barb wears IK-set (seems like IK) which is only available with expansion ;)
Gruß an alle CE-Spieler

Das bin ich
Mein Rächer Guide

Offline Schnarchnase

• my Votes: +27/-10
    • Poke This Member
    • Die Schnarchnase
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 12:51:07 am »
I found an interesting site, but say it the truth?

Offline WeedixCE

• my Votes: +6/-1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 12:52:44 am »
I guess patch-release is 1st of august... Server-Downtime on ALL REALMS can only mean that... :)

I hope playing on "both worlds" will be possible... Perhaps ChaosEnergy can give us a statement if that is possible or not...

@Schnarchnase:

I can't believe that this guy know more than others... but the level requierements for quest-solving sounds good :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 12:58:55 am by WeedixCE »

Offline waflob

• my Votes: +1/-1
  • CCC European HC
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 10:16:40 am »
I dunno - the lvl reqs to prevent rushing ...
Firstly, I usually finish baal way before the lvls indicated and secondly, if they wanted to implement an anti-rushing feature, it would be easier to just add lvl reqs to nm and hell.

Sounds ok, but smells fishy

DelBoy

Offline WeedixCE

• my Votes: +6/-1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 12:10:12 pm »
Yes you're right... sounds good but smells fishy... ;D
The idea is great but the levels as they are listed in this forums are really crap... Doing Baal-kill at level 40 on normal difficulty is noob-like...^^

But worst thing is castdelay for teleporting... :(
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 12:11:45 pm by WeedixCE »

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 01:08:46 pm »
aehm...baal kill in ce is around 40+, and the anti rushing idea is nothing new..like some other ideas, already implemented by blizzard with ladder only runwords...
they look often to mods, and put into their game the creative work from modders...

and to the facts...

there wont ever be a ce version for 1.11

i wont tell it again...never!

reason:
- code edits done in assembler wont be compatible, so any changes must be adopted by those assemlber guys, who have maked the stuff before
- thoses guys wont make code posts anylonger, they build on a special "easy" use dll system plugins, but those plugins are still not 100% compatible and stable for realms, like the manual done ones
- and a really little issue, there is no server software for 1.11, and if there will be one, it wont be there for some months...

And hee...an andariel renamed to someone else...no problem...5 minutes and we have it...
what wont be possible, are changes to new code based features, but i rally dont expect many....
it is only to keep players on realms, until probably the 3d version for diablo3 is comming

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

Offline Warheart

• my Votes: +1/-6
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2005, 02:17:44 pm »
I think its easier for chaos, to take some of the new features (which r coming with the 1.11 patch) and convert them for 1.10 version (like andariels new name, the new runeword ect.)...

We will see...

MfG Warheart
Höchster Char: Javazon 95
Realm: CCC, Ladder, SC

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 02:21:56 pm »
new runewords will replace some old ones..like ever, ce will  get all official ladder runewords..and in ce all possible ladder runewords are used :)

to make a copied andariel is a few second work, including map edit, but i expect a second worldevent feature on bnet...

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012