Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: Newbie Tip #1: Making Money  (Read 2728 times)

Inolai

Newbie Tip #1: Making Money
« on: April 18, 2005, 02:27:03 am »
Here's something I've learned in my short time playing this mod:  money helps get you better equipment very easily (through gambling)!  However, you may be asking--how do I get money for gambling?

Well, the easiest way to get cash is probably through picking up the throwing potions.  Pick up anything with Orange or Green text and sell it to the gambling merchant in whatever town you may be in.  Not only will it be worth about 100x more than anything else you can find, the gambling merchant appears to have no selling caps, so you make more money from selling it to them.

Once you have access to the Catacombs Level 4, you can make more money than you can ever imagine by doing one simple thing.  Pick up Tomes of Identify.  Make sure your  inventory is open so the books don't combine with themselves.  Again, sell them to the gambling merchant.  They sell for over 7 MILLION gold each!  You only need to sell 1, put the rest in your stash.  It will more than fill up your stash and your on-person gold.  Happy gambling.

:s662:  

__NARAYAN_

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 03:56:44 am »
I am having the more esy way.

Just get level 30 approx or higher.Experienced players can try on lower levels.
Go to the gamebler.
Start gambling and purchase only holy water,throwing stars,low cost magic items of sorceress,necromancer,paladdin.They have cost from 3000 to 17000 .But on selling they will give you in lakhs.The only bad thing in that you will get lots of unique and set items.When I am making money on gambling I feared that "please don't give set  or unique item having low cost"

Inolai

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 04:02:47 am »
That way works, too, but it's more time-consuming.  Also, if you want to almost always be profitable from gambling, find as many "Reduce Vendor Prices by X%" items and wear them while gambling.  You'll almost always make money that way.

__NARAYAN_

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 04:21:05 am »
Humm I think more time needed in your idea ,since you need to move to catacombs level 4 ,while I need to be in town.Also the bigger problem is when opened lots of chests in that level i am unable to figureout all the items in ground even if i pressed alt key.Is there anyway to get names of all the items on groung without picking up anything.

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 08:30:44 am »
the easiest way to make money is to sell flags, valuable elixir or tails

they each give you 2xx million gold

if you wanna sacrifice an egg for the gold you can also sell a soul they give more than 700 million gold and that should be enough for everything :)

__NARAYAN_

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 11:49:16 am »
if you wanna sacrifice an egg for the gold you can also sell a soul they give more than 700 million gold and that should be enough for everything 

WoW ,I have lots of souls in my stash and also i know how to get easy souls.Now money is a waste of time for me in CE.Much thx to you.You don't know how much time you have saved for me.

Offline molman

• my Votes: +0/-0
    • Poke This Member
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 11:22:12 pm »
Also if you right click any torches in your stash they multiply the gold dropped so that a normal drop of 100 gold now becomes 2500 gold.

And it also boosts your light radius.

They last for about 5 minutes.

Kano

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 11:29:43 pm »
exactly like Olfmo said:

...use your "find potion" skill on your Augsburg puppet box to find souls, and sell the souls to any gambling merchant..... that will take you roughly 2-3 minutes, and each time you'll get 749 mio Gold.... now, THAT should be newbie tip #1

Offline GothicTomCat

• my Votes: +0/-1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 12:30:42 am »
i about freaked out when I saw how much it was to sell the "marijuana herb" i believe it was something like 49 mil or 499 mil, too many digits for me to count.  hehehe, i gambled forever and still didnt spend it all

Dracer

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 08:27:47 am »
kind of surprising no one mentioned Tomes. they have maximum lvl sell ( afair )
meaning if u have a tome of identity and town portal, just try selling any further
samples u find.   :thumbup:

enjoy being rich ;)

take care

Dracer