Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: a few questions about items and mercs  (Read 2044 times)

Offline russianTopic starter

• my Votes: +1/-2
    • Poke This Member
a few questions about items and mercs
« on: April 20, 2005, 04:53:49 pm »
Hello I have hust started to play CE and im playing with a necro.
what are the elixers and valuable elixers for and what are the dolls for
if i make a enigma can i use 4 or 5 oils that make the item req lower so that i can use it? Also i want to be a sommanner and a bonemancer so il use a fantaism act 2 merc but i want to give him chains of honer for thorns and an item that adds another aura any suggestioins? also should i max skellitans or revive on a bone summanner necro and were is it best to mf in CE.
thank you

Offline Phosgen

• 1st in 1st Diablo1 Event
  • my Votes: +20/-6
    • Poke This Member
    • mein Einwohnerpost
a few questions about items and mercs
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 05:18:12 pm »
elixier : +500 exp
valuable elixier : boosts life and mana for a certain amount of time

enigma: yes you can lower strength and dexterity requirements to a minimum of 0 by multiple use of oils of skill, and there are way better armors than enigma

chains of honor doesn't give thorns, bramble does so, you could use one of the new runewords granting might, concentration or conviction

as for summoner you should stick to skelletons and their mastery, more points than 1 on revives is a real waste as you will end up with a lot of +skills, I'd also recommend to max CE, its effect is really devestating

as for the best place to mf: there is no real need for specific mf-runs in CE, most items can easily (more or less) be gotten by gambling, for the real rare high end items I'd recommend just to play dungeons in hell

MfG
Phosgen

mariomario1984

Re: a few questions about items and mercs
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 09:52:09 pm »
well a summon and boneancer.....well just from what ive seen +to skills is everywhere...for ur merc...hit bramble...doom....dream....and the aura items u find on ur way...for u engima is a waste...u dont have to mad mf so u really dont need to tele...just walk...with the lack of res this game gives u...chains of honor might be ur best bet for an armor..dont worry about pounding too many auras on ur necro...just max skelle master and put about 10 points in both mages and skelles...then 1 point in the rest of the summon skills...spend the rest on nothing but bone skills...and if u want some added help...thanks too the 2 points instead of 1 to level..invest in poison nova to add in long term damage...itll be found very usefull during long fights...:) i hope this helps...