Computer-Games > Info + FAQ + HowTo

Installations FAQ

<< < (2/24) > >>

Sportfreund:
maybe you got  mh running or some kind of loader? cause ce doesnt work with maphack...it just doesnt start^^ if you dont use it, sry for this didnt want to blame you :) was just a possible explanation

webwalker:

--- Quote ---
--- Quote ---Diablo2 crashes at start-up, System Windows 98 and ME

It seems to be that there is a incompatibility between Diablo2 and Windows 98, which sometimes crashes the pc at start-up.

Solution:
Until now there isn´t a final solution, only trying to restart the pc will sometimes be succesful, additionally you can try to play in window mode (attaching -w to your diablo short-cut)

--- End quote ---

I've had this problem frequently, I've found one work-around and am testing another.
1: de-activate mod, start D2LOD up to the battle.net login screen
2: quit D2LOD, activate MOD, start CE.
Using this as my method to start CE, it never hangs now.

Second method under test: replace Matrox Millenium G450 video card with another, try playing normally (too early to tell whether this works always).

--- End quote ---

As a follow-up to myself, replacing my video card has definitely cured the problem.
What is unknown is whether it was hardware, software, drivers, or what.

dfdevil:
HMM.. hab 7.55 drauf und wollte 7.57 drauf machn hab reinkopiert und aktiviert gelassen aber nun sagt er beim starten des spiels:   Warning Corrupted File

Patch_d2.mpq

obwohl die datei im d2 ordner is...

DrowElf:
Dann hattest du vermutlich die 7.55 aus den ersten 24 Stunden die fehlerhaft war. Das bedeutet du musst dir die 7.55 neu runterladen und deinstallieren und den CE Mod neu installieren ab der 7.55.

tvynr:
While I understand that the "Unhandled Exception: Access_Violation c0000005" error can be caused by driver problems, it is also possible for corrupted stashes to cause the same problem.  Deleting the .sss and .d2x files in the Diablo II CE save directory might stop this from happening... you might try renaming the files to be safe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version