Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: The Tao of Poison  (Read 1881 times)

Offline webwalkerTopic starter

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
The Tao of Poison
« on: January 16, 2006, 07:35:00 pm »
Poison was *hellishly* complicated in D2/LOD, and differed 1.09 from 1.10

On top of being complicated, it was shouded in obscurity and disinformation abounded.

Has anybody got a good idea how poison works in CE 7.64?

e.g.:  From ScoobyD's *fantastic* work, we have: "Perfect Emerald: 209 to Minimum Poison Damage, 209 to Maximum Poison Damage, Poison Duration 0 seconds"
If this is correct, then the poison damage is as all-at-once as physical damage, or else it doesn't happen at all.
Other sources (Tal rune, Charms, Puppenkeist, Venom skill, weapons mods) have differing total damage over differing amounts of time, resolving to different damage per 'frame' (1/25 second).  Has anybody done enough experimentation to give "The Tao Of Poison"?

For example, do Lower Resists and/or Conviction enhance poison damage?

Offline Keksgott

• my Votes: +8/-1
    • Poke This Member
    • Mein Steckbrief :-)
Re: The Tao of Poison
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 09:24:30 pm »
To the Perfect Emerald, i think ScoobyD makes a mistake, as far as i know the Poison lengh is about 2 seconds (or 10?) but i know that there is a poison lengh ^^.

If there is REALY no poison lengh (like a tempered belt) the poison damage dosent affect.

To the "other sources" i cant say much, but i think/mean the Skill/Charm/Gem with the Highest poisen damage gives the time.

For Example My assasin cast's Venom, My Venom does make 3000-4000 Poison damage over 1 secound.

i have an poison charm in my inventar that does 200 poison damage over 10 secounds.

the poison damage of my charm ads to the poison damage of the skill venom, but not the full 200 damage points, only 1/10 because the venom skill is only over 1 secound also the 200 damage over 10 secounds converts to 20 poison damage over 1 secound.

thats what i think :-) i dont know if that is true but i dont have another answer of it.

And to your last quetion, Lower resist does Low the poison resist (and fire cold lightning) of the monster but Conviction does only low the lightning cold an fire resist.
but both dont enchant it ^^

and sorry for my realy bad english, i hope you understand me *gg*
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 09:35:55 pm by Keksgott »

Offline back2toxic

• my Votes: +5/-4
  • Isch halt...
    • Poke This Member
Re: The Tao of Poison
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 03:30:37 pm »
i think i read a solution once, but it was neither of your explanations.
it was a formula, in which psndmg/length of all items got added, divided, subtracted and so on...i guess its really hard to get to know how it works and i think that modders are the only ppl knowing about this mistery