AuthorTopic: ATTENTION: Informations about third party programs (NoCD, Bots, ...)  (Read 16615 times)

Celial

In case that you are interested in using third party programs, i can say you that it won't work.

A special combination of files check each other wether influenced by any program that is not authorized or not.
And if one file is influenced, the game will quit or, in case you try to use d2loader, it won't start.

And, very important, don't ask in this forum after bots, hacks etc or why they won't work, it raise your warning level faster than you can say "hack"!

so, play fair, play legit and have much fun!

MfG
Celial
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:15:38 pm by ScoobyD »

EvilRabbit

ATTENTION: Informations about NoCD, Bots, Maphack,
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 10:21:06 am »
cant blizzard use this to stop hackings too?

Offline LordBahamut

• my Votes: +39/-18
  • RL-Name: Jonas K.
    • Poke This Member
    • Mein Einwohnerpost
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 10:31:50 am »
They could, sure, but they won't... We discused in the "Off-Topic Forum" if they could. They are able to do this, but they won't, because a great part of the Battle.net would leave when cheats aren't possible any more. So you could say, they accept the cheating...Sad but true...
[img]http://s1.sigamp.com/users/LordBahamut/newsig.png[/img]
Ich grüsse: efh_nightshiver, Icetongue, Agnostic, Totbringer, Roy_Marquise, Snow_Maid, Vandahl, Radon-Ex, Saaya, Baerchi, IFRID, Phosgen, Olfmo, Sportfreund, Aleksa, einfach alle meine Freunde

Zudem noch ChaosEnergy, MrBean, Jen und Grothesk für ihre unermüdliche Arbeit

EvilRabbit

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 12:07:48 pm »
well if they lose b.net ppl they still wont lose any money IMO. they dont profit from us playing on B.NET

mariomario1984

Re: ATTENTION: Informations about NoCD, Bots, Maphack,
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 10:21:38 pm »
actually thats not true.....sites like themoofarm....and online sites like that...bnet can stop hacks...they stop some...but only the repeadtive bots or some of the pay for use maphacks...but they bann cdkeys so people will go out and buy new games for the cdkey.  Bnet sells cdkeys to sites like themoofarm...and even some of the item sites are ran by bnet...and thats sad but true

Offline hulivili

• my Votes: +4/-3
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 09:21:39 pm »
is it possible to play with a "image" cd
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 04:14:02 pm by hulivili »

Offline DrowElf

• my Votes: +75/-14
    • Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
  • CE-Net Account: drow-elf (HC-only)
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 09:49:48 pm »
@hulivili

Stop spamming in this thread.

Offline tvynr

• my Votes: +1/-0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 02:56:19 pm »
I'm interested in how the AntiCheat.dll file works and from where it came.  I have played CE for a while now and have recently decided to pursue the creation of my own Diablo II mod.  However, I wouldn't want my game to be messed up like Diablo II LOD was by cheats, maphack, etc.  How does AntiCheat.dll work?  Did Chaos write it or did he find it somewhere else?  Would it be possible for me to use this fantastic utility in my mod?

I have a great deal of respect for the fact that writing something like that would take work, so if you don't want me to use it, I'll understand.  I'm just curious because I think that this file would be a powerful addition to any mod.

Thanks!

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 03:14:25 pm »
the anticheat dll tells you with right click properties who has done it...

its completly ce specific. so there is no module for external mods...

i supplied it to one mod in reduced form, but this was a one time job

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

Offline mastam

• my Votes: +3/-2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 03:43:45 pm »
Bizzard will lost many players when they create a anti-cheattool.
And this player would not buy Diablo3.

Thats business

And i think al lot of itemshops are against anti-cheattool

« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 03:49:33 pm by masta-m »

Offline arcadians

• my Votes: +4/-4
  • Chaos core community
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 07:50:33 pm »
i think diablo 3 would have been a gd game but sony baught the rights and any 1 with wow  does blizzard even care about diablo any more.?
In all my travels i have seen neither a vision or heard a secret that will damn my soul and at over 400 years i believe my self to be the oldest living vampire        -interview with a vampire-

Somewhere south of nowwhere south of nothing
-location-

thanks for all the fish
-hitchikers guide to the galaxy-

even the smallest man can change the course of the future     -Lord of the Rings-

Offline Clordes

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 04:08:00 pm »
Well, can't say Blizzard doesnt care anymore, they just banned thousands of Cd keys for maphacks.

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
Re: ATTENTION: Information about NoCD, Bots, Maphack,
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 07:19:39 pm »
There is confusion about "NoCD" (the tool with that name) and playing without a CD in your drive.

Playing CE mod without the CD in your drive is simple, easy, works, and is allowed: *if* you do not use a method that alters any of the on-disk files that make up an installation of D2/LOD.
Examples of methods that don't work: NoCD, d2loader (they modify game files on disk)
Examples of methods that work: Alcohol120% or BlindWrite and Daemon Tools.

The non-working methods conflict with the Mod because they alter the game files, and the mod installation alters the game files.  The mod installation puts specific code & data bytes at specific locations in the game files; if these files aren't "stock clean" then the result is garbage. (Imagine gene-splicing to give you purple eyes, but your genes have been altered (by cancer).
The genes altered by the "PurpleEye" chemical or virus wind up being not the ones for eye color, but for regulating the heart rate... things don't wor ... *errrk*(thud).)

There is also concern to keep this realm free of "cheat tools", like "Map Hack" and "grabbit" and a great many others.  Battle.Net was like a war zone, from Trigger-Hack-PK methods to trade scam tools to item-grabbing tools. The CE mod is about the opposite: we're to act like family.  Whatever bad motives for use of these "cheat tools" that some people have, such people aren't wanted or welcome here.  To whatever extent these "cheat tools" helped protect you on battle.net from the sociopathic grief-mongers, these tools aren't needed here, the griefers aren't here.

Example, Dueling is allowed.  Parties agree before hand and fight in the PVP area in act 1 Rogues Camp. PKing is not allowed,  It happened *once* to my knowledge since March 2004, and the PKer was promptly and permanently banned.  Giving items away is allowed and expected.  Stealing items (somebody else is muling so stuff is on the ground in Rogue's camp) is NOT allowed, has happened, and gets people banned until they make a convincing apology.

About other posts in this thread: Blizzard *is* attempting to install and use preventative/protective code to eliminate abuses; the results are not uniformly good.  The Warden and The Root Kit are examples of *bad* ways to keep the realms clean.  Muling has become very difficult since Blizzards "bot-detector" can't tell the difference between a pindle-bot and somebody muling.

Bots and scripts are flatly prohibited.  One person playing at one computer is the intended method of use of the CE realm.  Multiple computers and one person with a KVM switch, or with multiple keyboards, screens, and mice, with multiple simultaneous log-ins using one or more accounts, is flatly prohibited.  Upon detection such accounts are banned.  It is expected that we interact with each other.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 05:15:21 pm by webwalker »

Offline flamingpyroxxx

• my Votes: +0/-1
  • CE Europe
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2005, 03:39:17 am »
very nicely put webwalker, that basically sums it up for this subject. thanks

Offline SkuLL

• my Votes: +0/-0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 07:35:42 pm »
I`ve got a problem today concerning your system! Chaos Empire just won`t launch and curses BNUpdate.exe!
How can I fix it?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 07:48:28 pm by SkuLL »