Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: Trouble creating cows  (Read 2883 times)

Offline seibzahnTopic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
    • Poke This Member
    • http://ce.grimms.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4103
Trouble creating cows
« on: June 10, 2005, 09:00:20 am »
My brother recently beat nightmare Baal, and he's been unable to create a cow portal using the old 'black key + tp scroll' recipe.
Have old keys been deactivated or something? The one he has is from normal Damien prior to the last update.

Also, are there any alternate ways to create a doll stash? He misused a horadric scroll early in normal and is now finished nightmare...still having only 1 scroll and no doll stash.

Offline Knicky

• my Votes: +35/-9
  • ^^
    • Poke This Member
    • Knickmeisters Jungs
Re: Trouble creating cows
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 09:06:22 am »
I think you need the from the key from the difficulty you want to create cows!
so he needs the key from nightmare to create the cow lvl in nm!

For the doll stsh you'll need a second scroll! normally you get one from radament in act2. or you create a second char and mule the scrolls on the char which needs the scrolls!

Offline blueman

• my Votes: +24/-8
  • Realm: none Acc: none (atm)
    • Poke This Member
    • Einwohnerpost
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 09:24:37 am »
hi,

yes, you need the key from the current level of difficulty to open the portal.
There is a problem with the scrolls, once you used 1 you can't pick-up any further scrolls than 2, if you used 2 you can only pick-up 1 if you dont have one in your inventory and you cant pick-up any scrolls if you have used 3.
if you have allready used 2 scrolls (1 with the teddy and 1 with leg) you have to create the doll stash with a different character.

kind regards blueman
Quote from: pierrot
"Normal" as defined by the "special" breed of game designers in Korea. Everyone else calls that "severely broken".

Crimson Moon

Ein Klick auf den Link bringt mir "Ruhm" in einem Browserspiel wenn ihr euch dort auch anmeldet. Wäre klasse wenn das der eine oder andere tät ;)

Offline godemperor

• my Votes: +6/-1
  • Realm: CCC
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 04:49:37 pm »
For the doll stsh you'll need a second scroll! normally you get one from radament in act2. or you create a second char and mule the scrolls on the char which needs the scrolls!

I did the same thing the first time.  Since I was Identifying the teddy bear and cubing them. THen I couldnt do a doll stash. 

What I ended up doing was create a new character with a very similiar name and played it up to tristan to get wirts leg. Once I had the leg and 2 scrolls from the new guy I made the Puppet Stash. Then I "Muled" it over the my real character and deleted the new one I had just played.  Worked fine for me.
GodEmperor
Seek the Rhino, Know the Rhino, Be the RHINO
Praise the Horn!!!

Offline Gogun2005

• my Votes: +1/-0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 06:23:13 pm »

What I ended up doing was create a new character with a very similiar name and played it up to tristan to get wirts leg. Once I had the leg and 2 scrolls from the new guy I made the Puppet Stash. Then I "Muled" it over the my real character and deleted the new one I had just played. Worked fine for me.

I gave a stash to another character and after 200+, i still had only the first 2 bonuses. With stash created by the same character, i seems to get the +2 to findpotion around 100...there might be an anticheat feature that slow the rate of getting the bonuses. But again, maybe it is just bad luck...(all this in SP).

Offline DrowElf

• my Votes: +75/-14
    • Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
  • CE-Net Account: drow-elf (HC-only)
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 06:57:55 pm »
Normaly you can have +2 find potion very early i don´t know exact on what number but i think roundabout 20 was it on my last char (on realm).

I depends afaik only on the combination of dolls (they can be good or bad - nobody has get details at this time).

Offline Shinlos

• my Votes: +104/-46
  • :D
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 09:22:50 pm »
But for shure it somehow depends on the Number of Dolls too. I got +2 pretty early too last time. But then u have to wait very long for the next stat.
It all returns to nothing...

Der Spruch passt besser denn je...

Offline godemperor

• my Votes: +6/-1
  • Realm: CCC
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 09:28:29 pm »
ye I had +2 Find Potion at 26 dolls,  I'm up to 82 right now and have had nothing added to it yet. 
Though i have 1 doll stash with 1156 dolls (not on ladder anymore) and there like alot of different things on it.  Bonus exp +2%  +5 attributes, reduce vendor price, each of the elemental damages, and varies skills  2 of them at +5 skills. 
GodEmperor
Seek the Rhino, Know the Rhino, Be the RHINO
Praise the Horn!!!

Offline sidekick39

• my Votes: +1/-0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 10:04:17 pm »
For each char I have used, it has always been at 3 dolls when I get +2 to find potion.  Then around 100 for next attribute.  Also I have never had a problem with taking scrolls from the shared stash.

theonlymoose

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 04:55:38 am »
The only time I've had problems with the Horodric Scrolls is if I accidently dropped one on the ground.  Couldn't pick it back up.