AuthorTopic: Problems in Chaossanctuary  (Read 3100 times)

7c19oo

Problems in Chaossanctuary
« on: March 25, 2005, 08:17:26 pm »
they get me always killed by the iron maiden... im fana-zealer... and shooting foth costs too much mana... i tried drinking m.potions but still... i keep on dying... :angry:  

Offline alexey222

• my Votes: +1/-2
    • Poke This Member
    • http://ce.grimms.org/forum
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 08:33:58 pm »
lol..i have too fana zealer ^^ lvl 70....look always revive your merc...just give him some nice stuff .....my suggestion :act 3 merc with cold...man he is very strong, do blizzard,and more !! :thumbup:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 08:34:35 pm by alexey222 »
TRIBUTE TO RUSSIA !!!

Offline efh_nightshiver

• my Votes: +134/-37
  • Rebell
    • Poke This Member
    • Mein Einwohner-Post
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 08:40:43 pm »
you should stop attacking when youre cursed with iron maiden...
just wait for another curse or until it ends...
it costs time, but its working
Gruesse an agnostic, Zen, Lord-Bahamut, leo, Icetongue, chucky(we miss u!), Saaya, alien, Knicky, Staubi, Drow-Elf, meine restliche F-List und auch den lieben Olfmo^^

Offline Reeko

• my Votes: +1/-1
    • Poke This Member
    • That´s me
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 03:36:45 am »
Do you play SP or on CCC/JEN - if you play on realm, why don´t you play in parties, it´s much more fun.

btw - have you ever tried to kill them with vengeance
Der Mann in Schwarz floh durch die Wüste, und der Revolvermann folgte ihm. Die Wüste war der Inbegriff aller Wüsten; sie war riesig und schien sich in alle Richtungen Parseks bis zum Himmel zu erstrecken...Zeit sich weiterzubewegen.
19.6.1970-7.4.2004, Sage Gott meinen Dank!

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 07:08:48 am »
alexey why you always laugh, when someone as starting questions?
saw this in last 10minutes twice..

i remember only max a week ago, you ask as much starting questions, and you still do, so why laugh?

did anyone laugh on you, asking such "easy" questions?

chaos

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

Offline alexey222

• my Votes: +1/-2
    • Poke This Member
    • http://ce.grimms.org/forum
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 12:02:44 pm »
man you dont understand me at all !!!!!!!!!!!! if i say "lol" i meant that i have too a fana-zealer!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I'M NOT LAUGHING.........bad english....
TRIBUTE TO RUSSIA !!!

Offline LCD 144

• my Votes: +0/-0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Problems in Chaossanctuary
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 04:49:05 am »
you should stop attacking when youre cursed with iron maiden...
just wait for another curse or until it ends...
it costs time, but its working

Yes-I always thought so until I played a zealer 1st time ever-now I have a zealer again and it's not a good solution to "stop attacking" since you may get cursed WHILE the attacking sequence-and since I kill myself with 2 hits I have gotten about 6 deaths in RoF and CS(CGS)-I'll have to wait for my Ama-friend to support me through that.
But btw: Oblivion Knights use to curse you with decrepify if you approach them-so you might try(just an idea-it's hard to perform for a pala because you have to pass all their melee friends before) and kill them 1st-the same for "Lords".

There's 1 question that I have left about the "Black Knights" and "Steel Lords": I just can't see any optical differences between them and I think it's a bit of a problem to observe every single of them when he enters the screen-especially for melee chars. Is there any possibility one of those 2 monster types might have a different skin in a later version?

Offline waflob

• my Votes: +1/-1
  • CCC European HC
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 09:40:27 am »
Chaos Sanctuary, with the OKs and their damned IM is a problem for ANY melee build. Zealers have the disadvantage that they can be IMed in the middle of an attack and can't stop (usually results in death).

2 things you can try. Firstly, there are usually a few casters, with many more melee knights in front. If you run back a screen, the melee knights tend to follow you and the casters tend to remain where they are. This way, you can lure the melee types away from the casters and take them out like any other monster. This still leaves the casters and I usually don't like to rely on luck to not be IMed by them.

The second thing you can then do is to shop one of those stupid little wands, that have hardly any physical damage, but loads of elemental damage (choose a damage type that the casters aren't immune to). Switch out to this weapon and take on the casters. Even if you are IMed, you do very little physical damage, so you survive it. The elemental damage isn't relevant to IM.

Hope this helps

DelBoy

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 11:48:55 am »
Talk about old threads coming back to life!  Wow!

Paladins in CS are at a heavy disadvantage: they have exactly TWO credible offensive maneuvers that aren't a melee attack: Fist of the Heavens and Blessed Hammer.  They be mana hogs, and needs Conviction/Concentration to get good milage resectively.  Not an easy choice in Normal, getting enough damage in NM and Hell takes skilling points into both the attack and its helper.

The fanata-zealer, however, can do The Harmless Wand trick (works!) especially with gear that gives "life per kill".  Jaw-temper the wand, and get one with charges to "lower Resists" as well as elemental danage if you can.  Also the fana-zealer can keep his Rogue who is IM immune, or grab up an Iron Wolf (cold or fire) to bear the eventual Infinity pole arm.

Lastly, the FanaZealot can put throwing weapons or a bow on switch.  With fanticism and +IAS gear you can go through a LARGE number of tempered javelins in a hurry.  You run out of tagets, too.  A Kuko and Fanaticism make a paladin into a low-grade fire-zon, a Faith bow will serve you well also.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 08:59:40 pm by webwalker »

Offline Bubonous

• my Votes: +1/-0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 06:25:44 pm »
Kirre Strike giving +3 to strafe (oskill)
upgraded twice to Crusader Bow
6 sockets filled with Zods
made ethereal and permanenced
attack rating and damage fully upgrade with oils

It is the everything killer and works particularly well with enchantresses, elemental paladins, and assassins with venom.  Use with an Infinity polearm (level 12 conviction) for maximum effect.