Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: CE looking for ideas reply  (Read 10745 times)

Offline SorkyTopic starter

• my Votes: +2/-1
    • Poke This Member
CE looking for ideas reply
« on: January 07, 2013, 10:56:26 pm »

I have always thought that the Strong Archers are OP.  Now as the new ladder starts,  MY new Sorc fully agrees with this. (my necro is just as fragile, but he has blockers to help with this).
My Sorc has died 7 times.  Once because I got surrounded and the other 6 by Archers. Archers with melee, with casters = "&*$%^$% dam stupid archers!"  This is especially bad when there are other players in the game.  Even Strong Quill Rats can 2 shot My Sorc.

You want us to multiplay, we get good experience, good chat, its fun.  But when I do, I die really fast, especially when the other players are at different levels, and we are not all in the same area.  While we help each other all the time, we don't baby sit each other because of Archers.  Multiplay is why I play CE, good community, good team play.

The Sorc has no defense against archers, literally no defense.  Unless some one Twinks us the Angelic set, We have almost zero defense, and we have (at least to my knowledge) no way to improve the defense of the items that we have.

The small light radius adds to this problem as the Archers can kill you before you even see them.
I really like the new life and mana on kill you added, but it does little good if i have to constantly drink full rejuve potions to stay alive,  I almost never see the leech effect because of the constant rejuve intake while waiting for a kill. This new laek does work great on the lower life monsters.

Having such a slow run/walk speed makes this problem worse as I can't avoid quick enough when I see an incoming missle.  I have to always be on stamina potions as when my stamina hits zero, I will probably die if in battle.

This is relating to Act 1 only as I have not yet played in Act 2

Condensed Version:  Give us some way to boost our defense, normal and against archers, especially the lower levels.  We can not gamble or find most of the good items untill we are way above the level needed to wear the item.  I never understood this reasoning in D2.  There are good items for low - mid levels, but you need to be a very high level to obtain them.  This really Promotes Twinking.  I would rather not be so dependant on high level characters for gifts, just to get decent items for my level, items that we cannot obtain ourselves when we need them.  Good Weapons are impossible to get untill you are over 80 or so, yet we need them at level 40 or so.  I am not refering to uber items, just everyday stuff.

How about a way to get some low level Barb BO to help?. A rune as I think your are suggesting, not sure, would help but we don't have a way to add sockets at low levels, later in the ladder this is not a problem.

Anyways it is very work intensive to stay alive as a Sorc, why not add a little more fun and survivability for the Caster Sorc.

on a personal note: Happy belated Birthday and thanks for all the hard work. I hope you have a healthy and prosperous 2013.

robbe

Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.   :partytime:

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
Re: CE looking for ideas reply
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 11:04:30 pm »
hi robbe

i decreased life of sorcs some time ago, as most play with manashield, but you are right in low levels its hard, cause lvl speed of sorc and so on (except you use the fool set, which is able to kill monsters easy)
there is a wrong string, as i forgot to add it...sorc shields get life not mana...
shields give dmg-to-life conversion, orb gets life after kill

but its only basicaly implemented as i need to see higher char builds how they work, if it helps, or overpowered and so on..my little tests at home showed up as useful, if you run into mana burner to keep you little bit longer alive

if you look to the char...a sorc is the most fragile person...but she is mental very strong..that way i liked to have her iomplemented...a nec is next fragile one...but yes, with his minions...

i wuill think about sorc low level and a way to only give her little bit boost for first, maybe second act...

a barb bo..can get misused, maybe i can implenent it on a sorc itm and as charges

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

Offline hamil

• my Votes: +1/-0
  • Chaos Core Community
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 06:59:42 pm »
you do very well with a sorceress also in the beginning as long as you have t he 3 skill / resis / run items so you dont need to be afraid that she is underpowered

it just works fine.... and oft she has more problems in the beginning but endgame she is the strongest boss onehitter and can kill nearly all within one killing blow

i remember my 95 sorc she killed clone and all champs around within one zeal sequence

ich hoff in ner woche wieder nen 9xer ^^

naja wird schon hat bisher auch geklappt ^^

Offline bdpf

• Old Gummy. i'm slower now. Stories can be told.
  • my Votes: +6/-0
  • Donated. Did you? (:^:) Need more coin, thou :(
    • Poke This Member
  • CE-Net Account: bdpf
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 03:12:21 am »
@Joe
So I have you to thank for making my source fragile now! /s

How about finder armor set (combination), not a green set, but white, blue or rare, that would help find better armor. This would help Single Play, persons, keep their old characters going. All my older high level guys getting hammered in all levels of Act 5. They no longer kick ass.

They could be added to drops of major opponents, not the quest end opponents.

Armor that could be reworked with runes / jewels to make them useful in all acts.

New rune words to do this?

New doll or combination of dolls to remove sockets so a different number of sockets could be crafted.

These suggestions are for single players

Yes, I'm still stuck playing by my self. At least I can play again. Got the correct drivers for video card with reinstall of windows. The old box is still to slow and slows or freezes with heavy graphics use.

In your next update of the mod could you cut back the visual effects of fire, ice and lighting. Those slow the old box way down. Ha, Ha.

Question: Does the CE Mod work on a 64 bit windows system?

Finally have a little set aside for new computer.

Thanks for all the work on the mod, Joe & guys.

BYE, bdpf, old gummy or snuffy is gone. :wece:
.\\||||||//.
:) +  + ;)   Don't Bite now, Lost my teeth
      /\         So now I tell rambling stories!
  / === \      Grumpy, I is
 ! /|||||\ !      Older than dirt, Piped God
 /||||||||\  aboard this here Sky boat called Earth.
          Roll my own cigarettes, strong tobacco
        Drink anything that don't kill me.
   Cleaned my musket, sharpened the blades
Long Bow is strong,  arrows heads sharp, start running
Wannabe wordsmith, stories fabricated.
Don't call me late for lunch

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 11:46:20 am »
i m runing it on win7 x64

white, blue and yellow items are randon, so how making a set

do you use the special charm from cheat pack, special designed for SP

Offline bdpf

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 09:37:03 pm »
@joe

Drinking tea and looking at the inventory screen and had a silly thought.

1. How about a jewel that would let a player switch identities with a Rouge, ect. Then a Amazon would be a rouges little buddy.

2. Could a jewel be made transparent, to be used at the end or beginning of a rune word to form a set of combined properties.

Example: Three els runes and transparent jewel, in four sockets to make a Knowledge Rune word sword equipped with a rune word shield, would share their combined properties.

I know Joe both seem dumb and would need a lot of work. You wanted ideas and old gummy has a mind full of holes.

Do you know about the 11 level, jewel that gives 7 skill levels to barbarians? Why not for other characters?

A cheat for SP would be nice, none of the above was ever intended for on line use. Some of the above could be awarded when you close a ladder on line, since the characters were removed from on line play. Do I have that right?

Well thats all for now, Joe. Be poking at you some more latter.

bdpf, old gummy and grumpy old man.

ps; I use the armor, weapons, etc and the little gold charms from the old cheat package. Thinking about it, I have not seen the two gold charms in the cheats I have been using. I better down load them again. The ones you can only use in the firat level  or act. Never fear, I have them in shared stashes, saved.

bdpf

:welcome:

:wece:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 09:46:37 pm by bdpf »
.\\||||||//.

Offline Frequenzsuppe2

• my Votes: +8/-10
  • Es wird gehört was auf die Teller kommt!
    • Poke This Member
    • progressive-underground
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 04:27:29 pm »
you do very well with a sorceress also in the beginning as long as you have t he 3 skill / resis / run items so you dont need to be afraid that she is underpowered

it just works fine.... and oft she has more problems in the beginning but endgame she is the strongest boss onehitter and can kill nearly all within one killing blow

i remember my 95 sorc she killed clone and all champs around within one zeal sequence

asking myself if you have played her before or after cgs was made harder to beat? and as well what equip you used... coz my lvl 91 sorc this ladder with some good equip isnt that bosskilling at all.. and very fragile too... even with bo and wolf
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989

[img]http://progressive-underground.de/bilder/progressive-underground.GIF[/img]

Offline bdpf

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 06:28:57 am »
Wore out 6 or 7 mice, three button ones, working on my third or forth wheel mouse while playing Diablo, Hellfire, Diablo II, D2 LOD and CE Mod, both on and off line. Yep I been around for a while playing in Dungeons.
Lets see if i can remember some, Secret of the Silver blades, Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Hack, ah,  others. Started on a Tandy HX1000, back when the Dinos were running around.

Been playing CE regular, except when my old box acted up. Hard drive crashes, smoking mother boards, power outages and when I had to go to work. Don't have that problem now, pulled the pin in '02. Its been over twenty years, thing on it. Gee!

Yep it was before all the fancy cheats which make single play fun.

Ah @Joe

An other thought for the first twenty or so player levels. How about giving a defense boost to players who equip the same level armor, gloves, boots, body armor, shield and helmet. Not counting the weapon or make it harder and include the weapons.  :skull:

Joe that is just something that feel out of the brain box. You know I would really like to play a rouge (thieving, sneaking, etc skills) followed by a barb or zon, maybe a source as a little buddy. Or one of the other PC buddies followed by a regular character as a little buddy. Just a little roll reversal. (SMILE) It would be a challenge because the PC characters don't have all the upgrades the Player Characters have. I told up my mind has some funny twists.

Bye for now, just time left for another run with a young druid.

bdpf, old gummy the grump    :wece:
.\\||||||//.

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 01:53:09 am »
Joe: Try this idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RKrHnYexBic

Edit: If it matters, the fragility of the sorc is absurd.

Multiplied by the archers (esp champion) in darkwood/blackmarsh hitting you from well beyond visual range, it seems sorc must level up in lower areas to twice the level at which che cleared these areas in earlier releases.

I don't know what was "fixed' by breaking the sorc, but sorc is broken!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:03:47 pm by webwalker »

Offline bdpf

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 06:09:09 pm »
@joe
re: ideas

As I sip coffee and smoke, running a new source in act 5, soul hunting with find.

Darn it! Need a way to find items better.

A bard has that item finding skill. (Don't like barbs, not cute at all.) Joe, could the get item skill be added to some armor that drop at random, for a mid-level player, 40 to 50 level. This would be nice for on-line and Single Play. Players would then have an other reason to move slow and check out drops.

Ah, Joe a true skill linked to the armor, not a charges of the skill.

Now for the single player with old characters saved from earlier mods, me! Can the quest be reset (The imbue 1st act.) that blocks completion of the new quests? I'm thinking of a small utility that could be down loaded and run on these saved characters. They could then pick up the new quest items. A lot of time has spent with these little lovelies making them strong killers.

Or is there all ready a program to reset the blocking quests?

Thanks for all the work you and the others do for the mod. (SMILE)

bdpf, old gummy, grumpy old man upstairs, etc

bye
.\\||||||//.

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 10:23:31 pm »
the only quests with blocking features would be the ancients and each act boss

or did i got you wrong?

Offline bdpf

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 05:13:45 am »
@joe
re: blocked quests

Not the normal quests, Joe.

The extra quests of the CE mod. If you do the hammer quest in act one, you can't pick up the bread slices for the extra quests. All my better, alas, older characters have slippery fingers. One was 104 level when brought out of retirement and was dropped to 88 level. She is a real butter fingered source.

Theses are all saved characters from different mods and SP of LOD CE before the inventory expansion. Old and moldy they are with lots of hours spent making good monsters. Some have fought the good fight with the cheater charms but is not the same as earning them.

Well back to the Snowdrift Vanilla Porter I'm tasting. Real smooth with a vanilla after taste, nice. heres to ya then. Takes an other sip.

bye for now.

Joe we really could use a few new drops for SP and On-line.

Old gummy done for now!
bdpf
.\\||||||//.

Offline Rune

• my Votes: +2/-0
    • Poke This Member
  • BattleTag: Rune#1671
  • CE-Net Account: Rune
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 02:57:13 am »
bring back morph amulets!
We still need more people to youtube this mod, or something.. realms feels dead :/

Offline Ramierez

• my Votes: +50/-1
  • \,,\ >.< /,,/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 12:14:16 pm »
who said they are gone?  :blush2:
Laut Joe ist eins der 7 Übel in Diablo Arielle die Meerjungfrau
Farin Urlaub: Ich bin vieleicht nicht lustig, aber ich wäre ein spitzen Diktator.
TUM Mensa Aktionsessen: Gekochtes Fleisch in brauner Soße
George W. Bush: Gesunde Kinder brauchen keine Krankenversicherung
Neun von zehn Stimmen in meinen Kopf sagen ich bin nicht verrückt. Die andere summt die Melodie von Tetris...
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=chaos%20empire

Offline Rune

• my Votes: +2/-0
    • Poke This Member
  • BattleTag: Rune#1671
  • CE-Net Account: Rune
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 12:05:55 am »
...they were removed for server support many patches ago  :cray:
some still work O.O?