Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: [Guide] Bow Amazon (7.59) english  (Read 19472 times)

countdracula

Re: [Guide] Bow Amazon (7.59) english
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 01:25:53 am »
sehr komisch das mit dem razor. Dann bleiben wohl nur übergloves wenn man keinen razor tragen will.

Offline Nemesis183

• my Votes: +75/-20
    • Poke This Member
    • That's me!
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2005, 09:48:32 am »
...welche auf ner Bowie ja auch nicht die schlechteste möglichkeit darstellen ;)

Imo neben den Boots die wichtigsten Übers für ne Bowie, die man sich schon anschaffen sollte :)
Chaos Empire ist super: Viele nette Leute, mit denen ich ganze Nächte durchgezoggt habe; eine einmalige Community um eine geniale Mod!

Am Ende des ersten Tages der neuen Ladder 7.65

Meine geliebte Bowie aus 7.65!

Perfect eth. rare phy-tempered Great Matron Bow
RW "Broken Promise", death-oiled:
283 - 2156 Dmg!

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2005, 05:08:19 pm »
What is the title of this thread, please? It says English for a reason... I asked please would somebody do their best to translate the bowazon guide into English. I believe this thread has a purpose of extending the guide for amazons to ENGLISH SPEAKERS.

I promise you your English is not 1/2 as bad as my German!  I try to understand what is said, and I'm thankful to those who reach out to us linguistically impared posters and community members.  When the thread has English in the title, please do your best to not shut us out.

Offline DrowElf

• my Votes: +75/-14
    • Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
  • CE-Net Account: drow-elf (HC-only)
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2005, 05:52:56 pm »
It is a discussion what items add chances to pierce and on which way these bonus will work.

It is known that with the razortail belt (33%) you get a chance of 100% to pierce at skilllevel 9 (68%).
68% (skill) + 33% (item) = 101% pierce

But other items like the named arrows with we think ~10% pierce its different:
68% (skill) + (100%-68%) * 10% (item) = 71,2 % pierce

This is a old bug known from vanilla lod and we think that it isn´t any other way in chaos empire.

Depending on that matter the only known alternative to get 100% pierce to the razorbelt are the uber unique gloves.

countdracula

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2005, 06:28:52 pm »
I thought the piercing arrows were an alternative to the razor. but if they do not add to the chance it is probably better to get good rare arrows with a lot of ed and hit causes monster to flee, ar and so on.

Offline Nemesis183

• Poke This Member
    • That's me!
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2005, 07:24:37 pm »
well, the guide is wrote in proper english and this is mentioned in the titel...

My english isn't very good so far and i'm not really able to write all suggestions and discussions in english. Please don't worry about it, and if there is anything else you don't understand you can write me a PM an i'll try to explain it to you :)

Neme
Chaos Empire ist super: Viele nette Leute, mit denen ich ganze Nächte durchgezoggt habe; eine einmalige Community um eine geniale Mod!

283 - 2156 Dmg!

Offline webwalker

• Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2005, 08:31:44 pm »
Your English is JUST FINE!  Believe me!

I have 8 children, 3 are "adults", and you write English at least as well as they do!

Remember the "which monster is MOST HATED" thread, where I translated the title to German and added it?  Somebody posted a correction and I amended the post.  I would have had no objection to people posting in German (in an English thread) if they included their best attempt at English along side their German posting. I hope to learn German, I hope to help people improve their English.  This 'helping one another'  is one of the tell-tales that distinguishes a "gaggle of gamers" from a ->community<-.  What makes the German here hardest to parse is the 'chat speak' of writing 'nen' instead of 'einen' ('typing reduced 40%' instead of 'damage reduced'... ^^ )

(btw 'english' is spin on a ball, English is a language;  'english' get used making trick shots in pool/snooker/billiards, and in bowling. It is the 'noun' vs. 'proper noun' capitalization rule.  Considering that all nouns are capitalized in German, whereas only proper nouns are capitalized in English, I'm actually surprised at the extensive use of lower case for nouns, proper or im-, in this forum).

As to pierce, 68% (skill) is not bad, especially if the arrows have 'monster flee', since new monsters will be in front for the next volley.
Unless you have a special effect like Lightning Fury, I'd value 'monster flee' above 'pierce'.  One hard point in pierce + +skill items should suffice.  If I recall correctly, each time a pierce happens, the chance of a succesive pierce drops (120% goes to 90% goes to 60% goes to 30% goes to 0%.. I don't know the real numbers and picked a 30% drop to illustrate the meaning of my words.)

countdracula

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2005, 08:51:28 pm »
the extensive use of lower case for nouns is mainly a cause of the forum users' lazyness. (The short forms too). It is bad language, but faster to write.

As you say 100% pierce is not really necessary.

If the skill is unchanged in ce, you should have 86 % pierce with a slvl of only 20. That can easily be reached with +skills.
With slvl 30 the chance is 92%
With slvl 60 you reach 100% skill pierce.

thanks to my computer english dictionary
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 08:55:18 pm by countdracula »

Offline Nemesis183

• Poke This Member
    • That's me!
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2005, 10:51:02 am »
>>>>Your English is JUST FINE!  Believe me!
I have 8 children, 3 are "adults", and you write English at least as well as they do!

:) Thanks a lot! unfortunately my english teacher has never noted this :D

but back to topic:

What you mean with "the chance to pierce drops with every succesive pierce"?

If you have 95% pierce the chance to pierce is in a row of 5 monsters: 95% (1st), 90% (2nd), 86% (3rd), 81% (4th), 77% (5th). With 100% at every check there won't be any drop :)
One can easily see, that in 1 of 5 the pierce-check at the 4th will be negativ and the dmgoutput is reduce by 20% this throw...
Just a few percent lower than 100 are a enormous loss of dmg.

That high dmg of Lightning Fury only depends on a high chance to pierce. A Java need to have 100% pierce in my opinion.

283 - 2156 Dmg!

countdracula

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2005, 11:14:46 am »
but a bo ama with multi shot does not need 100% pierce. If The Arrow pierces 3 times, it should be enough in most cases. Because if there is no enemy to hit, the pierce does not matter.

Offline Nemesis183

• Poke This Member
    • That's me!
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2005, 01:01:13 pm »
this is called "milchmädchen-Rechnung" :p

of course the dmg loss on a bowie isn't so significant as on a Java but in fact there is a loss!
of course there can be two, three, four or five monsters in a line and you will miss some hits without max-pierce!
and of course it's not very hard to get 100% pierce so what is this discussion for?
100% are better than 95%, there is no basis to argue against it :)

283 - 2156 Dmg!

countdracula

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2005, 01:15:49 pm »
this is called "milchmädchen-Rechnung" :p

of course the dmg loss on a bowie isn't so significant as on a Java but in fact there is a loss!
of course there can be two, three, four or five monsters in a line and you will miss some hits without max-pierce!
and of course it's not very hard to get 100% pierce so what is this discussion for?
100% are better than 95%, there is no basis to argue against it :)

it is hard to get 100% pierce. The easiest way is using razor, but there are better belts.
Other ways are lvl 60 skill pierce or ubergloves.
30 +skills should be possible, but it means  setting 30 skills in pierce which could be used somewhere else.
ubergloves are difficult to get.

Offline Nemesis183

• Poke This Member
    • That's me!
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2005, 01:28:13 pm »
Well, uber Gloves & Boots are standard equip for bowie in my opinion... After playing a few weaks it's possible to trade or maybe find them... as long as you don't have them one can do without 100% pierce but in the end i really prefer it.

and what is wrong with skilling pierce? when one dont want to wear uber gloves, you have enough skillpoints so it's no problem :)

283 - 2156 Dmg!

Offline webwalker

• Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2005, 04:38:26 pm »

What you mean with "the chance to pierce drops with every succesive pierce"?

If you have 95% pierce the chance to pierce is in a row of 5 monsters: 95% (1st), 90% (2nd), 86% (3rd), 81% (4th), 77% (5th). With 100% at every check there won't be any drop :)

Then my "knowledge" was bogus!  Thanks for the clarification.  Folks on alt.games.diablo2 had spoken of a drop each pierce, I didn't know they meant this simple progression.

And you English teacher was wrong.

But I doubt I'll be able to trade for UberAnything since I don't start playing until 7PM my time which is  1AM your time and most of you are sensible enough to be in bed.

@ CountDracula: "thanks to my computer english dictionary" do you know a computer-based German dictionary that is reasonable quality and downloadable?  Toss me a URL maybe?  ( I might search and find but I couldn't judge quality).

countdracula

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2005, 05:41:45 pm »
I use the langenscheidt dictionary. But this is not for free. Maybe you could download it somewhere, but this would be illegal