AuthorTopic: Requirements?  (Read 2614 times)

Offline MrBad151Topic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
    • Poke This Member
Requirements?
« on: April 03, 2005, 04:28:41 pm »
I collected up a bunch of oils of skills and got the requirements on the starting bow for the amazon to -63%.  At lvl 25 I threw in a Zod rune and duh! the lvl requirement jumped up to lvl 69. -63% requirements on a lvl 69 rune should be about lvl 25.  Unfortunately for me the discounted requirements don't seem to affect runes.  Now I can't get the stupid Zod rune back out since I have yet to find a suicide doll.

Is this a bug? Shouldn't the requirements of whatever I put into the weapon also be reduced?

Thanks  
"As the radius of knowledge increases, so does the circumference of my ignorance"

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
Requirements?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 04:31:16 pm »
oil of skill just reduces the strength and dexterity requirements, not the lvl req.

it would be really overpowered if you could use every item on lvl 1 with enough oil of skill, wouldn't it? :)

Icetongue

Requirements?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 04:32:32 pm »
As in the normal LoD, the suffixes "of ease" and "of simplicity" and familiar effects, that decrease requirements, only the stat reqs are decreased. That means, the lvl req is never changed.

Edit: Gz Olfmo. <_<
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 04:32:56 pm by Icetongue »

• Poke This Member
Requirements?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 07:32:54 pm »
Gah! Thanks..   Before I make anymore mistakes, I have another question.  I read it's possible to add rune words to unique items.. yes?  So I would be able to say, add the rune word "Brand" to a Windforce (should I ever find one)?
"As the radius of knowledge increases, so does the circumference of my ignorance"

leo

Requirements?
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 07:37:38 pm »
no.
runewords only function in grey, blue (magic), yellow (rare), green (tempered (only rares)) and orange (crafted) items.
they wont work in uniques and sets!

• Poke This Member
Requirements?
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 10:49:58 pm »
Darn..  But Rune words working in Rares might be rather nice too.

One more question:  Does anyone have a rough quide as to when is a good level for finishing the various Acts?  Like, Act I, Normal: 20; Act 2, Normal: 30.. etc.

Offline Aleksa

• my Votes: +3/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
Requirements?
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 12:24:46 am »
When you pick up an item which is magic or rare or so on u can check it´s level "itemlevel"... itemlevel=monsterlevel so you can check sometimes whether the monsters around are at your lvl or not. I hope you understand  :lol:  

Offline Olfmo

• HammAdmin
  • my Votes: +182/-92
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Thread
Requirements?
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 01:04:20 am »
also you can look up the monsterlevels of every area as they are in lod (on any lod page, dont know any english one by now^^) and just multiply the mlvl with 1.3 because that is the factor the levels are increased in CE :)

• Poke This Member
Requirements?
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 05:43:56 am »
Checking the items for the monster lvl is quick and easy! Thanks for the Tip!

Offline alexey222

• my Votes: +1/-2
    • Poke This Member
    • http://ce.grimms.org/forum
Requirements?
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 06:56:57 pm »
wtf is "-5lvl and +5 lvl"  ???
TRIBUTE TO RUSSIA !!!

leo

Requirements?
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 07:00:49 pm »
it means, that if difference between ur lvl and the lvl of the monster u killed is less or equal to 5 u will get the most experience for it.
this works until lvl 85, then u will also get pretty much exp of monster with much higher lvls than urs.