AuthorTopic: Getting Butt Whipped In Come Get Some Need Some Tips Please !!!!  (Read 5326 times)

Offline scat35Topic starter

• my Votes: +0/-0
  • Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
Getting Butt Whipped In Come Get Some Need Some Tips Please !!!!
« on: February 27, 2006, 07:34:00 am »
Hi,have just upgraded to 765,and and just made it to comegetsome level for the first time.My wife and i have gone from butt kickers to 1 hit wonders and spend much of our time now taking dirt naps.So i will rattle off a few questions i have in a desperate attempt to survive.

1.At the moment i have a lvl 78 amazon and are now struggling to lvl up.Has the amont of experience you lose when you die increased?(am getting body back each time)Will doing worldstone keep in lets rock help me lvl up or should i persist in blood moor of comegetsome as leveling is really slow now.

2.As i never play online only lan based games,what is the story when you get into comegetsome and you see the stone of jordan being sold to merchants,then you get a msg saying diablo walks the earth.Where does he show up??Who is selling those rings?

3.Has any new items been introduced to the 765 version and is there a readme which lists all the minor changes not just the quest related changes.

4.My resistances has plummeted when got into comegetsome level.Is there better elite stuff to find to help or do you guys use cube recipes to get these up?

5.What are the soulstones i hear about in comegetsome level,what do they do and where do you start finding them.

6.Has the amount of money you can make by gambling wands and staffs ect been reduced in this version or is it just my imagination?

7.In the new quests are you supposed to not get cain at all till after you kill baal?Because even in comegetsome lvl where i have only completed the den of evil quest he still remains in town from the start(although the slacker uses a portal to move only a few feet some times hehe)

Anyway thanks for helping will all my rantings again(i promise not all aussies are as dumb as me) :):)

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
  • my Votes: +517/-120
  • Ich bin hier auf der Arbeit, nicht auf der Flucht
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
  • BattleTag: ChaosEmpire#2215
  • CE-Net Account: ChaosEnergy[CE]
Re: Getting Butt Whipped In Come Get Some Need Some Tips Please !!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 07:50:12 am »
first dont go to cgs until you are lvl 85, or you wont exp anyway...
(monster lvl must be +-5 of you..)

1. yes it has increased

2. this is the "famous" world event" when it appears, diablo clone will replace your next visited superunqiue monster...kill him, and get special drops

3. no, there are no minor listing, cause of to much mionor changes in a long time period, 3 new uniques, and you will find them oat end of itemlist (offline)
also the caskets are new

4. for SP like onlineHC there is a special recipe in 765sp3, which enables you to get a teddy with rsistance, see downloads

5. you will find them also in a powered up version, in the "cheater" package, the real ones have less skills, no exp boost

6. yes, it has been "fixed"

7. yes, cain quest needed to be moved to get the "new" quest enabled, also dont imbue, or you ant carry the needed parts for this quests, see forum, for much more information about this quest

CEmail: chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.eu
Chaos Empire® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler ©2003-2012

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 08:20:53 am »
So where would you suggest i play to lvl up at lvl 78?

Offline DrowElf

• my Votes: +75/-14
    • Poke This Member
    • DrowElfs Tools
  • CE-Net Account: drow-elf (HC-only)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 08:25:35 am »
Depending on your charlevel the monsterlevel (look at the itemlevels after killing) should be only 5 levels higher or lower.

You can take a look at the Experience Guide for hints where you can play, but this thread is in german language.

At your level you can try the Chaos Sanctuary or Act5 in Lets Rock.

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 08:26:46 am »
kill a monster get the drop and look on item level displayed in popup

this is the level of the monster, you need to be +-5 until lvl85

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 08:46:33 am »
Thanks for that.Pity that the guide is in german

Offline Bubonous

• my Votes: +1/-0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 10:06:42 am »
The guide isn't really crucial.  Just check ilevels like Chaos suggested and stay within 5 levels.  It doesn't make sense to leave Let's Rock (Nightmare) until at least level 90.  The same is true when leveling up mercs.  From what I've seen the +/-5 levels experience window stays in effect permanently or at least well after the level 52 that was stated in version 7.64 readme.

For survival you will need plenty of crowd control; it also helps to have battle orders either from a Humility armor or the doll stash or both.  Resistance you can get from a variety of sources.  Webwalker posted about that recently in the "SinglePlayer cheating Items" thread.  If you are running a strafer amazon, you could try a Medusazon setup.  Here's my guide for vanilla D2: http://www.forumplanet.com/planetdiablo/topic.asp?fid=2121&tid=1464555
CE was the extreme testing ground for my build.  The equipment selections in the guide still work in CE, but CE also has new options for you.  You can check the offline itemlists for the desired crowd control properties (hit slows target, hit blinds target, knockback, hit causes monsters to flee).  Not all of the entries in the itemlist display the bonus values of hit blinds target and hit freezes target, but we can make do with what's there.  Silence should still work wonders (put it in a good tempered rare Crusader or Hydra bow that you gamble or reroll with rare charms or upgrade from an exceptional or even normal rare) and Cleglaw's Claw now has 50% hit slows target.  If you can't manage anything else right away, use arrows with hit causes monsters to flee.  Be sure to sell those to Akara (some other merchants are okay too) and buy them back before you run out to replenish them.  Use strafe at maximum range for maximum safety.  Charging ahead without nerfing the monsters first will get you killed.

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 03:32:49 pm »
Thanks for that. Pity that the guide is in German

The pity is that we can only read English.

1: answered: kill things or open chests, pick up an item and see the level number, that's the level of the area.  Stay within 5, because lower level monsters give less experience (much less if you're not level 85 or more), and higher level monsters are both better at hitting you, and harder to hit, and if you're not level 85 or more, then you'll get less exp for doing a harder thing...

2:Nobody is selling the rings, the game is counting up for you.  When "Diablo Walks The Earth". change character to a smiter (smite always hits) with some source of Life Tap, and go "skin that ugly lizard".  The game *maker* can't do this character change, only the game joiner(s).  So, get a third computer, use a mule character on that computer to make the game, and you and your wife both join!

3&4 answered.

5: Soul Stones are mall unique charms that drop rather rarely.  The best hunting spot is the "Nasty Places" under Nihlathak in act 5 CGS.  You can read about them in the itemlist web page here on the forum.

6: Gambling is still profitable, but not by wands, staves, scepters, and the other ease money makers.  Oil potions and Racid Gas potions are a good source of money.

Socket your rings, Nef and Sur on a strafe-a-zon give you knockback and Hit-Blinds-Target on whatever weapon you're using. I'd build a Faith bow rather than a Silence bow, the Fanaticism helps everybody in the party tremendously.

You're an aussie?  You have to stand on your head to play the game because the servers are in the other (right-side-up) hemisphere!
?Wasn't that obvious?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 03:38:57 pm by webwalker »

Offline Bubonous

• my Votes: +1/-0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 05:38:27 pm »
Unless the blind bonus on Sur has changed, it only gives blind +1.  On a ranged weapon that only gives a 16.7% chance to blind targets of the same level and 8.3% chance on monsters 5 levels higher than the character.  In addition the duration will be short: The level of Dim Vision that's cast on the target is equal to (Chance - Roll)/5+1, max of 20.  Might as well just use the hit causes monsters to flee arrows then.  Silence gives blind +33.  At that level you have a 100%+ chance to blind anything that can be blinded that is no more than 82 levels above you.  That's everything that can be blinded.

For that which can not be blinded (act bosses, uniques, champions, defilers, suicide minions, oblivion knights), I'd like to use decrepify.  Monsters that are hit with a combination of hit slows target and decrepify move very slowly (with the exception of ones which are frenzied and have the extra fast property).  The problem is that the sources of decrepify for a bowazon really aren't that great.  There's a set ring that gives it as an oskill, but I want that slot for the Jewelry of the Diva.  There's Duriel's soulstone, but I doubt I'll ever have one and it casts it when struck as well as having it as an oskill.  I'd rather just have the oskill for this particular character.  There are a variety of weapons that have a chance to cast when striking or when killing, but they aren't suitable weapons for regular use.  That leaves me with Pure Rancor hatchets, which have it as an oskill.  I can weapon swap, cast, and swap back.

Faith is definitely a great bow though -- fast, high damage, and party friendly aura.  However, I'll stick with Silence (actually just check and all of the Amazon only bows can have 6 sockets, so I'll use one of those) and use a Fanaticism merc when I get to Act 2 Come Get Some and in the meantime use a might merc and try to get my hands on one of these:

Lysiann's Eyecatcher
Scarabshell Boots
Defense: 22 - 26
Damage: 60 - 110
Durability: 14
Required Strength: 91
Level Required: 66
400% - 500% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances -50%
-20% Faster Run/Walk
3 - 5 to Martial Arts (Assassin only)
Slows Target by 50%
Prevent Monster Heal
1% Chance of Crushing Blow (Based on Character Level)
Level 20 - 25 Concentration Aura when equipped
Hit Blind Target  (+1????? sure wish I knew, but usage will demonstrate about how much)
500 Poison Damage over 2 seconds

I've collected enough charms to counter the resistance and run/walk penalties.

I haven't given one of my Medusazons a run since 7.49e, so it's definitely time for another one -- after my doll stash is ready in a few more days.

For other characters I have found life tap to be very valuable.  I frequently use Hell's Torment greaves for its 18% CTC level 1 Life Tap.

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 06:41:43 pm »
i entered stupidity 10 not 1

Offline webwalker

• Owner of the post with highest quality
  • my Votes: +37/-8
  • The Rune after "Jah" should be "WOHL!" yes?
    • Poke This Member
    • My Inhabitant Post.
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 06:56:07 pm »
i entered stupidity 10 not 1

Huh?  Most courses are numbered from 100, so that would be Stupidity 101 for a first-year student.

...or... if I can stop the silly teasing for a second... do you meant that the Sur rune gives HBT +10 in CE?

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 07:07:37 pm »
no eyecatcher..

Offline bdpf

• Old Gummy. i'm slower now. Stories can be told.
  • my Votes: +6/-0
  • Donated. Did you? (:^:) Need more coin, thou :(
    • Poke This Member
  • CE-Net Account: bdpf
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 12:39:41 am »
Ah CE flunked 101

Huh?  Most courses are numbered from 100, so that would be Stupidity 101 for a first-year student.

...or... if I can stop the silly teasing for a second... do you meant that the Sur rune gives HBT +10 in CE?

He no longer stupid, but  very smart or we would not have the CE MOD. ???

bdpf

ps; He just prown to typos.
.\\||||||//.
:) +  + ;)   Don't Bite now, Lost my teeth
      /\         So now I tell rambling stories!
  / === \      Grumpy, I is
 ! /|||||\ !      Older than dirt, Piped God
 /||||||||\  aboard this here Sky boat called Earth.
          Roll my own cigarettes, strong tobacco
        Drink anything that don't kill me.
   Cleaned my musket, sharpened the blades
Long Bow is strong,  arrows heads sharp, start running
Wannabe wordsmith, stories fabricated.
Don't call me late for lunch

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 03:02:24 am »
Thanks guys your help has been invaluable.As you can imagine the game is much trickier standing on your head while playing downunder :) Also Chaos you mentioned about getting resistance skills on your teddy.I found the other recipes for the teddy but no resistance ones?

Also by the sounds of it i still have many good items to find,also am not interested in downloading that singlepayer cheat pack,would much rather wait,work and have the joy of finding it all myself :)

Offline ChaosEmpire

• 1st CE Player
    • Poke This Member
    • My inhabitant post
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 08:29:14 am »
the cheat pack contains the needed charm to transmute a clean teddy into a resistance teddy...

this charm is online only available in HC, but SP players will have same issues like HC players...

• Enter your Realm here
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 12:45:42 am »
Ok thanks Hmm i may pass that one up.
Postet at: February 28, 2006, 10:47:11 am
At what level do you start gambling the real top notch stuff like elite bows top set items ect,i seem to think its level 90 onwards is that correct?Am now level 85(thanks to you guys)