AuthorTopic: stash problems  (Read 2782 times)

Offline sidekick39Topic starter

• my Votes: +1/-0
    • Poke This Member
stash problems
« on: April 17, 2005, 05:13:52 pm »
This has been going on for a while now.  I was useing maphack for a while, <not useing now but it is still on my computer>and sometimes I would find my stash, both shared and normnal, empty.  I thought maphack may have something to do with it, so I stopped useing it.  It seemed to help, but it still happens if I have a hard shut down.  From time to time the game will freeze, when this happens I have to ctrl-alt-del to shut it down.  When this happens, the next time I start the game, my stash is empty except for whatever page I was last looking at.
  I think I read somewhere that even if maphack is still on the computer, but not running, the CE mod will have problems with it, is this tru

Offline Tophead

• my Votes: +68/-78
    • Poke This Member
    • http://chaosempire.info/forum/index.php/topic,3888.0.html
stash problems
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 06:15:27 pm »

:thumbdown: cheaters are stupid

:thumbdown: cheaters cant read

:thumbdown: who uses hacks, cheats and 3rd party programms shouldnt be able to play ce

u are the prove of that

PS: :thumbdown: cheaters got little...

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
stash problems
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 06:16:18 pm »
flamers are not much better..........

i wont believe that you run 755 with maphack, thats my point of view

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

• Poke This Member
stash problems
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 06:18:32 pm »
Did you actually READ the post?  I said I used to use maphack.  I no longer use it.  And when I did use it, it was only in sp.  Never online.  But that is an argument for another thread.  

Offline Tophead

• Poke This Member
stash problems
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 06:40:23 pm »
i read your post. 3 times. an i know where ur errror could be. plz explain how u reinstalled? did u deactivate the mod vefore deinstalling? did u clean ur regestry?did u reinstall in a new folder? as u see i help u though i hate cheaters.

• Poke This Member
stash problems
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 06:49:50 pm »
If by "reinstall" you mean when i ran the upgrade, I think I did deactivate, but I did nothing to the regestry<playing around with that scares me...LOL>  I dont think I put it ion a new folder.  However I did do the upgrade on to computers, one works very well, but the main computer I play on is the one haviung a problem.  
  Do you think it may be fixed by correctly installing the 7.55 upgrade?

Also,  you say you hate cheaters,  how do you feel about former cheaters? <grin>  I do miss some of the advantages of maphack, such as being able to see where the monsters are, and see where all the chests and such are,  but I dont think I will be using it again.

Offline Tophead

• Poke This Member
stash problems
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 06:55:03 pm »
chetaers kills games for themselves and for everyone who palys that game too. most of them are to stupid to understand that.

• Poke This Member
stash problems
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 04:25:20 am »
This is not intended as a flame. I just  want to ask Tophead about cheats.  What is the difference if I use a 3rd party program that enhances game play for me<maphack> and you using a 3rd party program that enhances the game for you<Chaos Empire mod>?

Again I want to say I no longer use MH, but if I decide I want to use it again, I do have that right.  So long as I only use it in sp mode, it hurts no one.

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
stash problems
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 08:37:25 am »
actually you don't have the right to use mh because it's not allowed by blizzard...

sure you don't hurt somebody when you use it in sp but it's not legal. it's still cheating and also if you say perhaps you will use it again some day you should know that this community here really is against any kind of cheat

a mod is no third party program but changes in the game files that's why you can't play them in battle.net and that is what divides them from cheats/hacks like mh, pickit and so on

__NARAYAN_

stash problems
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 12:12:43 pm »
Again I want to say I no longer use MH, but if I decide I want to use it again, I do have that right. So long as I only use it in sp mode, it hurts no one. 

I am telling a case.Just imagine a diablo type game where you are having more than 10000 of all status ,skills,health,mana,money and everything else.Similarly enemies have no armor,no skill,no damage,no resistance,nothing at all.You have all maps revealed and all items in your stash.

Just you have steped out town and in single shot all enemies including all bossed died and all quests complete and you need nothing to do next.

Do you want to play that game which has no resistance at all.This is the reason blizzard don't accept it.The game which has hardness to play is successful.Players need to do something to win is having fun.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 12:16:22 pm by __NARAYAN_ »

• Poke This Member
stash problems
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 06:52:35 pm »
I do understand all of what is being posted here.  I dont want an easy kill.  I did not use most of mh's features.  I only used the the default features.  Except that I did turn off the always day/good weather feature.  

I still dont see the difference in maphack being aginst the lic. aggrement and mods not.  It seems to me if you change the program files that would also be illegal.  

When I buy any program, do I not have the right to change that program on my own computer?  

Again, I dont want a flame war here.  I would like a rational conversation about thai.  However the rights or wrongs of maphack is not why I started this thread, but since it seems to be going in that direction, I will go along with it.

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
stash problems
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 07:56:29 pm »
"When I buy any program, do I not have the right to change that program on my own computer? "

Yes, and there is really no such thing as cheating when you're in SP or on open BNet.  The "anti-MH" crowd here needs to take a triple-dose of the normal "chill pill".

In 1.09 I used MH as an anti-PK tactic on BNet.  I found that it didn't work well enough to continue using in 1.10, so I never tried it there.  I've no need to try it here on CE, and I respect the mod server owner's Decree "Thou shalt not even so much as think of using Map Hack here; yea, verily, Map Hack is an abomination unto me, saith ChaosEnergy".

I still dont see the difference in maphack being aginst the lic. aggrement and mods not. It seems to me if you change the program files that would also be illegal.

"Illegal" is an invalid word in this context.  Altering a program you bought is not a crime.  Selling it might be.  Using the modified program where the applicable ToS forbid said modification would be grounds for termination of your rights in that context, but most probably not a crime.  If the Government ran the CE Server, then it might be a tresspass crime to run a modified program thereon.

Relax, folks... please... there are MANY FAR MORE IMPORTANT things to get wound up about than Map Hack... like funding AIDs orphanages in Africa or preaching repentance to a world full of fornication.  This is a fun game, and my hearty thanks to the CE Team!  :thumbup:  

• Poke This Member
stash problems
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 08:09:01 pm »
webwalker
  I agree 100%.  I started this thread because of my stash problems, I only mentioned mh to if that may be the cause of my problem.  I love this mod and since I started playing it I have not even considered going back to normal D2.  I reapect the opinions of others here and I really dont want to make the people here mad.  I dont intend to use maphack again, it really is not needed in this mod.  I do still miss a couple of features it had.

Anyway, I asked for help here and got mostly flames.  I still have not  gotten a responce that would explain the stash problem.

__NARAYAN_

stash problems
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 09:12:37 pm »
Anyway, I asked for help here and got mostly flames. I still have not gotten a responce that would explain the stash problem.

Sorry for that.
Now come to the problem.You have not explained why your game hangs and why you need ctrl+alt+del.I think some other mod or somthing like that is still activated in your computer.Try reinstalling diablo and lod in diffrent folder and just copy your character in there.
What you are facing is the problem of file _LOD_ChaosEmpireTradeStash.sss.
It is in use when you are using it and it is not saved correctly since you have shutdown the program using ctrl+alt+del.So you are loosing your stash.Thats just one idea not the actual solution.

Offline Tophead

• Poke This Member
stash problems
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 09:14:49 pm »
i read your post. 3 times. an i know where ur errror could be. plz explain how u reinstalled? did u deactivate the mod vefore deinstalling? did u clean ur regestry?did u reinstall in a new folder? as u see i help u though i hate cheaters.
this is a responce that would help with the stash problem. seems that u didnt read it.

• Poke This Member
stash problems
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 09:17:16 pm »
I get that assertion failure error if tell you anything.  The chaos empire is the only mod I have ever used.  If  i install the 7.55 version, do you think that might solve the issue?
I dont really want to do that, unless it might help.