Catch me if you can

AuthorTopic: World Event Diablo and other questions  (Read 4362 times)

Offline scat35Topic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
World Event Diablo and other questions
« on: March 02, 2006, 10:11:14 am »
Need some more help please :)

I came across world event diablo today for the first time(and died horriblely)What i need to know is this.

1.How often does he spawn because the way those rings get sold i can see him spawning every map!!

2.Both myself and my wife died against him then when we came back to get our bodies he was gone?

Now for some other questions.

3.Is there a way to socket items besides the way you get in act 5 as a quest reward?I have read alot of people socket many items to boost their resist`s and was wondering about it.

4.Found a doll recipe that requires a constricting ring,what is a constricting ring ,a unique?

5.At what level character do you start gambling the very best uniques and set items (im level 87 now)

OK thats it for now once again.

Thanks for all your help it is greatly appreciated :)

Offline DrowElf

• my Votes: +75/-14
    • Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
  • CE-Net Account: drow-elf (HC-only)
Re: World Event Diablo and other questions
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 11:21:51 am »
1. Afaik the World Event Clone spawns only once every hellgame.

2. ?

3. You can socket all previously unsocket items (exept gloves and boots) with the following recipe:
    "Item + double amount perf. gems of wanted sockets"
    Example: "Armor and 8 perf. gems" will bring you an armor with 4 sockets.
    Put them in the Horadric Cube and if the itemlevel is high enought and the item itself can get as much sockets,
    you get the desired sockets.

4. The Constriction Ring is a unique Ring.
Constricting Ring
Ring
Level Required: 95
All Resistances 100%
-30 Drain Life
100% Better Chance to Getting Magic Items
Maximum Resist All 15%
Color on char: Crystal Blue

5. That depends on the item you want to gamble.
    As Example the above ring you will be able to gamble with Level ~91 but really chances will be not before Level 95.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 11:35:47 am by DrowElf »

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 11:38:15 am »
Thanks for that,as for number 2 ill try to explain it better :)

My wife and i were fighting the world event diablo when at a point we both died within a few seconds of each other ,when we got back to where we had died the diablo clone was no longer in that area at all.

Also just got a gold mysterious book off bishibo in hell ,what is that for?

Thanks again :)

Offline DrowElf

• my Votes: +75/-14
    • Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
  • CE-Net Account: drow-elf (HC-only)
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 11:41:54 am »
The mysterious book is needed for the new quest.

Take a look at the quest change informations.

I don´t know if it is normal that the World Event Clone disappears after killing the players. For that matter you have to wait for other users with more knowledge.

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 04:35:33 pm »
Need some more help please :)

1.How often does he spawn because the way those rings get sold i can see him spawning every map!!
He spawns once in a game, meaning if you're working in Act 2, and see "diablo walks the earth", go to act 1, visit the Den of Evil, and UDiablo will be in Corpsefire's place.  You can then ignore him and continue in act 2, or skin the lizard there and sift through his drops there, then go back to act 2 when you're done.

2.Both myself and my wife died against him then when we came back to get our bodies he was gone?
I play HardCore, so when I die that's the end of him.  This won't work for you.  Get your resists maxed (e.g. Rogue merc with Humility armor), get your resists caps boosted (Loyalty shield, Zod in your ammy), and get "Magic Damage Reduced By (some large number)".  This attribute is cumulative if you have it on several items.  "Damage reduced by" will help also.  "Fire Absorb" and "Lightning Absorb" equipment will help. 
That's "Surviving UDiablo"
Killing him is another question, and it's a job for Crushing Blow.  Smite is an excellent method for delivering crushing blow, as is Strafe if you have a source of Concentration (Pally aura) around.

3.Is there a way to socket items besides the way you get in act 5 as a quest reward?I have read alot of people socket many items to boost their resist`s and was wondering about it.
There are a few items you can't socket: boots, gloves, certain UberUniques, and anything that already has a socket in it.
There are limits to how many sockets an item can get, which depend both on the item type and the item ilvl. There is a table somewhere...  The socketing method is what DrowElf gave: nSocket*2(pGems) + item in cube, hit transmute, and you have an object with sockets.  This makes PGems important, so grab a set of bags and start stuffing in gems.

Also grab up a set of caskets (same as Gem Bags, but are for brains, eyes, spleens, etc).

Also grab a set of Oil Barrels and start keeping the oils, especcially the ones you don't want.  25 of them make a Moderator doll, which can change ANY Normal item to Exceptional, and any Exceptional to Elite.  You can have a Bartucs Breastplate turned into a Greak Hauberk so you can put 4 sockets in it (brestplate and cuirass can only take 3 sockets) and put 4 Um runes in the sockets for 60% resistance to all, 28% resistance to magic. (BTDT Standard Procedure).

5.At what level character do you start gambling the very best uniques and set items (im level 87 now)
The very best uniques cannot be gambled.  You can see basically what they look like by downloading the "SP Cheat Items" package Joe put together, and then go get them for yourself by getting into Hell, killing Nihlathak, and going down below his "dungeon" to the levels that look like "Crystalline Passage", there you'll find that the "frozen river" has become "to a nasty place".  Do this in Normal with your level 87 characters as a practice run, then in NM until you reach level 90.  Then start adventuring through Hell.
In the 4 "nasty place"s (one per level of the dungeon that looks like Crystalline Passage) you will meet succubus-like vilewitches that can (rarely) drop unique charms that are soul stones that are a bit better than annihlus charms.  You also can get an annihlus charm from UberDiablo in the A5 areas in Hell. (go through the Red Portals, one of them has UberDiablo behind it).

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 01:34:47 am »
Great Thanks for that info,u said that in hardcore once you died diablo is gone,hmm that is what happened to us,he had gone from the game when we came back for our bodies.

Offline Bubonous

• my Votes: +1/-0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 04:13:19 am »
In hardcore when your character dies it is the end of your character, not the end of Uber D.  Uber D can wander around a little bit, but he shouldn't be disappearing or moving to a new area.  When fighting Uber D, you may want to have a source of prevent monster heal.

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 07:44:34 am »
Am still slightly confused with the new quest sorry.Corrrect me if im wrong,so now when you come into act 1 although u get the quest to rescue cain you ignore it at this stage? I have been given the quest by akara but cannot find the scroll of incubus.

Please tell me where im going wrong,ive read the faq but that just tells me what not to do it doesnt tell you what you do in general.

Thanks for putting up with me :)

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 03:30:02 pm »
Am still slightly confused with the new quest sorry.Corrrect me if im wrong,so now when you come into act 1 although u get the quest to rescue cain you ignore it at this stage?
I have been given the quest by akara but cannot find the scroll of incubus.
Yes, ignore Akara's giving the quest.  If you go to the darkwood, the tree of innifus (not incubus) is missing anyway, so you couldn't get the scroll there if you wanted to.

Offline ZenPdH

• my Votes: +55/-18
    • Poke This Member
    • http://chaosempire.info/forum/index.php/topic,4142.0.html
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 04:15:56 pm »
Now u have to cube teh scroll of innifus.

U need to kill baal, he drops an item, like the words in a2 and 3, 'this will bring u ...'! He drops it only once (questdropt) and only one item(so make sure, that u are alone/not in party). If u miss this drop, u can get the item also from damien in swamphole lvl3
This u will have to cube in a1 town with the 'mysterious book' (bishibosh in cold plains will drop it everytime) to open a portal to a huge maze (no map!!!).

Find and kill the cow king in the maze, he will drop the next item u will need (forgot the name :-/ ).
This u will have to cube with 'fought the 7' (fight the seven for it :P ) and the 'black tower key' (dungeon lvl 17, ancient izual drops it (in cgs its a random drop, also GubbelGubbel or uber possible, so more then one time could be necessary)) to get the innifus scroll.

-> stony field -> open NEW tris (chimera, leoric, butcher, ancient dia, (strong) cow king, grisworld and lazarus will be there, so be prepared ;) ) -> go to the 3 sublevels, 1 new word in each of them (u have to kill the 'dragon' to get the drop) -> go to moo moo farm (after grisworld is dead tp will open -> wp), find and kill woodhead (correct name?) for the 4th word -> rescue cain in tris -> visit akara and get the last word -> quest done

Easy, isn't ist ;)

Have fun
It's just one of those days
Where you don't wanna wake up
Everything is f****d, everybody sucks.
You don't really know why
But you wanna justify rippin' someone's head off
No human contact
And if you interact your life is on contract
Your best bet is to stay away mo****f****r!
It's just one of those days!

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 04:54:35 pm »
Thanks for that :)