AuthorTopic: Game Quits and boots me out  (Read 3408 times)

Offline satyeTopic starter

• my Votes: +3/-2
    • Poke This Member
    • http://n/a
Game Quits and boots me out
« on: July 26, 2005, 04:04:51 am »
Hi All,
       For some reason, the game today id totally dying. It throws me all the way to the desktop wallpaper. I can restart and log-in just like normal routine. Make or jion a game. Then after a few minuetes it does it again. I'm gonna run a Virus scan, and see if I find anything. Then I'll chek back here. If anyone has a clue, please advise.
                                                                                                      Thanks  Misticstarx
Close the doors, put out the lights, you know we won't be home tonight. We're wearing steel that's bright and true. We hold No quarter, We give No quarter. Cause Demons mock our every step.

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
Re: Game Quits and boots me out
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 04:09:22 am »
perhaps you are using any program in the background that is considered to be a hack by the hackprotection?

i have the same porblem sometimes for example when i run winamp in the background and there's a song with any name that is on the list of the hackprotection and my d2 just closes and winamp too...

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 04:19:42 am »
No, I dont believe in cheats. I also just ran a Trojan scan and it said I'm clean there. Also just tried to play again and it is throwing me out almost immediately! I really do not understand it. I follow rules and I friendly. Could Mod be getting corrupted?

Thanks foe reply   Misticstarx
Close the doors, put out the lights, you know we won't be home tonight. We're wearing steel that's bright and true. We hold No quarter, We give No quarter. Cause Demons mock our every step.

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 04:22:37 am »
i didn't say you were using cheats but you are sometimes kicked even if you don't use cheats...

perhaps you should try just to reinstall the mod once?

theonlymoose

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 04:23:16 am »
I had that happen before, turned out my CPU was shot.

countdracula

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 07:28:25 pm »
Part of the cheat/hack protection works on special keywords. For Example diablo closes if you load a side with your browser that has the word "hack" in its titel. (for example imageshack). Thats why closing all other programs could help

@theonlymoose: wouldn't then other programs have problems, too ?

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 07:05:46 am »
Hi Folks, Well, I believe I figured out why my game was crashing. Now, I'm really confused :).All of y'alls comments and suggestions made me think. What is different or what have I changed that day? It was the finaal piece to the set. I'd finally got the Helm, Well didnt make sense, until I thought, what is NOT standard on the set (runes, etc ). I'd socketed the bow in the past with 4 Zods and a Shael. So, I took a Minion doll and removed the runes. Now allis well, except for I lost all that damage and speed for the bow. I know it sounds crazy, but there it is! :) I do appreciate the help guys and girls, that is yet another reason I really love this Mod! Not only is the Game awesome in so many ways, the players I've enjoyed running with and just shooting breeze with are great too! Chaos and the people he has helping him run this Mod and build this Mod are a fine group of minds.
                                                                                                  Thanks  Misticstarx

Offline ZenPdH

• my Votes: +55/-18
    • Poke This Member
    • http://chaosempire.info/forum/index.php/topic,4142.0.html
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 07:26:12 am »
Ok, then ur prob was, that u have too many stats on a single item. I think the max is 19 rows, if it has more and ur courser moves over the item, ur d2 shot down.

So try to avoid makeing to many stats on an item (eg with zods or rw's).
Btw bloodravens bow and trav set are common exsamples for that kind of 'error' if u put zod runes in.
It's just one of those days
Where you don't wanna wake up
Everything is f****d, everybody sucks.
You don't really know why
But you wanna justify rippin' someone's head off
No human contact
And if you interact your life is on contract
Your best bet is to stay away mo****f****r!
It's just one of those days!

theonlymoose

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 03:09:09 pm »
Ok, then ur prob was, that u have too many stats on a single item. I think the max is 19 rows, if it has more and ur courser moves over the item, ur d2 shot down.

So try to avoid makeing to many stats on an item (eg with zods or rw's).
Btw bloodravens bow and trav set are common exsamples for that kind of 'error' if u put zod runes in.

Actually if I remember correctly it's 41 lines in total per item BUT when it comes to sets you can only have a total of 41 lines including set bonuses.

@countdracula - At the time D2 was the only CPU hog that I was running, so I didn't have problems at the beginning with other programs until the problem with the CPU got worse.

Offline ZenPdH

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 03:22:46 pm »
If i am not wrong, Jen said in his ToS for jenworld, that there were a total of 19 lines viewable and u shouldn't go further than that to save u from beeing kicked out of the game. (Perhaps there is a total of 41 lines diablo can handle for an item intern (is this an english word???), but i hear that number for stats the first time :blink: )

For the sets ur right i think, so the set bonuses and the stats go for a max of 19 (visible).
No human contact

Offline Shinlos

• my Votes: +104/-46
  • :D
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 03:29:55 pm »
That's right Zen, but when there are more then 19 lines D2 changes the Font Size of the stats.
It all returns to nothing...

Der Spruch passt besser denn je...

Offline ZenPdH

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 03:34:27 pm »
But only for english version, dosen't it? (Ok, it's international here, so he would use english ::) )
And what is max in smaller font sizes? Is it realy 41? Oo
No human contact

Offline Shinlos

• Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 03:35:05 pm »
I don't know but it may be.

• Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 04:48:47 pm »
Nice job guys, I a'nit no programer, but I do kinda understand the ( to much ) on an Item. Kinda like when you tune a engine, to much timing or fuel will bog the motor down and eventually kill it. I was thinking of doing a little experiment, like adding 1 zod and 1 shael and find where the ( shutdown ) point is? Is this a wise idea or would it mess my game up in the future? I'll wait before trying my experiment until y'all tell me what you think.

Thanks for the help/advice
                                                                                                                                 misticstarx

Offline Shinlos

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 05:23:14 pm »
No cuz theres no difference in the Number of Stats when u sockel only one ZOD Rune.
But u could try some other Runes or Jewels to get much Stats.

• Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005, 07:47:33 pm »
Thx Shinlos, for the info and help !   misticstarx

theonlymoose

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 03:49:37 pm »
One thing that I know for sure is, that I have a tempered item (in the Pagan Heart mod - excuse my language Chaos) and the total number of lines on it are at 35 right now.  That's including everything from the item's name right down to where is says how many sockets it has.  I don't play much online, and when I do it's usually TCP/IP and then only with vanilla D2 because my one friend is just getting into D2.